All reviews cosmos tour business area quiet area nice hotel brussels airport town centre the ground floor free internet spacious room motorway jamal europe
Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

There is no free Wifi in room. Costs 5€ to get room access.
The (Mis)Information Guest Services book says currency exchange is available at reception. NO LONGER TRUE. Guest Services Book not updated--liar, liar pants on fire!
Located on a highway. Not convenient to City Center. To get there requires a bus and metro 5€ each way, 25 mins.
Room service menu states a "plat du jour" special for lunch for only 10€--liar, liar pants on fire, not true. Price went up to 10.50€ which might seem piddling but we only had 34€ as there was no currency exchange as falsely stated in the (Mis)Information Guest Services book. Was having difficulty with credit card and would take 24 hours to clear so had to use cash.
Hubby and I carefully studied the menu and actually could spend only 27€ for food as there's a 7€ service charge.
When the waiter delivered our food, he told us about the price increase. Tried to use my credit card and luckily the charge was approved.
I would NEVER have stayed here but it's part of our pilgrimage.
On the plus, side the room is comfy but the bowl sink in the bathroom has a too large faucet that causes water to spill all over the countertop, soaking all your toiletries.
For breakfast, groups are limited to 45 mins in the dining room. Our group was scheduled for breakfast from 6:30 to 7:15AM. We were asked to hurry along at 7:15 but some of our group stayed beyond our allotted time to finish their breakfast.
If this hotel cannot conveniently accommodate groups, it should not accept group bookings; but then who would they dupe to stay here otherwise?
Previous to this hotel, we were in Manila, Burgos, Fatima, and Lourdes. No time limits were placed on our breakfast in any of those hotels.
There is no excuse for wrong information provided in a guest's room.
Ramada Brussels Woluwe obviously didn't want to bother with the expense of providing updated guest information books or room service menus.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Eileen B
Reviewed 8 July 2017

Having spent 2 weeks at this hotel, with a group of 27 people, I can say that the staff were extremely helpful and obliging to all of our requests and specific needs. Stephane the Manager met with me personally to discuss our team needs and the front desk staff were helpful and friendly. I have to also say thanks to the cleaning staff who worked tirelessly on the ground floor.
The rooms vary in size and arrangement but are clean neat and had all the things we needed. The wifi at times was slow but the hotel was at capacity.
There is a bus stop right out the front of the hotel and some good food choice in about a 15-20 minute walk.
There were nice parks that had great play things for kids close by also.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms 2, 20 or 22 for larger rooms on the ground floor
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Hotel-cmanager, General Manager at Ramada Brussels Woluwe, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2017

Dear Melissa,

Allow us to thank you for your detailed summary about your time at Ramada Brussels Woluwe hotel.
It is truly wonderful to read your compliments regarding our team - we will be sure to be passing these compliments on. Our team are only too happy to be of service.

We are pleased to see that the overall standard of your rooms were to your satisfaction and that you were able to make full use of the surrounding parks and bus stop, directly outside the hotel.

Just to make you aware, our internet Wi-fi connection is very stable, based on Proximus fiber network (high capacity 100 MB). Sometimes, having your device connected to a wrong antenna in the building can cause the signal to be less sufficient. Usually it is fixed by making a new Wi-Fi network search. We would be delighted to assist, should you wish to stay with us, again!
I really look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back on a future stay.

With very best wishes,

Reviewed 1 July 2017

The worst possible experience from a reputed chain of Hotels. Me and my spouse had specifically chosen this particular property to celebrate our 2nd Wedding anniversary considering the brand and the facilities provided in India, but alas, we were disappointed to the core. Being the last day of our holiday i.e the 20th, I would say it was a the only forgettable part of our time in Europe.
1. The roads were closed on both sides from where the property is located so we had to drag our luggage for about 800 meters just to reach the lobby.
2. To our disappointment, no bellhops were available to take the luggage to our room, situated on the 3rd floor, and the elevators were situated quite a distance from the reception desk.
3. The Hallways were filthy and smelling of grime and sweat. The reason provided was that a group of Hockey players had arrived after their Matches. - Should not be an excuse to compromise on the quality for other guests who have paid equally for the stay.
4. The corridors were also lined with sports bags and wet shoes on both the floors that we dared to walk on, breathing only momentarily until we reached the room.
5. The "romantic" dinner that was planned went for a complete toss on seeing the menu card provided by a sole waitress (probably recruited on a temporary basis, by the look of it) who lacked knowledge and overall waitressing experience to be working there. The menus were creased and torn in several places and neither was the choice of food offered any better.
5. No one was bothered to attend to us during our entire dinner and we had to wait another 15 minutes for the bill, which we were later informed had to be paid by going to the counter.
6. The wifi service offered was extremely poor and we struggled for a good hour to get the wifi connected and another to get it working. On complaining, we were advised to go all the way to the reception to get the issue sorted, which we decided against, considering the filthy hallways.

On the brighter side of things, the room was comfortable and cosy. The bed was something i would brag about but that was it.

All in all it was a forgettable experience and I would advise strongly against booking a room here. We were glad that we had booked only a single night, so we did not have to suffer much.

Room Tip: Any room is good if the floor that its situated on is not filthy
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 June 2017

I left the hotel on the morning of Thursday, June 15th. My colleagues and I left the luggage in the left-luggage office. We returned in the afternoon to pick up the luggage and go to the airport. Then I realized I did not have my e-reader. I asked to the employees in the reception desk if someone had given them a misplaced e-reader. They had no news. They left me the key to the room I had occupied and it was still free, but I did not find the e-reader. I asked for an email address. The next day I wrote to the hotel asking them to look for the e-reader. Luckily they told me that they had found it. I sent the hotel my payment details and sent the e-reader home. I am very grateful.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Hotel-cmanager, General Manager at Ramada Brussels Woluwe, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2017

Dear Guest,
Our sincerest thanks for this nice opinion concerning your stay at the Ramada Brussels Woluwe,
We are very happy you were able to appreciate the efficiency of our reception team and the high standards and quality service which we strive to uphold.
The whole team hope that we will have the chance to welcome you back on a future occasion.
My best wishes,

Reviewed 23 June 2017

It's honestly not a bad hotel but there was something about that just made it eh. The rooms are big and the bathroom was as well, I have no complain in regards to that or the cleanliness of it. I guess everything just felt dark and bit gloomy there. The staff was also alright, not mean but not the most welcoming either and Wi-Fi was not free, so you have to be willing to pay for that as well adaptors if you want to use them. I felt this hotel was a distance from anything but it makes for a quick exit onto the highway.
This hotel is a main one for bus tours it seems since the day the place was overwhelmingly packed with Chinese and English speaking tour buses....... not fun but hey, what can you do about that.
Breakfast served there was a decent one though.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family

Dear Karla, We would like to thank you for taking the time to send us your review concerning your recent stay at the Ramada Brussels Woluwe.
We are pleased to hear your found our rooms and bathrooms to your liking but are sorry to hear our hotel didn't quite meet you and your family's expectations in all aspects. Customer satisfaction is very important for us so I am grateful for your comments concerning the service you received and will be briefing our team on this subject. We are conveniently located between Brussels' city centre and Zaventem airport and we are well served by public transportation with bus lines 21 and 79 nearby, allowing good connection to the city centre and vice versa. We are pleased that you enjoyed our varied breakfast offer.
The whole team look forward to welcoming you back on another occasion.
With my best wishes