“Good hotel”

Eurostars Montgomery
Netherlands
“Good hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2013

I am not a big fan of smaller hotels when i am on a business trip. I prefer to have the well know chains so I know what I get. But the client booked me here. I must say that I was positively surprised. It started with the lady from Chile at the reception; she provided the perfect "welcome home" feeling. We were with 4 and they managed to give us our own floor on the back side of the hotel. This shows the level of hospitality ! The hotel consists of 2 connected buildings. A larger one in front and a small one in the back. the building in the back has only 4 rooms per floor. The room was large, including a sofa, in a very traditional style. Bathroom was nice. Bed slept ok, pillow could have been a bit more firm, but thats a personal preference. The hotel is old and needs some maintenance, in the hallway an electric socket was out and my carpet looked filthy. Breakfast was simple, but complete. Wifi was free.

Conclusion: Great staff and a better experience then i expected. Not a bad place, with great personal service

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank flyingdutchmannl

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
Carmel,GWYNEDD.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013

Having just re-read the previous two reviews I am confused as to whether we stayed at the
same establishment. OK we are middle-aged and Welsh speaking although we can converse
in English when the need arises ?.
Have just returned from a four day stay at this hotel and I have to say that we enjoyed
our stay immensely. The location is great about 20 to 30 min brisk walking from the
centre of town through the European quarter and very close to the metro should you prefer
to travel underground !!!
The staff were very friendly and willing to help at all times including the waiters. I noted that
there was a very confident mature waiter who appeared more attentive to our European co-
residents. He may have been the individual referred to by Niamh S. When we booked in
I requested a quiet room and was allocated 706. It was at the rear of the building and we
were not disappointed we slept undisturbed every night. The room was large and very
comfortable with plenty of hot water at all times. There were plenty of toiletries and bathrobes/
slippers. The room was very clean although the state of the décor/ furniture could have been
better. The telly worked and I watched the 10pm news on BBC 1 every night what else would
you want from a telly !!!!
We thought the buffet/brekie was not bad at all with a good choice and excellent fresh bread.
On the first two days there was a lovely apple flan on offer but I must have eaten to much
of it as it was missing thereafter. In conclusion I would agree that this not a five star
hotel but it is a small friendly place where this is reflected in the general ambience.
We thought that it represented value for money in relation to the deal we secured on the
internet and we received all the extras welcome drink/chocolates bathrobes and slippers!.
We also found time to use the gym and the sauna great. I would have no hesitation in
returning. The rate for a double room with brexie on Saturday night had you walked in
off the street was 109 euro . The Marriot in town above Mc Donalds same night was
169 euros I checked and I know which one I would prefer.

Room Tip: Although very clean the décor and furniture show signs of wear and are a little tired.Rooms at the...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CYMROCARMEL
Tullamore, Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed in this hotel for a week-end with a great discount deal that we got online. It included a 3 night stay with breakfast plus a few little extras; chocolates, beer, fresh flowers, bathrobes and slippers. It was an anniversary trip for us and this deal sounded perfect.

However, we did not receive any of these extras. Not one. Also, the room was old-fashioned with extremely poor up-keep. The wallpaper was torn and scuffed in numerous places, and there was chunks missing out of the wooden furniture. The bed didn't really have a mattress, it was more of a very thin, large pillow on top of a very old and saggy bed base. It also had two single duvets on it rather than one double duvet. The air-conditioning did nothing but blow hot air into an already hot room. Only one of the windows would open, and it opened onto a noisy and smelly street so we didn't keep it open for very long. The tv was from the 80's. It had a very small screen and approximately half of the channels did not work. Is this really a 5 star hotel?

Breakfast was a limited choice and the standard varied each morning. The pastries were stale one morning, the next morning the small amount of hot food was gone and on the third morning the yoghurts and fruit salads were gone. The waiters were unfriendly and unprofessional. We witnessed one waitress being scolded quite loudly in front of us for making a small mistake.

The staff in general were quite unfriendly. Perhaps as we were younger than their normal guests, we are mid-twenties, and perhaps because we are English-speaking and are Irish. They were cold, rude and unhelpful. Yet, we witnessed staff being extremely friendly to French and Dutch guests. It was not a case of them having little English, as they understood us perfectly and spoke to us in perfect English. It was just a case of being rude.

The only good point was the cleanliness of the room. It was spotless and was cleaned and tidied each day to perfection. Also, the Metro was only metres away so was easily accessible, even if it was a bit far from the city centre.

I would strongly advise against staying in this hotel, especially if you are English-speaking. It was not a pleasurable experience and would not recommend it to anyone. I still struggle to believe that this is a 5 star hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Niamh S

Travellers are raving about these Woluwe-St-Pierre hotels

Saudi Arabia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2013

I was on a business trip when I checked in the hotel. I have selected the hotel because it was close to my workplace. There is a metro station few meters away from it so it is very accessable. Room size is OK but it is considered small when compared to 5 star hotels in the middle east. For tourists I would recommend a hotel closer to the historical part of the city. The price was expensive but I guess all hotels in Brussels are expensive. As for the city, there isn't really much to see. Couple of days are more than enough at Brussels.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Khaleddd
Zwalm, Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2013

Wonderful quietness in the center of busy Brussels (European quarters) with nice walking and visit possibilities to the Cinquantenaire museums, such as Autoworld, Art and History (Art Nouveau). Nice small restaurants in the neighborhood. - Hotel service excellent in several languages.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2013

Not the best location for the City Centre but an absolute pleasure to stay at.
Service was great, room was lovely, felt really welcomed and the price was good too.
I would thoroughly recommend and would definately use again. There is a metro station almost right outside so has good access back into the town centre.

Room Tip: It is a quiet location so all rooms would seem to be a good option.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Ashbourne, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2013 via mobile

Booked this hotel using Hotwire.

The staff are very good, but the hotel is so dated. The in room a/c only produced lots of heat. The tv is from the dark ages. There was no hot water.

A tired and poor choice in Brussels

Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woluwe-St-Pierre
Sofitel Brussels Europe
Steigenberger Wiltcher's
Steigenberger Wiltcher's
#21 of 199 in Brussels
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,344 reviews

Been to Eurostars Montgomery? Share your experiences!