“Second and third visits were even better than the first”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Saint-Gilles
Suite Home Stephanie
Ranked #15 of 22 Hotels in Saint-Gilles
Manhattan, Kansas
“Second and third visits were even better than the first”
Reviewed 9 July 2013

I actually joined Tripadvisor in order to review SHS back in February

Let me reiterate: the reason I'm even on this site is that I was so impressed with this hotel that I had to let other people know.

Since then, my family and I have stayed two more times, and I've found even more things to recommend about this place.

It's just a five-minute (or less, if you don't have small children, like I do) walk to stops for the 92, 94, and 97 trams. The 92 and 97 take you to Wolvendael, which is a huge park and has a great playground. The 97 takes you to Forest Centre, which also has a great playground. The 97 also takes you to a Carrefour market, so if you don't like the small grocery stores nearby or the Delhaize two tram stops away, here's another sizable grocery store nearby.

The convenience of SHS is off the charts: the trams are convenient and timely and take you to the metro (the Louisa stop is one stop away, and you can get the metro there to or from the airport very easily) or key bus stops, the neighborhood is safe and friendly, there are two pharmacies within five minutes on foot (one is only two doors away), two Carrefour express markets within five minutes on foot (one of them has a semi-post office, which is the only thing like a post office I ever found in Brussels), and then that big Delhaize I mentioned just two tram stops away.

And as other people have said, the service here is outstanding--don't be alarmed by the lack of a conventional welcome desk! The cleaning/maintenance guy doesn't speak English but is incredibly friendly and helpful, and Laurent is multilingual and extremely sensitive to the needs of the people who stay here.

I'm so pleased to see that SHS has won a Tripadvisor award for being the best low-cost hotel in the area. It absolutely deserves the award, and frankly, I'm not sure how the other hotels nearby can stay in business.

We're already looking forward to our fourth stay. Don't hesitate to book your first.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank JSSKansas

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 21 June 2013

I made a booking for my wife and I to stay here for our one-year wedding anniversary. The booking was for two nights but due to a system glitch, when we arrived to get our key, it wasn't there. I'll be honest; we were initially quite upset. We were really tired from having traveled so far, carrying a lot of luggage, and not having a reception desk or anyone to speak to. I called the hotel number and left a message. 5 minutes later, I got a call from Laurent who was extremely apologetic and explained why this had happened. He ended up giving us a bigger room which was bright, spacious, cleverly-designed and fully-equipped for the same price as the room we had originally booked as well as comping one of our nights. The very next day, to our surprise, he left us a note and a box of Godiva chocolates. I have rarely encountered such exemplary and honorable service such that he completely turned our opinions of the establishment around. The amazing facilities were trumped only by the outstanding service of the people running them and we would not hesitate to stay there again. We loved Belgium and will definitely be back to Suite Home Stephanie.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank djdavejoseph
Reviewed 16 June 2013

What a place!!! We stayed on the 6th floor with amazing views of the city. Self contained modern apartment. Walking distance from the subway shops etc. cannot fault it!!! If you are in Brussels this is the place to stay!!

Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Marty K
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 10 June 2013

Suite Home Stephanie was awesome!

Had initially booked for a suite but was instead given a mansionette (Unit No. 10) by Laurent over the weekend. The mansionette consists of two bedrooms (one master), two showers, one bath, and two toilets. All that for just my boyfriend and I! The room was spacious and everything was really clean and nice. Hotel was also located near Avenue Louise which is good for shopping. The place was so nice we contemplated staying in instead of heading out to explore!

However, it is quite a bit of a walk if you're coming from Midi Station (around 25 mins). It will also take about 20 mins to get to Grand Place, and 35 mins to get to Saint Catherine (if you're craving some seafood).

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank boogiesbottom
Aachen, Germany
Reviewed 10 June 2013

For the second time I spent a weekend in Brussels, this is a really great location. The apartment is very modern furnitured, has everything you need for a stay. There is a supermarket, bakery and lots of shops, restaurants and bars in this area, the city centre is 15 min walking distance. The service is very good, booking and any extra wishes are managed in a fast way via email. I can recommend this apartment house for all business and private Brussels travels.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Toronto, Ontario, カナダ
Reviewed 12 May 2013

I just came back from Brussels where my friends and I spent 2 nights. We stayed at Suite Home Stephanie and were extremely satisfied. The apartment was far beyond our expectations. It was very spacious, very clean and modern. Everything we needed was there. It was also walking distance from downtown (about 20 minutes from Gare Central). I would recommend it to anyone. Great value for the price too!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 April 2013

Suite Home Stephanie is a great place to stay. This is more an apartment hotel than a straightforward hotel, so there's no reception or restaurant. But if, like us, you're happy to do your own thing, it's superb.

We were on the top floor (the lift goes to the 5th floor and you have to walk up some stairs to the top. And our room had a large balcony (big enough for a table and four chairs) that was a real sun trap. The room was beautifully furnished, clean and well equipped for cooking, as well as having a large screen TV.

It's close to the centre of Brussels, but also based in St Gilles which is THE area of Brussels to visit if you're interested in Art Nouveau architecture. As far as getting to all the sights was concerned, it was perfectly placed. There's a tram stop on Place Stephanie, two minutes' walk from the hotel, which gets you to the city centre in about ten minutes. Louisa Metro station is around five minutes' walk away if you want to get further afield. We were even able to walk to the Grand Place in the centre of Brussels in under half an hour.

For Art Nouveau buffs, the Victor Horta museum - a must-see - was a ten minute walk away.

All in all, an excellent hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint-Gilles
Steigenberger Wiltcher's
NH Brussels City Centre
NH Brussels City Centre
#96 of 199 in Brussels
Hilton Garden Inn Brussels Louise

Been to Suite Home Stephanie? Share your experiences!