“Lots of privacy”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Saint-Gilles
Suite Home Stephanie
Ranked #15 of 22 Hotels in Saint-Gilles
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Fairly priced suites and apartments, excellent for those who are looking for the comfort of their own homes while away from home. A well-equipped kitchenette for those who prefer to make their own meals, and a seating area compement the bed and bathroom. The place is spotlessly clean and the bathroom is gleaming - the first thing I usually look at in hotel rooms. The building is easily accessible with public transport, and Laurent and the staff are extremely helpful.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back are quieter, bathroom in the top floor suite is a bit clumsy.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 16 November 2013

We spent long weekend in Suite Home Stephanie and the room was very cozy and clean. The location of the hotel was excellent, tram and metro stations were very near and you could also reach many places by walking.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hessu51
Reviewed 10 November 2013

beautiful apartment for a standout price, laurent was extremely helpful and answered every single one of our questions and recommended places to shop, eat, etc. restaurants around are great - some of the best in brussels is here! perfect location, it's an enjoyable walk to anywhere, i would not hesitate to book here again. apartment is lovely and clean. a dream.

1  Thank Clara_T21
Reviewed 23 October 2013

I spent 7 days in Suite Home during a work trip to Brussels. I would give it a 5, except the last two days were spent in one of the noisier front rooms, which was not as good as the quieter back room that I had. As previous reviewers said, the front rooms should really have double paned glass - it was so noisy I almost felt like I was outside. The quieter back room was not nearly as loud at all; if you have sleeping issues you must have a back room. Also the wifi in both rooms was pretty poor and there was not option to connect to LAN, this should be improved, especially for long term stayers like myself who need wifi to work. Besides the two hangups mentioned here, the rest of the experience was good and I took advantage of Suite Home's positives:

*Laundry room on site with free washing and detergent
*Small workout room with a treadmill, elliptical and space for weights
*Fair sized kitchen - I didn't cook, but great for storing bananas and yogurt for easy breakfast, also a hot water pot for tea and a coffee pod machine
*Good location right near trams and Louise metro station
*Assistance of Laurent who held my luggage in a secure location and booked two early morning punctual taxi rides for me
*Good restaurants near by (include La Folle du Souer right under the hotel).
*Room were a little stylish and comfortable, daily housekeeping during weekdays was greatly appreciated.

Room Tip: Back room - my quieter one was the 3 line? But be sure to ask when you make the reservation.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Fuzzynblue
Reviewed 4 October 2013

We came to Brussels after visiting Nieuwport, Oostend, Brugge, Antwerp, Gent. We had stayed in various accomodation from trendy B&B to 5-star hotels. Suite Home Stephanie proved to be the best value for our money.

Considering we were in Brussels, considering the tram and underground connections, supermarkets and restaurants around, generous size of apartments and facilities -- we were quite pleased about the cost of our stay. There were some niggling things e.g. Water pressure, weak WIFI... But Laurent was prompt in sorting out the issues.

Not having shampoo or soap is OK for medium- to long-term visitors. But for people on short stays, unlikely to buy bottles of toiletries from the supermarket, it would be good to have a supply of basic toiletries.

Room Tip: The rooms in front are big and well-designed but without double-glazed windows. So you hear sirens...
2  Thank springmoon
Reviewed 28 September 2013

We stayed at Suite Home Stephanie for 4 nights in September 2013. It was a great place and I highly recommend it. We stayed in the Suite & More apartment, which was very large. We had daily cleaning of the apartment, which was also a nice perk for a non-hotel. Laurent was very responsive and was very easy to deal with. There are some nice breakfast and food places nearby, so there is no issue with stocking the fridge. There is also a parking lot across the street with EUR15/day rate, as well as a small gym and laundry in the basement. I also liked the location in Brussels. About 15-20 minute walk to the main square, but the neighborhood was very nice, safe and upmarket. We had a baby with us and Laurent provided a pack and play crib, sheets, and changing table, as well as a cot for our older child. There was plenty of room for all of this. For anyone staying here, I would recommend bringing your own soap and shampoo. Everything else was provided.

Reviewed 12 September 2013

I rented the "Suite Dream". It's between a 1 bedroom and a studio apartment. Really nice. Very stylish. Living Room area, Kitchen, Small Kitchenette table, TV, Bedroom area, Bathroom, Separate Toilet room. It's in a great location. Just one block in either direction from the 92 tram and only 2 blocks from the metro. It's just a few doors from a convenience store and there are 2 Carre Four Express stores, each a block in either direction. It's got free laundry downstairs, a luggage room (if you're checking out late) and a gym room.

But, unfortunately I had several other issues though which means I won't be going back. #1 is IT'S FRIGGEN LOUD!!!! I was on the 4th floor (of 6) with the windows facing the main road. The windows aren't double pane or if they are they need to be quadruple pane. There was all kinds of crazy noise until late late hours. Cars, motorcycles, people shouting, talking, playing music. It also seems there must be a hospital or police station near by because there were tons of sirens. Sometimes several an hour. Fortunately I bought earplugs or I wouldn't have gotten any sleep but they were uncomfortable to sleep with.

Next up was internet. They advertise free wireless internet but it barely worked in my unit. Basically it only worked within 2 feet of the coffee table. No using it in the bedroom to lookup the next day's activities. No using it on the kitchenette table. If I moved any device more than 2 feet away from the coffee table I lost the connection. Even when it did work it was often very slow. Internet is a must have now-a-days. It is unacceptable to have bad internet.

Another minor couple if nits. There was no soap/shampoo. I get that it's an apartment but it would be nice to show up and be able to take a shower without having to first go shopping for soap. Similarly while there is a dish washing machine and 2 blocks of soap (so if you want to wash more you need to go buy soap). There was no dishwashing soap for hand cleaning nor any kind of brush or sponge so ... use a cup and you 3 options (1) put it in the dishwasher (2) try to just rinse it ... that's not always enough for some reason. (3) find a store that carries soap and sponges. It really seems like they should supply a sponge, some dish soap, and at least 1 small set of hand soap/shampoo.

Lastly though minor, there's a vending machine on the ground floor. It ripped me off 3 times. I guess my bad for giving it 3 chances but 3 times it failed to dispense the item I purchased. Those times I was forgiving and bought a 2nd of the same item hoping I'd get the one "stuck" plus the next one. Never worked. Sometimes I got the "stuck" one but not the 2nd one. Other times the 2nd one did not unstick the 1st nor fall itself. Since the place is unmanned there's no one to complain to get reimbursed so I let it slide

Honestly I'd like to give the place a 5. The biggest issues are the sound and the internet. Units not in the front probably don't have the sound issue and I'm sure some units probably don't have the internet issue. That said, I personally wouldn't be willing to risk it again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank greggman
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint-Gilles
Jam Hotel Brussels
#6 of 22 in Saint-Gilles
NH Brussels Stephanie
NH Brussels Stephanie
#2 of 22 in Saint-Gilles

Been to Suite Home Stephanie? Share your experiences!