“Nice Hotel”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Ontario
“Nice Hotel”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We stayed at the Park Inn for one night on two different occasions. The reason I chose this hotel was for location to the train station only. We had had an early train to London one morning and than we were getting the train to the airport at the end of our trip. Train to airport form much easier as you do not have to change trains, direct to airport. About 20 min ride at 8.50 euro each.

This hotel is located across the street from Brussels Midi station. The only problem I had after arriving at the station was trying to find out which exit to leave to get the hotel. There are some hotel names posted on signs in the train station but not this one. In the end we found the hotel.

Staff are friendly, don't really go out of their way for you, but that is okay. On our first night stay we had a large room with large bathroom with tub and bath. On our return stay we had a smaller room and bathroom with only a shower.
The rooms have great décor, modern and trendy. Beds comfortable, kettle with tea and coffee available; hairdryer and TV with many channels some in English although choice of English program is very poor; Mostly news.

There is a restaurant in the hotel; can not comment on it.
The area lacks anything to do, no restaurants. we chose to go down to the Grand Place which took about 10 mins by Metro. (also across the street).

I tried to use the fitness centre on my first say, when I called the front deck to find out how to get tot it I was told it was closed as they had removed all the equipment for a conference. I found this to be very strange.

I would recommend this hotel and would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Toronto
Reviewed 4 June 2014

This hotel is near the Brussels Midi train station, which makes it a great option if you are arriving late or leaving early by train. I chose this location because I arrived in Brussels by train and then had an early morning flight the next day. The train to the airport also leaves directly from this station, making it a great option if you don't want to change trains with heavy luggage.

About the hotel: fantastic room, super comfortable bed, no noise from the hallway or the street (the hotel itself is set back from the street, so I can't imagine there ever been much noise), and a small but great gym/fitness room. I didn't eat in the restaurant so I can't comment on that, but hotel staff were friendly. I arrived fairly early before check-in (close to 10am!) and my room was ready. That was fantastic! Check out was a bit slower than I would have liked, but only because the person at the reception insisted that I try using the self-check out. It's a weird option to have when there are no other guests waiting and there is someone at the reception desk...

My only truly negative experience was showering in the morning - the drain was either clogged or I didn't open it (although it was a shower, not a bath tub, so I didn't even think to check). I wasn't paying attention and when I finished I noticed there was soapy water all over the bathroom floor.

The area itself is not wonderful (near the train station, nothing to see or do) and as a single female traveler I didn't feel super safe walking around. That being said, it's an easy metro or tram ride to the centre of the city.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Atlanta, United States
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I travel a lot and have picked some loser hotels - but this was a winner. Very convenient location right across the street from a major train station (Brussels Midi). Easy to get to from the airport. The staff was friendly and helpful. I was allowed to check-in early. The rooms were modern, clean, and comfortable. Not too much street noise. And, an awesome breakfast buffet (which was included with my room). A great value. I would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels

1 Thank Julie R
Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We stayed the night before an early Eurostar train to London. The hotel was modern, the room spacious and clean. Best of al, it was right across the street from the train station. We were tired from travel and decided to eat in the bar. The food was quite over-priced, but well prepared and tasty. The waiter was quite brusque, on the edge of being rude (no tip). Quite a good hotel at a good price. We would stay at this property again.

Room Tip: Higher floor to avoid traffic noise, although the hotel was well sound-proofed.
Twickenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I asked my travel agent to book me in to a hotel that had easy access to Brussels Midi Railway Station, as I was arriving in from Luxembourg & was going to London the next day, by Eurostar.

The hotel was in a great location, being only a minute's walk from the station. It has its own courtyard which gives a little bit of seclusion away from the hustle & bustle of the city. My travel agent had provided me with a good hotel in this respect.

The day before my arrival, I had received an email from the hotel encouraging me to check-in online (something the Park Inn chain seems to be trialling, I believe). I did & everything was set for me to collect my key when I got there.

I arrived at the hotel at about 1145, somewhat earlier than I had originally planned (due to me catching an earlier train from Luxembourg) & did not expect to be able to check in to me room (I planned to leave my luggage & go off & explore the city). Therefore, I was delighted to be given a key to my room, located on the sixth floor. Check-in was fast (I had provided all the details needed, on line) & I was in my room a few moments later.

My room, 610, was large, comfortable & very pleasant indeed. Free wifi was a great bonus, & I used it whilst at the hotel. The bathroom had a walk-in shower (perfect for my needs), had plug sockets in all the right places for you to work & was spotlessly clean. I had no view as such, except to look on to other parts of the hotel, but that was not an issue as I wasn't there to sit gazing out of my window.

Tea & coffee making facilities & a complimentary bottle of water were provided & were adequate for my short stay.

Staff were perfunctory, but unlike those at the Park Inn Luxembourg (see separate review), I did not feel welcome, nor made to feel that my business was wanted, which was a pity, given that the hotel, in it's own right, was really rather good.

I'm lucky enough to speak French a little more than average & I can get by in basic Dutch. Therefore, although I was able to be "tri-lingual" it didn't make any difference as whoever I dealt with, I got no more warmth than a cup of cold coffee.

I decided to eat in the hotel that evening, & was offered a somewhat basic "weekend menu". Aside from a table of four ladies, there was myself & then another gentleman came in, followed by a couple a little while later. The waiter was pleasant enough, but he was alone the whole time.

We did get a visit from the chef to see if our meal's were in order, which was a pleasant touch. My meal was good enough & I had no complaints.

There was a bar, but this appeared to be closed at weekends, so it was not somwhere I ventured. So, after dinner I returned to my room to do some work. My bed was extremely comfortable & I slept soundly.

The buffet breakfast the next day was good & replenished by the chefs. However, at no time did I see a member of staff on duty, so I went & sat at a table & basically helped myself to the buffet. No one came to see if my meal was ok, nor if I'd actually paid (it was included in my room rate). Several people came & stood at the entrance & it was only when I becknoned them to come in, did they & they too helped themselves to food.

I have no complaints with the hotel & would return there again if I wanted somewhere with easy access to the Brussels Midi Railway Station. But, if service is important, please be prepared for a shock, as it really doesn't exist there.

For the hotel, it has nine out of ten, but for service, I think a one is being more than generous.

Room Tip: As there is a courtyard between the hotel & the railway station, most, if not all, rooms will gi...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank wottraveller
England
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Just over the road from Midi train station (Eurostar), plus on Metro for easy access to centre of city, but no noise, set back from road. Staff couldn't be more helpful, rooms clean and good sized. Breakfast is buffet style with plenty to choose from, and open from early 7am - 10am (I think?). Would use again if in Brussels

Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels

Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Across from rail and metro lines at Midi Station. Very clean, large rooms, nice beds, restaurant, bar, fitness, wifi all on property. Area is actually nicer than some station areas in urban areas. We did NOT feel threatened by being in this neighborhood and we were out at all times of the day and night. Less pricey option for a Brussels stay than the properties in the downtown area. Easy access from airport as well.

Room Tip: Rooms were inside courtyard of business center and very quiet. twin beds were together so you actua...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint-Gilles
Pantone Hotel
Pantone Hotel
#5 of 22 in Saint-Gilles
Pullman Brussels Centre Midi Hotel
MEININGER Hotel Brussels City Center
MEININGER Hotel Brussels City Ce...
#1 of 2 in Saint-Jans-Molenbeek
Ibis Brussels off Grand Place
Made in Louise
Made in Louise
#1 of 16 in Ixelles

Been to Park Inn by Radisson Brussels Midi? Share your experiences!