“Good location and clean room”

Park Inn by Radisson Brussels Midi
Ranked #3 of 22 Hotels in Saint-Gilles
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Tokyo, Japan
“Good location and clean room”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

It is nicely located just next to the Brussels MIDI Station, and 20 minute walk to the city center (Grand Place). Room is big and clean, but not equipped with refregirator and wardrobe. Staff are friendly and helpful. If I have another chance to visit Brussels, I will stay this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Vientiane, Laos
Reviewed 14 August 2014

I was on business in Brussels and had to travel to Paris, Lyon and the south of Belgium, over the course of 3 days, all of them one day trips, which made that hotel a perfect choice for the location about 100 meters from where I could get on the train.

The room was neat, clean and the bathroom was very spacious.

I would not stay there as a tourist because the neighbourhood is merely OK, but if you have to take the train to get somewhere, it's a perfect place to spend the night.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 14 August 2014

It is right opposite the midi station, which is very convenient when we have 2 big suitcase. Room was very dusty. Bath room was clean. We only stayed for one night. We checked in very late and check-out early, the man who checked us out appeared to be a supervisor or a manager. We had a couple of questions about the transport, he answered us very impatient and did not care if we understood it or not at all. There was no one else waiting behind us to be served, it's beyond me why he tried to rush and just to tick us off. Maybe that's what we paid for.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
England
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I stayed here in June.I Prepaid in April upon arrival they insisted I had not paid even though I phoned home in front of them for proof but was told you must pay or no stay.They eventually refunded my second payment but at vastly inflated exchange rate so I lost £10.60.They have so far not answered any E-Mails as to why.Reading there reviews this is not the first time this has happened.The hotel is very nice and comfortable restaurant very good apart from reception who were very rude and embarrassing in front of other guests.Close to Railway station.It is by coach tours so breakfast can be very busy.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Mr_ParkBXL, Front Office Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Brussels Midi, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Dear Jimmymacc

First of all thank you for having chosen Park inn by Radisson Brussels midi for your stay in Brussels.
Allow me to apologize for the situation occured with your reservation and the payment of your stay.

In order to investigate this further would you mind to contact me directly via my email adress remy.fixon@rezidorparkinn.com. and provide me the name of the reservation and the date of your stay, it will help me to find the reason and to give you a proper answer.

I am looking forward to your email.

Kind Regards

Remy Fixon
Front office manager
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We stayed here in July. 2 adults and 5 year old - a family vacation for 7 days. I had prepaid the hotel room in full in advance, but we got trapped with a huge unreasonable extra charge for a small rollaway bed for our 5 year old. I don't mind a reasonable extra charge for the rollaway bed, but what the hotel charged us was very huge unreasonable rate. I spoke with the manager and asked him to make the extra cost reasonable. I told him that what the hotel is charging for the extra rollaway for 7 days was equivalent to buying 2 of these tiny beds. The manager was unwilling to reduce the price to a reasonable amount as he knew we were trapped with our non refundable prepayment that we had already made. I learned my lesson - next time I will negotiate this extra charge rate in advance. Some other issues: neighbourhood behind the hotel looks not so safe especially at night. The hotel is located across from the train station and a busy road - noisy. Make sure you get a room facing the courtyard and not the street - it is much quieter. The bathroom did not smell good in our room. Parking was difficult at the hotel - you have to put your car on a car elevator and bring to a parking garage below the hotel - entering codes in the elevator computer, letting front staff know when taking car in or out, re-entering computer code, sometimes codes did not work, a real headache parking. Some pros about the hotel - it is located across the street from the train station and metro, so transportation is convenient. Walking distance to some nice city attractions, even with a 5 year old.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room facing the courtyard and not the busy road. It will be much quieter
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed 6 August 2014

The hotel was fine - nothing to complain about, even toilet and shower were separated, and the room was very large. Breakfast was not included, but free wi-fi. We had to walk around to find a place to eat, but the city is not big, so it is not a problem

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
vienna
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed here with my wife from Aug. 1 o 4, 1014. The hotel staff are very friendly and will give you all the information regarding the sights to see. Illyse, that lady from Malta, working at the reception gave us all the information we need regarding Brussels. Breakfast is the same everyday but you have a lot of choices. Good location, the train from the airport is only 20 minutes away and you just have to cross the street to reach the hotel. Good connections also if you have will have to go to other european or other belgian cities. the city center is just about 15 to 20 minutes walk. We were given a business room at the rooftop where we had a good view of the city. will definitely stay again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint-Gilles
Ibis Brussels Centre Gare Midi
#6 of 22 in Saint-Gilles
Made in Louise
Made in Louise
#1 of 15 in Ixelles

Been to Park Inn by Radisson Brussels Midi? Share your experiences!