Stayed last weekend for 1 night, including breakfast.
We are in Brussels every 3-4 weeks and we have tried at least 10-12 different 4-5* hotels over the years in this city. For the price we paid we both thought it was good value.
It was exactly what we expected (actually a bit better) and we would return if the price was right.
It wasn't all perfect but we really enjoyed our stay.
- Staff : very friendly, we have stayed at a few different NH hotels and like in most of them, also here they have many Spanish staff members. We felt very welcome and they all acted professional (and customer orientated, even after a little misunderstanding about the checkout bill).
- Room : Clean, contemporary and with comfortable twin beds (even though I requested a king bed). Old t.v. (but who cares?) with even 5 Flemish channels (very rare in Brussels, I can tell you!). Some wear and tear but nothing too bad. NO double glazed windows (some condense problems) but at least they could be opened (also not that obvious these days). Some mold around the windows (a good clean is needed). Nice to arrive in a room that was not over-heated for a change (very important to us!). Small but very clean bathroom and with nice quality towels and the typical NH products (that smell rather nice).
- Hotel overall : Not the nicest entrance (dark and hidden away) but very clean and well looked after once inside. Nice breakfast area with daylight which is nice. One remark: the air perfume in the corridors is HORRIBLE and it almost made me vomit (but the smell didn't enter our room).
- Breakfast : Very good, not the largest choice on the warm side but good enough. Very nice bacon (better that the Radisson Blu bacon!). Mushrooms were not nice (slimy, I think they were dried mushrooms). Nice juices, nice pastries, large choices of cheeses and cold cuts and nice coffee (a machine but with freshly ground beans). Nicely sliced fresh fruits and decent choice of cereals.
- Free wifi and it worked quiet well. Most NH hotels offer breakfast on Sundays till noon, which is nice and they also offer a complimentary late check out on Sundays (also think is a nice touch).
When we return to Brussels in a few weeks time we will consider staying again (depending on the offers of our other favorites). If you are in doubt about staying at the NH Stephanie or an the nearby Mercure Louise (where we stayed 3 weeks ago) I would recommend to choose the NH (while both hotels are often similarly priced, there is really NO comparison between these 2 hotels, both in breakfast and customer service)!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- NH Brussels Stephanie is located in the center of Brussels, just around the corner from the internationally renowned shops on Avenue Louise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Nozio Netplan srl, Booking.com, NHHotels, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your NH Brussels Stephanie reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nh Stephanie Hotel Saint-Gilles
- Nh Stephanie Hotel Brussels
- NH Brussels Stephanie Belgium