Stayed 3 nights from 25th - 28th May, 2012. Booked through Olotels and got a deal at 156 euros including breakfasts. Flew from Edinburgh to Brussels. Stepped off plane,and went down one level at airport to railway station. Ticket to Gare du midi was 8.60 euro. Fifteen minute journey. Hotel is within 100 yards of the railway station.
Presented voucher from Olotels to Juan on the reception desk and was in our room within 5 minutes. Had requested a smoking room, so was allocated the fourth floor, room 427. Two lifts close to reception desk with an excellent security system. You have to use your room key to access the lift when going up. Not required on down journeys.
Room was very modern. Double and single bed in room, hardwood floor, very spacious room.
Flat screen t.v. with 37 channels including BBC 1 and 2. Room was at the back of the hotel, so very quiet. Bathroom was very good. Only drawback is that all rooms only have a walk in shower, so if you like a bath this hotel is not for you.
Breakfast served in a very spacious room. Hot and cold food available with a tremendous choice of foods. There are even advisory notices around the hotel advising the best times to go for breakfats to avoid the busy times.
The centre of Brussels is only three stops away, less then five minutes, on the metro which is directly opposite the hotel. Good advice is to purchase the 48 hour pass which allows travel on the metro, trams and buses and access to all Brussels is yours.
On Sunday there is a massive street market about 100 yards from the hotel. Obviously popular with the locals as it was very busy. Great bargains to be had not only in shoes clothing etc but local produce as well.
There is a supermarket within 50 yards of the hotel. so if you have forgotten anything or wish to buy snacks and drinks, perfect.
First time I have stayed at an Ibis hotel and will most certainly be a return customer. Already in process of booking a trip to germany.
Must highlight the reception staff, especially Juan. very efficient, speak excellent english, very friendly and helpful. Makes a big difference getting the right advice on where to go and what to see.
Tremendous value for money, great location away from the centre of russels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The newly renovated ibis Brussels Centre Gare Midi hotel is located just a few steps from the south entry to the railway station, from which international trains such as the Thalys and Eurostar depart. The famous Grand Place and Notre Dame Du Sablon church are 2 km from the hotel. Book one of our 225 spacious air conditioned rooms and benefit from our amenities, a restaurant, a bar with snacks available 24hrs, pay parking and a meeting room for conferences. Business guests will appreciate use of WiFi Internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Accorhotels.com, Superbreak UK, Agoda, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Ibis Brussels Centre Gare Midi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Brussels Centre Gare Midi Hotel Saint-Gilles
- Accor Brussels Centre Gare Midi
- Ibis Brussels Centre Gare Midi Belgium