“well worth the price”

Ibis Brussels Centre Gare Midi
Ranked #9 of 22 Hotels in Saint-Gilles
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Great location for traveling to Brussels, Bruges and Ghent with the station just across the road. A little expensive for breakfast, so got breaky in the train station before catching the train each day. Very clean hotel and friendly staff, the room was fairly big with very comfy beds, one of the best ibis hotels I have stayed in....

Room Tip: The triple room 202 was excellent...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank bionicboy
Kevin M, Manager at Ibis Brussels Centre Gare Midi, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking your time to submit a review on Tripadvisor after your stay with us.
We are delighted to learn that your experience has left a lasting positive impression.
My team and I look forward to having the pleasure in welcoming you back for a return visit.
Kind regards,
Sophie Deravet
Deputy Manager

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Room Tip: Double room with large bed
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Ibis Hotels
1  Thank Elisabeth S

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Location is very good for train users as it is across a street from the MAIN Brussels train station. I also felt safe (and felt all my belongings are safe) in this hotel in spite of the fact that there is in-room safe nor did I see safety deposit boxes at the reception. I found their buffet breakfast good, satisfying and sufficient. However furnishing seems spartan and "Ikea"-type making rooms a bit characterless. Much more of a drawback, there is NO fridge (not even a tiny one) to be seen anywhere! Another GREAT CONCERN on hot days (hopefully not many of those in Brussels) is that "Central Air Conditioning" does not seem to cool enough even though my room was fitted with a temperature control device (never could get the temprature I had set). I was lucky enough that during my stay temperatures were moderate. Thus my average rating for this hotel, but I must add that for what I paid (about $77/night) I feel I got a good deal for Brussels.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Madjid A
Kevin M, General Manager at Ibis Brussels Centre Gare Midi, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your extensive review about our hotel and the services in our hotel.
Safety is one of our main goals for all our guests and therefore we provide free deposit safes at the reception desk. We have also larger lockers available downstairs for a very low price. (larger items)
I will certainly transmit your feedback about our breakfast to the staff, this will help them to do even better in the future.
About the fridge in your rooom, as our hotel is part of the ibis brand we do not provide refrigerators in ours rooms. This is not part of the standard.
We try to provide an optimal temperature in our rooms and in the hotel, I am sorry that this wasn't up to your expectations and I will certainly leave a note to our technician to check if everything works fine.

I would like to thank you again and I hope to be able to serve you better in the near future.

Best regards,

Reviewed 3 June 2014

It was £39 a night for a 3 bed room. It was massive room. With lovely well done bathroom. Walk in shower. Free wifi. Central as we had to catch a very early train. Friendly staff. Although the walk to the city centre is a mile and it is not the nicest of walks in the dark. But metro link right by the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013
Kevin M, General Manager at Ibis Brussels Centre Gare Midi, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear,

Thank you for your positive review about our hotel and our staff. It is always a pleasure to read that our guests had a nice stay in our hotel.
I will certainly share this with my team!

Warm regards,

Reviewed 3 June 2014

The rooms are fairly large for an Ibis, it looked like many of the rooms on our floor slept three people. We did not try the breakfast. The room was very clean. It is an Ibis, so the amenities are minimal. Staff was friendly. They will not store your luggage for you, you have to pay for a locker downstairs. The location is very convenient, literally right across the street from the train station (which has many eating options, including a grocery store that is open on Sundays). The area does seem to be a little seedy with people just hanging around, but not too bad and so close to the train station that it feels safe.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive feedback on our hotel and the fact that you liked our spacious rooms.
It will be a pleasure to welcome you again in Brussels.
Best regards,

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

This was a pretty average hotel experience.

Understaffed reception meant check-in took an age. The room was bare and a little unwelcoming, but the bed was comfy and it was clean enough.

Breakfast was terrible - everything was either over or undercooked, some of it completely inedible.

The area is fine during daytime, but very shady at night. Nowhere to eat nearby so I had an overpriced bit of fish with rice and salad out of a bag in the hotel restaurant.

Even for the price, this is a deeply mediocre hotel in a dodgy area. I'd advise staying somewhere else.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Peter_Bristol270
Kevin M, General Manager at Ibis Brussels Centre Gare Midi, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Dear Sir,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at ibis Brussels Centre Gare Du Midi.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

This hotel is situated bang opposite Brussels Midi station, from where it is very easy to commute all the places by train, tram. You will get train for Brussels airport, which is convenient, faster and economical.It is one stop from Brussels Central station, which is very important tourist spot. Rooms are good, big and comfortable. Food is OK. There are several option for food close to this hotel.

Room Tip: Try to have a room located towards Midi station. Although it will be little noisy but you can have g...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Kevin M, Manager at Ibis Brussels Centre Gare Midi, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear guest,
Thanks for your review. I’m glad you had a good stay with us. See you on your next trip. Kind regards,
Sophie Deravet
Deputy Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint-Gilles
Ibis Brussels off Grand Place
Pantone Hotel
Pantone Hotel
#6 of 22 in Saint-Gilles
Ibis Brussels Centre Sainte Catherine
Park Inn by Radisson Brussels Midi
NH Collection Brussels Centre
Adagio Brussels Grand Place

Been to Ibis Brussels Centre Gare Midi? Share your experiences!