2,291 results
All reviews train station across the road hotel is located single bed main station charleroi airport budget hotel convenient location the grand place nice bar minute walk large room public transport comfortable hotel comfortable stay short stay on foot
Reviewed 7 April 2018 via mobile

We stayed here at the last minute having missed our train connection in Brussels. The location is just outside the station. The experience however was grim. The room was inexplicably sweltering (we were told it was due to the weather which had reached 19 degrees that day) and there was no air conditioning or any way to cool our room and that an engineer would try to fix it tomorrow. As a result, we were not able to sleep at all. The walls of the room were stained and grubby, but the worst issue was the state of the bed and pillows. The cheap foamy topper was so ill-fitting that it curled up at the edges, making it feel like we were trying to sleep in a giant wok. It didn’t sit anywhere near the headboard so the cheap pillows (which were next to useless as they just crumpled like a bag of crisps) would get stuck in the gap between the two. We ordered proper pillows and were brought one each, but they were so ineffectual (no support; they were shapeless) and needed to be screwed in a ball with an arm underneath in order to support a head. I ended up trying to sleep on a pile of clothes and folded towels, but with the oppressive heat it felt hellish. The bedsheets and duvet cover appeared to be a different size and shape to the bed topper and quilt, so we ended up in a soaking tangled mess instead of being able to rest. I wish I’d either slept on the floor of the train station or spent more money on a room with a reasonable bed and temperature control.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I would rate it as a good 3 star hotel. Rooms are large, clean and warm (in fact a little too warm for my wife). Reception worked well and the staff are competent and nice. Those we dealt with spoke English.
The passageways to the more distant rooms might seem like a rabbit warren.
I did not see any USB ports in the room for charging devices. In our room a couple of the lights didn't work but there are plenty of them.
We arrived on the Eurostar express rail from London and this hotel is just across the road.
There are no "Hotel Ratings" below because It would allow to access it on my iPad.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 April 2018

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed 3 April 2018

I can't thank Simone, one of the receptionist at Ibis enough.
She helped me the moment I stepped into the hotel and given my circumstances when I had no money she printed off directions to the nearest bank and even took me to the nearest western union out of her own time and accord. This showed that she genuinely cares about the hotel customers as others would have not been so keen to offer help.

The location is great, right opposite the entrance to the train station, metro and tram. Although bare in mind with most train station, there are a few homeless people around for shelter. There's direct buses, trams to the centre it would take less than 5 mins on a train and would probably be equivalent of a 20min walk to get to the heart of Brussels. (and would be the only reason why I would mark the hotel down)

However the location is greatly lit, so although I travelled alone, I felt safe here even at night.
No one can access the lift to the rooms unless given an ibis card.
Rooms are spacious and clean.
Bedding and pillows were super comfy I fell asleep with ease.
I had a room on the 4th floor facing the train station, occasionally I would be able to near the trams or trains coming and going but not loud enough to disrupt my sleep.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 3 April 2018

Great location. Just few meters away from Gare Du Midi/Zuidstation, Metro & Tram (Line 2,3,4,5) and the famous Sunday Zuidmarket/Marche du Midi. The lobby and the entrance is always crowded, sometimes with beggars, makes you very uncomfortable. There's also steady stream of police vehicles with sirens at the streets at all hours which can make you disturbed during night/sleep. Other than that, this is a decent hotel with spacious room. Fast check-in/check-out process. Mildly recommended

Date of stay: March 2018