“Loved the atmosphere”

Cuisines: Belgian, Fast food
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 15 December 2013

The atmosphere in this place was really really nice. Located in a very good setting this place has a so chic and charming decor. their cappuccino was amazing ( they make it with creme fraiche ).
I had also dinner there once. The food was nice but did not meet my expectations.
For me, mama louise is the best cafe in brussels.

Reviewed 28 August 2013 via mobile

We had an impromptu lunch at mamy louise. The place looked nice enough with stylish, minimalist decor and hunched away from the more touristic restaurant section. We chose mid-lower-priced items from the menu: tartine salmon and a ceasar salad. Both around 15 euros. Both rather plain tasting. The service is fast and friendly though, which in Brussels is not a norm. They display "Michelin Guide" window stickers for 2009-2013, but that does not seems warranted from what we observed.

2  Thank Trolljeger
Reviewed 22 July 2013

We just stopped for a coffee and this place is lovely. Other people were having lunch and it all looked lovely.

1  Thank Candice M
Reviewed 20 May 2013

The place is nice, the food is good and the staff is courteous, so that's that. The friend with whom I was having lunch is a regular patron, and I have been there several times.
But my handbag was stolen while I was having lunch with her. I found myself totally bereft of wallet, car keys and cell phone. I'm aware that the place was busy, but the management showed very little sympathy, going so far as to say that "it happens all the time". Patrons should consider themselves warned.
While I was frantically making calls to stop my bank cards and get someone to bring me the spare key to my car, my friend ordered coffee. I later saw that we had been billed for the two coffees. I thought this was really petty. I don't think I will go again.

1  Thank imforestgirl
Reviewed 5 May 2013

Ate lunch here. The decor is quite nice. I wasn't very hungry so just had a carpaccio tartine which at 13 euro was a bit pricey. We were refused a carafe of water and had to buy bottled water. Service was good but overall I wasn't too impressed.