Hotel Neufchatel
US$93
  • Restaurant
Hotel Catalonia Brussels(Saint-Gilles)(Great Value!)
US$103
US$217
US$202
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
All reviewssmall hotelfreshly ground coffeebus stopshort city tripa lovely place to staysmall streetrecommend this hotelcomfortable roomstv channelsbed and breakfastvisit brusselsfree wificroissantsminute walkquiet areaavenue louisewould definitely stay here again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 June 2013

This hotel was a treat to find. Other than ourselves all the other guests seem to be repeat business clients so it has a really relaxed and welcoming feeling. The lobby and breakfast room are are very pleasant with large windows overlooking their courtyard. The morning staff at the desk obviously likes everything to be perfect and I noticed that after the morning rush he refreshed everything, lined up all the cups for the absolutely delicious coffee machine. Our room just exactly suited our mood. We'd been staying in ancient castles in old-world styles so it was perfect to walk into a modern room with the walls painted a restful brown/grey and vivid white linens. The sheets and duvet covers are of the best quality. There is a very large window/door that can be opened fully or tipped at the top at night to let in the cool evening air. This is was needed last night because it was very hot and humid in Brussels. This morning I listened in while the air conditioning contractor was discussing implementation of their new a/c installation. Even tho' it's not needed most nights, it will be good to have. The bathroom is pristine and new. free wifi. Obviously, we liked this room a lot.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 June 2013

Cute boutique hotel with modern day style reception area & rooms. The free wifi is nice. The free breakfast is good for being free but was hoping for some hot food like eggs & meat but again for free I cannot complain. We met 3 staff members while we were there. The location is in a quiet area but because of the rainy weather we couldnt walk anywhere but had to take a cab everywhere we went so I honestly cant give a location review. A younger aged gentleman who checked us in Wednesday afternoon at about 2-3 was really friendly, nice & helpful. The younger aged girl who worked that same night was as well very friendly, nice & helpful. Now onto the older aged gentleman that checked us out the next morning. He was extremely rude. The checkout process was an ordeal because he said we owed the money for our hotel stay but we explained or tried to explain & even asked why he needed our credit card info again when it was already on file? He said NOTHING, didn't even answer our question but kept asking for our credit card. This was the same gentleman who was cleaning up your breakfast plates that didn't even say good morning, good day or make eye contact with you. The only other complaint we have is the hotel doesn't offer air condition that we could find. It wasn't that big of a problem because it was chilly at night but during the summer times I don't know what I would do. Also, try to get a hotel away from the elevator because you can hear it at night.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 May 2013

Very nice clean boutique hotel!! Excellent service!! We stayed many places on our Europe vacation adventure and this was by far one of our favorite places!! We had the top floor balcony suite and the view of the city was beautiful!! :))

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Amy C
Reviewed 30 May 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights on a business trip. On a positive front: the location is excellent - very central and near to lots of bars and restaurants. The decor is lovely - modern and smart and everything is fresh and clean. The beds were comfy with crisp white bedding and feather pillows and duvet. Staff were helpful and attentive. It is a little pricey but doesn't really have the little touches that you would usually get with a hotel charging those rates - no smart toilettries, fluffy white towels or other bits and bobs. Breakfast is OK but nothing special and the rooms were very warm. I would have probably given the hotel a 'very good' (rather than an 'average') if it wasn't for the way they offered hot drinks. On arrival I asked whether the rooms had the facilities to make hot drinks and was told that they didn't but that there is a machine in area next to reception where I could help myself. I asked if it was ok to take hot drinks from the machine up to my room and I was told it was - all great. No one mentioned the fact that drinks would be charged for and there were no signs or notices anywhere making this clear and showing charges. When I came to pay I realised that reception staff had watched each time I got a drink and totally unbeknownst to me had added 2.50 euros to my bill for each one (tea, coffee and even hot water all charged the same). I don't object to paying for drinks but I REALLY object to not knowning about it in advance and having the choice whether to buy from the hotel or elsewhere.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank nickoaj
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Neufchatel is even more then 3 stars, it has got very new modern rooms as in a 4 star hotel with a good tropical shower and nice view, also very fast and easy check-in/check-out, nice location, easy to get there, not lots of things to choose from on a breakfast, BUT we should remember, that it is just 3***, also it was very nice, when we found out, that some employees are Russians. So thank you very much!

Room Tip: Room SAX with one bed is really nice one
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends