“Lost my property and refuse to pay for it!!”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Valleyview
Edmonton, Canada
“Lost my property and refuse to pay for it!!”
Reviewed 27 January 2012

I have stayed at this hotel numerous times over the past two years. I had never had a problem with the hotel until recently. In December, two hours after checking out, I realized that I had forgot my laptop charger in the room. Immedietly I called the hotel to tell them, Krista then went to the room and found my property. I was going to leave it there until I pass through town again, but Krista offered to put it on the greyhound which I thought was very nice of her. After about a week passed, Greyhound did not have it so I called the hotel back only to be told they had it now its GONE? Krista could no longer help, besides saying "sorry I don't know what happened" so I finally got the manager on the phone "Mike". Mike first said that it was hotel policy blah blah, lost or stolen items blah blah. Then after I explained that it was clearly "lost or stolen" by his staff, he agreed to find one for me. Another two weeks passed so I called him back. His reply was: "I looked online and YOU can buy one for like twenty bucks" which is BS. Very dissapointed with this hotel, which is too bad because it is the nicest in Valleyview. I'll stay somewhere else from now on and I think as long as Krista is behind the counter and Mike is running the show, I won't be the only one.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Ryan H
ParadiseInnVV, General Manager at Paradise Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 31 January 2012
Ryan H,

We here at the Paradise Inn & Suites take your concern very seriously. As every guest that stays at our property must sign our registration card there are some terms at the bottom that everyone should read and be aware of and terms that you signed and initialed. When a guest leaves something at our hotel it is not our responsibility to replace it with a a new one. We make the most serious of efforts to get your property back to you. This particular charger that you lost was for a gateway computer I believe and you insisted that it costs over $140 which the hotel was not prepared to pay for as you had initialed our terms and agreed that you had left it in the hotel. After threatening us with legal action if we don't return your $140 dollar charger which you lost I tried to come to a compromise with you regarding off brand chargers and you still were not satisfied. We did not steal or take you charger this i can assure you. I also tried to compromise with you as far as a complimentary stay in the future that could maybe offset the cost of a new charger to which you refused.

I do take pride in the fact that you agree with us that the Paradise Inn & Suites Valleyview is the best place to stay in town and I believe that my management process has something to do with that statement. Ryan H, we look forward to having you stay at our great property once again and hopefully you give us another chance. We have returned many lost items at this hotel to many thankful guests and i apologize that this was not the case for you.

Valleyview, Alberta
1-877-552-2338

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Edmonton, AB
Reviewed 6 October 2011

While on a business trip I spent 2 nights at this unexpected gem! The room was very clean and the king bed was very comfortable. The linens were crisp and the duvet was very luxurious. There were 2 wall mounted large tv's with a small kitchenette. The bathroom had Aveda products and the towels were the thick plush kind that were very absorbant.
I found the front desk staff to be very friendly and efficient. The complimentary continental breakfast was well-done. I had not expected to find such fine accommodations in Valleyview Alberta.

Room Tip: My room was on the farm land side of the hotel and was super quiet - I slept with my window open and...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank CCI8668
ParadiseInnVV, General Manager at Paradise Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 21 October 2011
Thank you so much for your generous review. It was a pleasure to have had you here at the Paradise Inn & Suites Valleyview. We look forward to having you back and making your next visit an even more enjoyable one. Thank you.

Valleyview, Alberta
1-877-552-2338
Alberta
Reviewed 19 September 2011

Not being a part of Pomeroy Inn and Suites hasn't changed a lot here. The rooms are still clean, and the staff is friendly. It has generally been quiet when we have stayed there, and it there was noise the staff is quick to address it when it was brought to their attention.

The one item that I have noticed a change in, is the items that are stocked in the kitchenette units. The spoons and glasses are slowing disappearing, and so far they have not been replaced. Remember if you are using the kitchen items, that they will only be as clean as the last person left them, and since there are not plastic scrubbers (just a dish cloth and towel) that you may find the frying plans not well cleaned. Tough to clean them off with just a cloth. Don't turn on any burners without checking the pans under them, they might be full of crumbs. The stove, microwave and fridge are in good condition and work correctly.

All that said, this is still the best place to stay in Valleyview. The rooms are a good size, and the bedding is comfortable.

You can reach the Tim Hortons from inside the hotel, although as it can be a busy spot, you might be lined up to the outside door. There is a large Shell station next door that has a large convenience store in it, and has some fast food available. There is also a liquor store in the same building as the Shell station.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Thank you so much for you positive review of our property. Your review is one that we will be using as an example to better ourselves when it come to our kitchenettes. I apologize for the crumbs that were left behind in your room and we will strive for a crumb free experience during you next stay here. Again, thank you for your review and all the best.

Paradise Inn & Suites Valleyveiw
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 11 September 2011

Great service, modern decor, very clean rooms, great pool, continental breakfast was a nice touch. As far as our family is concerned this hotel is the only option in Valley View.

• Stayed September 2011
2 Thank CGadvisor
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Reviewed 29 May 2011

On our trip through Canada on the way to Anchorage we stopped at the Paradise Inn after having read Trip Advisor reviews. The rooms were extremely clean and the beds comfortable, the staff friendly and the continental breakfast plentiful and tasty. Our stay at the Paradise was actually more pleasant than those we experienced at higher priced, more well-known chains in WI, ND, and SK on previous evenings.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank travelchief07
ParadiseInnVV, General Manager at Paradise Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 9 June 2011
We here at the Paradise Inn & Suites are blushing just a little bit thanks to your positive review. We hope you had a safe trip to you destination and don't hesitate to call is if you need anything on you return trip. Thank you!

Alberta
Reviewed 19 November 2010

This property has just changed it name, so it is likely too soon to know if this will be a good or bad change. It is the newest and most upscale place to stay in Valleyview. The suites have a stove, microwave and and full size refrigerator. There is very little counter space available, and now dishwasher. It looked like it would be best used for simple meal prep. Our room was tidy, and clean, and was properly made up. The only thing that I noted was that although the suite could have slept 4, the room was made up with only 2 wash clothes and 3 hand and bath towels. Only 2 of us, to this was not a problem, but it would have been for a family.

The staff is friendly and professional.

The available breakfast is OK, cold cereal and some breads, hot waffles, some apples and oranges. Coffee was not great, it seemed like not enough grounds had been used to it, and you could taste the chlorine from the water.

There is now a Tim Horton open in one end of the building. You go outside to access it.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
PomeroyInnValleyview, General Manager at Paradise Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 22 November 2010
Thank you so much for your stay and review as reviews like yours help us better ourselves and better each and every guests stay. There is access to the Tim Horton's from the hotel through the main lobby next to the banquet room. Probably not seen as the Tim Horton's has just opened and we are still completing those finishing touches i.e. sign pointing you to indoor Tim Horton's entrance. Again, thank you for your business and review. We look forward to seeing you again!
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 3 September 2010

We found this unit of the Pomeroy chain to be considerably below the standards set by other units of this chain. It is a brand new property with goood amenities and environment expected in a new property. It does however fall short in more than a few areas. We have stayed here on multiple trips over the past 2 months, with each worse than the last. On the last 2 occasions we arrived in late afternoon to find the front desk unattended, and a portion of the staff "enjoying" a smoke break at the main entrance. We were warned at check in, of the possible "lack of cleanliness" of our room. I have stayed all over the world from Sao Paulo to Anchorage and in 40 years of travel , can never remember an unprompted warning of this sort. The room appeared to be clean, but we were very apprehensive of what we might find(to say the least). We were quoted a room rate when we reserved the room(directly with the hotel). When we checked out we were told that the rate was now 20% higher because"the person who took the reservation wasn't authorized" to offer that rate. We paid the higher rate and were told that Mr. Pomeroy doesn't control policy at this unit as it is seperatly owned.
Well, Mr. Pomeroy, the price you're being paid for your name is the price for which you have now sold your reputation....

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tsillanman
PomeroyInnValleyview, General Manager at Paradise Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 16 September 2010
Thank you so much for your review. It's reviews like yours that help make our property a better place. I apologize for the lack of service that you received and would expect from a property such as ours. Also, the rate that you were quoted on the phone should have been the rate you received and I would have expected the same. Please contact me directly if you have the time at 1-877-552-2338 so we can have the chance to right our wrongs. As for the smoking out front, this is never to happen and our staff knows this. Thankfully for your review, it has been made an example of and action has been taken. Again, thank you for your review and I look forward to hearing from you personally.