“Getting better”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Otrokovice
Belgium
“Getting better”
Reviewed 14 September 2013

It's been 20 months since my previous visit to this hotel, and as after my first one I got a reply from the general manager, I think it's fair to "update" my review of this hotel.
I have to say that two of the bad points of my previous review have been solved. First of all I got this time a "right" room (I believe third floor with view to a small river), quiet, clean, quite ok.
The other thing was the staff. This time the service at the restaurant was ok. Food came fast and was really tasty.
I still don't quite get the design of the hotel building, and still think the combination of glass, steel and white walls feels like a mixture of a hospital and a bank, but anyway, if you have to stay in Otrokovice, I think this is quite a decent place to stay.
P.S. Just realized I missed my "tip for runners", if you want to run, there's a perfect path starting around 1 km from the hotel that goes along the river to Napajedla and further, really the perfect place for a run after (or before) a long working day

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Tomas7805, General Manager at Orea Hotel Atrium, responded to this review, 17 December 2013
Thank you very much for your reply and I am very glad that you see our tendence better our services in the part of accommodation and gastrnomy too. We will continue in this line for the future too and I hope that you will see our sevices in Atrium better and better... It is our goal...

We look forward to your next visit.

Tomas Matysek
Hotel Director

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Slovak first
Prerov, Czech Republic
Reviewed 18 July 2013

Our organization, Centre for community organising eastern Moravia, held a two-day workshop in May 2013 in Hotel Atrium for more than 80 people. Management staff was really friendly and helpful whenever we needed. Since we had also guests from Ireland and U.S.A. on the workshop, we've really appreciated staffs good knowledge of English. Rooms and all the conference areas were cleaned on every day basis. Very convenient location of the hotel in the center of the town. Food was great, they even comply with our specific wishes of vegetarian and gluten-free food. We would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Tomas7805, General Manager at Orea Hotel Atrium, responded to this review, 29 July 2013
Dear Martin V,

thank you very much for your comment and recommendation. I am very glad that you enjoyed stay in our hotel during your event and you were happy with our services. We look forward to our next possible coopearation in the future.

Tomas Matysek, Hotel Director
Belgium
Reviewed 10 December 2011

A very new hotel but where the architect did his very best not to make you feel at home. Steel, glass, white paint, REALLY cold.
I asked for a non-smoking room and they put me probably on the only smoking room of the hotel. The service on the restaurant was extremely slow: 105 min for a main course + dessert (and lucky they forgot to bring me the soup I have ordered)
It is a 4 stars hotel but without a gym, and the rooms don't have a bathtub, just a shower.
The only good thing is that it's very clean. Probably I was the first person ever staying on that room as it still smelled like fresh paint.
Breakfast was on the poor side
Not that there are many choices for another hotel in Otrokovice, but I would recommend staying in Zlin or Uherske Hradiste if you want a more "human" hotel

Room Tip: Avoid room #101 and neighbouring rooms. Too much outside light
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank Athlet
Tomas7805, General Manager at Orea Hotel Atrium, responded to this review, 8 July 2013
Dear Sir,
thank you very much for your review and I apologize for my late reply, in which I will inform you about the most important changes in the Atrium hotel.

From March 2012 is Hotel Atrium a new member of the hotel chain OREA HOTELS. Company with a longtime experiences with managing of the hotels in the Czech Republic.

From 2012 is OREA Hotel Atrium non-smoking hotel as all our other hotels in the group and so we can guarantee to you that you not obtain any smoking room in the future.

Positive changes are connected with our hotel restaurant too. Personal is trained in the line with standards of our company. So you can be sure that you obtain your meal till 20 minutes. Our guests can taste new specialities of the Czech, Slovakian, international cuisine as well grilled specialities during summer.

Our hot buffet breakfast offer is modified during the year and newly you can order a specialities from our breakfast card.

I will be very glad if you decide try our servieces during any of your next stays in Otrokovice.

Best regards

Tomas Matysek
Hotel Director
Also consider these accommodations in or near Otrokovice
Hotel Rottal
Hotel Baltaci Atrium
Hotel Morava
Hotel Morava
#1 of 2 in Otrokovice

Been to Orea Hotel Atrium? Share your experiences!