“quite good with some mistakes”
Review of Orea Hotel Atrium

and 1 more site!
Orea Hotel Atrium
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Otrokovice
Reviewed 15 July 2014

+ nice, big and really clean room (number 116), free garage stay, great space for suitcase and other bages
- pleasant but not profesional staff, horrible connection on wifi (10 minutes function and then 3 hours nothing), breakfast was good - but orange juice was with water !!! disgusting! and wasn´t black tea)

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nikola O
Tomas7805, Generální ředitel at Orea Hotel Atrium, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2015

Dear Nikoletka,

thank you very much for your review.
I have to inform you that your problems with the internet connection will be not repeat in the future. We made completly reconstruction of the system WiFi in our hotel. We guarantee to all guest stable WiFi internet in hotel rooms and public areas.

Hotel Manager

Reviewed 29 June 2014

- Wireless is quite slow, they really need to install more hotspot. It`s quite elementary today to have a good network quality in every room.
- No kettle in the room. That`s the first time that I`ve been in a hotel without kettle. There are some coffee, tea but we cannot do any coffee. Why????? They really need to put some.
- Should install a Fitness centre,

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Cool A,

thank you very much for your message.
I know that we had any problems with the internet connection - WiFi ( free cable connection in hotel room is fast) by full occupancy in the past. It was reason, why we invested to the complete new system of WiFi in 12/2014. Now we can offer to you faster internet in the room rate (WiFi and cable).
Tea and coffee facilities we offer in each Business Apartments and Family Apartments. We have in plan give these facilities to the next hotel rooms during this year.

Reviewed 20 March 2014

Stayed there for a 2 day conference. Breakfast was good and tasty. Conference facilities were OK. Dining in the evening could have been better. There was simply too few staff and they were extremely busy. On few occasions they forgot orders or they bought those to wrong customers. Restaurant lightning should be softer. Food quality is good. Rooms are very spacious. They have a big atrium area in the middle of the hotel. This could bring some noise to the rooms - did not bother me though.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Marrku,

thank you very much for your email and information to our services.
I am very sorry for your bad experience with longer time of waiting in our restaurant during your stay. I think that I have a positive information for you. From November 2014 we stronger the team in restaurant Colosseo and service is more faster and professionel than in the past.

We look forward to your next visit.

GM

Reviewed 14 December 2013 via mobile

Good on first sight until we start noticing a bounce of details which I'm sorry to report but I really need to. Wireless was not working on third floor for 4 days... I normally don't complain about "unfortunate" things like this, but we repeately informed reception and no action was taken. But this was not the worst. While most of the staff was friendly, the bold waiter at the restaurant was really bad behaving. It take us the plate while we were finishing eating, it throws things on the table without any respect and without hiding the fact that he was really bothered by our presence. On the opposite, the skinny young waiter was friendly, nice and even cheered us in our language. On the end, the hotel is nice but the bold guy conviced me to leave a bad review.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Dani1711
Tomas7805, General Manager at Orea Hotel Atrium, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2013

Dear Dani,

thank you for review and comment to your stay in our hotel, which can help us make our services better.

At first I have to make a reaction to your problem with WiFi connection in the 3rd floor. Receptionist inform me about this problem and so I contact with this complain our internet provider - IT company immediately, how we can better signal in any rooms.
I hope that the project with stronger WiFi signal will be finished as soon as possible...All our hotel rooms are equipped with cable connection internet too, which is more stabil and faster now.

I apologize you for the bad expierience with our waiter, which disturbed your dinner. I don´t hear complains to the restaurant stuff usually and so thank you very much for this follow up. I guarantee to you that I will inform him about your complain, I will deal with this problem personaly, because it can not to be allowed to repeat for the future. That other waiter was friendly and helpful to you, I see as matter of course connected with this job.

Thank you for your review once again and we look forward to your visit in Otrokovice.

Reviewed 30 November 2013

Our company held a two day conference at the hotel and I must say that I would never do it again. During the day, nearly everything was OK, but the main problems came up in the evening. Nearly all of our guests stayed at the hotel, so, comprehensively, they wanted to stay up during the night. And that was really a problem as the hotel manager forbid them to stay in a small conference room and forced them to stay in the "atrium", meaning in the main hall from which other guests entered their rooms. Apart from the fact that it was terribly cold in the main hall, the receptionist even left the main door open when she went out for a cigarette (it was - 4 that night). I believe that the manager would be glad if our participants went to bed at 22:00, slept tight and got up in the morning. Unfortunately, they wanted to spend a nice night with their friends and that was bad from the point of view of the manager.

Except for that, the food that was prepared for us (not the one in the restaurant, but prepared separately for us as our catering) was of low quality. Our clients also complained about lights not functioning in the hotel and not very friendly staff. Even getting a drought beer from a restaurant was a problem!

I would really never ever organize anything at this hotel. But that was just my experience.

Room Tip: All rooms´ doors face the atrium - a big hall that is not separated from the rooms except for a door...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Andrea,

thank you for your review to our hotel services. Because it was really negative, I started a control of all points of your review immediately, I checked the situation on cameras too and spoke with the hotel stuff, which you mentioned. Each complaint is important for me and it can help us better serivces for the future…

I was surprised from your review, because I obtained follow up by email of Event organizer, which discuss a condition with us. It was more in the positive line… He complained about a temperature in the atrium only. In this point you have right, I agree with you and I have to apologize for it.

And now shortly to other mentioned points in your review, which need our comment.
I have to clarify the situation with opening of the door to the main hall. Reason was very easy. One of the participants smoked in the hotel public area, directly under smoke detector… I understand that opened door was not nice for other guests in atrium, but opening of the main door is last chance, how we can block alarm system and hotel evacuation during the night.

I checked all details connected with your situation with moving to the hotel atrium too. I am sorry for it and I understand your ennoyance. Unfortunately it was misunderstanding between both sides. As we informed you prior start of the evening, we had booked this meeting for another company, which started meeting next day early morning there and so hotel stuff had to start with prepare of meeting room at midnight in this case. It was reason, why we could offer to you another meeting room or atrium for continue of party. For the future it will be best, if we communicate more details for evening or after party… We can discuss longer opening time in the restaurant for example.

Best regards from Otrokovice and I hope that we obtain the chance for a reputation.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

Regularly stay here when I'm working in the Czech Republic. Always clean and tidy and restaurant has great selection of tasty food, Good breakfasts included in the price. Great value for money. Rooms are clean, modern and warm. You can have a tea tray in the room if required which is great after a busy day. Local restaurants and shops close by and plenty of places to walk/run.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Moomin_Baggins

Thank you very much for the sending of your follow up to the Tripadvisor. I am very glad that you were pleased during your business trip in Otrokovice.

It will be very nice, if you decide stay in our hotel during your next trip to Otrokovice once again.

Reviewed 14 September 2013

The staff was very friendly and informative of where to go and how to get there. Our room was clean and we had no issues. There are no screens on the windows if you want to sleep with a window open. No pool and no exercise room.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Thank you very much for your positive review of our hotel.

We look forward to your next visit.

Tomas Mastysek