“Worth a visit”

Hambro Arms
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Pub restaurant in charming village. Took my mother for Sunday lunch at the Hambro. Evidence of good roasts at other tables but we had the pork belly and a salmon fillet from a diverse menu. The former was perfectly cooked and complemented by sides of roasted vegetables. The salmon came on crushed potatoes and was moist, well seasoned and delicious. Friendly, competent service. The dining area is light with views of the main Street. There are tables outside - perfect for a summer lunch or drinks. Recommended as a pub / restaurant with light modern cooking at moderate prices.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

There were six of us and we all enjoyed our meals. Starters included poached duck egg, smoked chicken, fresh pea soup and a French sausage salad - actually ordered and enjoyed by the Frenchman in our party! Wine with the starters was a house sauvignon blanc.

For mains I had the roast rump of beef which was cooked to perfection: juicy and tender and a very generous portion. It came with some of the best roast potatoes I have ever had - cooked in goose fat. Absolutely lovely. Plenty of veg as well, but I had to ask for extra gravy which came in a tiny pot. My wife had the lamb which she certainly enjoyed. I don't remember what everyone else had but everyone enjoyed it. With the mains we had a house tempranillo which was luscious.

All in all a very enjoyable meal at a very reasonable price. We will definitely go there again.

Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

For lunch today went with my kids & wife. The steak came with canned mushrooms no veg, the eggs & ham I was ordered was 5 mins after other food. The place was quiet, no excuses, come on hambro arms lovely location obviously but wish I had spent my 70 quid elsewhere.

3  Thank PCLEMENTS
Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

Me and my partner came here for the valentines meal, nothing to complain about, the food was excellent and we both thought the price was good value for money, thanks to mark, Caroline and the team

1  Thank Katcha2009
Reviewed 13 January 2014

We had a lovely meal where all 3 courses were beautifully presented and cooked to perfection. Although a native of North Dorset it was nearly a year since visting from the Lake District and it was a great way to start our weekend. Thanks to Mark and his team for a very friendly welcome and attentive service.

2  Thank qprbrian