“Excellent vacation”

Meresuu Spa and Hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Narva-Joesuu
Reviewed 8 August 2013

My friend and I had a short weekend there. It is nice spa hotel, opened some years ago, which has a great spa complex - different saunas and pools, also possibility to lay outside and have some tan during summer period (spa terrace). Nice food variety for breakfast. And it is located just about 200 m from the beach, which is actually the longest sand beach in Estonia. If you are lucky enough to plan your vacation at the same time when we are blessed with summer days here, then it is fantastic place to spend time to :)

Room Tip: Include mark when booking wether you prefer twin or double room.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 11 June 2013

We've visited Meresuu with my husband a day after our marriage, so it was some-kind of honeymoon for us. We really enjoyed the place, silence and nature around.
I had a massage procedure and it was really good, but massage room was a bit cold for me and I couldn't enjoy as I usually do.

Breakfast was good, eventhough we came there at 10:55 (breakfast time is until 11), but personnel was very hospitable and we could have our breakfast even if were a bit late :)

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 April 2013

Very nice and new building, good rooms with free internet, very nice SPA and welness (free unlimited use for hotels guests). we were there with or 2 small kids and we were really happy to stay there.Breakfast were also good.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 March 2013

Within ten years from now, Narva-Joesuu will certainly have regained the glory of those days it was a mondaine beach resort. The past couple years, we have noticed a lot of reconstruction. This area has it all, beautifully situated between the trees right next to the beach.

Meresuu hotel fits perfectly and must be the first of many more smaller and bigger spa hotels to come. The staff is very friendly and most people speak at least some to very good English.

Our dog was very welcome too though € 15 per night we thought not cheap. The building is well accessable with a wheel chair, and there even was a snow path on the beach that was ok with a wheelchair.

The package with room and treatment worked out great. The rooms are very comfortable and the wellness area is just as lovely as the treatments itself. We loved just sitting on the couch on the 11th floor and watch the Baltic sea.

Foodwise, both the buffet as the a la carte menu was very tasty. Don't forget the big pool area with many different pools (and a bar) and fantastic sauna area with many different saunas (steam, aromatic, salt, and regular sauna). My favorite, the 40 degrees C/104F (!) bath!

Although the Russian border town of Narva wasnt too interesting for us, there is enough to explore in the area, and the Meresuu hotel and direct surroundings are an oasis to relax, take a walk or just enjoy the views and enjoy.

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors with sea view are our favorite
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Spader2
Reviewed 8 October 2012

After looking around I decided to book the Meresuu Spa & Hotel because it was a large hotel with a fair price and rating.

We arrived at the hotel close to 9 am and it was both raining and very dark. I was quite pleased that I had picked a large hotel that my GPS could find because it was mighty dark. The hotel was huge if I compared to everything else that I could see in the area.

I parked the car in the free parking just outside the main entrance. I hurried in the rain into the reception where a couple of young persons standing in the reception greeted me, and luckily they both spoke quite good English. The managed to find my booking and gave me a room on the sixth floor.

The room was smaller than I had anticipated but it was still quite okay. There was a king size bed and a desk where I could work. The problem was that I could not make the Wi-Fi work in my room. I was travelling with one of my friends and he had gotten a room next to that was a bit larger. Because it was quite late we decided to eat in the restaurant in the hotel, so we decided to meet in the restaurant.

The restaurant was completely empty when we arrived and we decided to settle with their buffet and a couple of beers. The meal was nothing special; it was like something you have at work. It was the same place that they served the breakfast the following morning and I was not impressed with that either.

We decided to visit their piano bar in the basement to have a drink and it was quite a plastic bar with all black furniture and laud music. Their mojito was quite nice but that was also all positive that you could say about the place but it was also outside their season.

I slept very well because it was dark and very quiet. The shower was really nice and I took a long warm shower because the autumn had really entered Estonia the day before. The price was fair.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 September 2012

Travelling to Russia we have visited SPA hotel located near Narva,Estonia (about 20 minutes driving by car). Great located on the coast of Gulf of Finland, it is very likes to Jurmala, Latvia. Hotel pretty nice, modern and have great view to the Gulf and forest around it.Breakfast very good.Staff not very professional.SPA pretty good with many pools and water streams, saunas. Temperature of pools are less than written at them.Restaurant meal (dinner) you have to book only before 18.00 or take buffet for 14 Euro for adults. There are some incorrect information about hotel on web site and at Booking.com (prices and conditions).

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank andronNDT
Reviewed 9 September 2012

First of all its very soviet. Basic not luxurious. It is probably the only reasonable place in this area but that is not good enough. I would recommend everyone to choose a spa that is run by Estonians because those tend to be better quality in service and everything. This spa had all russian staff. I was pleasantly surprised that most of the staff managed to speak three languages at least but staff in the wellness centre speaks only russian.

positive-Spa is in a very nice location next to a beach. Very nice views from the higher floors. treatments felt nice and were done by true professionals. And these were the only positive things.
negative- I booked our treatments by email. The person who managed my booking said that they will send me the exact time table via email. She never did. When I arrived to the hotel it turned out that they did not have my treatment bookings. No one apologized. I did not get the times I wanted. The room was dirty. bathroom was all yellow and disgusting. They should use bleach! its so easy! I do not understand why they dont do it properly. There was black hairs everywhere. Internet did not work properly. Buffet breakfast and dinner was tasteless and the choice was poor. Wellness centre was sooooo cold. It is hard to enjoy the massage when you feel really really cold. Worst thing about this spa hotel is the a la carte. worst food ever!! It was just disgusting. The overall experience was stressful not pleasant. I will not go to that spa again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
10  Thank KaisaJoe
Also consider these accommodations in or near Narva-Joesuu
Noorus Spa Hotel
Narva Hotell
Narva Hotell
#1 of 2 in Narva
Narva-Joesuu Health and Spa Hotel

Been to Meresuu Spa and Hotel? Share your experiences!