nice bungalow, clean and quiet, good place to stay
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking
nice bungalow, clean and quiet, good place to stay
We arrived on Nusa Lembongan with no accomodation and started at Jungutbatu. Jungutbatu wasnt fantastic and after a day trip to Mushroom Bay decided to switch accomodation to this location as Mushroom Bay is probably the best beach on Nusa Lembongan and this hotel is probably the cheapest on beachfront.
With cheaper accommodation you do get more basic. The hut we stayed in had cold water only but very good aircon. In saying that.... it is NOT flash.
Comparative to Bali (where there is more competition ) this hotel has low standard in relation to price. However we liked it as it had aircon and was beach front, brilliant views, access to a walk way (ask restaurant staff to point out the dirt track) that involves climbing up down little alcoves to small beaches until you get to Jungutbatu.
Not suitable for Honeymoons/ disabled access.
Perfect for young couple wanting lots of walking, nice restaurants at night and access to beach front for a quick dip. 2 or 3 nights max.
Dont use mozzie nets! - they stink when unfolded.
The view from the hotel is fantastic. The massage in the connected spa is good -
unfortunately I have no more positive things to say about this place. Service non existing - an arrogant and rude attitude. We booked our room via Agoda and prepaid four nights - but we decided to leave after one. The beach could have been wonderful, had it not been for all the banana- and tour boats, which made it very dangerous to swim. And the constant noise from the resort next door - all day long we could hear the loud music from there and the constant announcements , that were made for the different boat trips from the beach. All in all a terrible experience - we will never go there again!
- very friendly staff. Others have said they were too casual, but I suppose that's subjective. I found them to be friendly, hospitable, polite, and yes, casual.
- location. Right at the end of the beach, perched above a bit with great access to the beach. The restaurant offers spectacular views all day, particularly at sunset.
- grounds. Beautiful. Enough vegetation to provide privacy. Good pool.
- spa. Cheap, excellent quality, great setting (overlooking the beach), and exceptional staff.
The so so.
- the rooms. Great size, beautiful, nice outdoor shower. Mosquito net was purely decorative, the room was never cleaned in 3 days (I didn't care, we spent most of our time on excursions or at the beach), a/c was low wattage (ie - it works, but barely).
- the food. DON'T have the Ikan Bakar (or something liek that). Got horribly ill/Bali Belly. Now, this could be my sensitive Western stomach not handling perfectly clean ad safe seafood, or it could be that the food was not as fresh as it should be. Either way, for the remainder of my vacation I had occasional but regular (very) painful stabbing pains in my stomach and could not be further than 5 minuted from a bathroom at any given time. Other than that, the food was so-so, breakfast was brutal and small.
- value. Pay cash at the restaurant. At the end of your trip, you will be presented with all of your bills, and there is no way to remember whether you ordered all of that stuff or not. They charge a 5% cc fee, which is kinda of a 'you didn't prepare and bring enough cash' fee. Whatever. You can find cheaper accomodations, but I could not find cheaper on the beach, which in my opinion is a must. Negotiate the price. I paid $80 US/night with no activitites, which is a better deal than $98 with one excursion.
- service. No room cleaning for 3 days. I personally didn't care. I am neat and clean up after myself anyhow, but I could have used fresh towels and had to ask for more tp (a rather unpleasant wait considering my ailment).
- breakfast. Included is coffee/tea from an urn (that barely works), ONE pancake OR ONE egg, OR ONE fritter, and one juice. Adequate for a 5 year old, but not a 37 year old Canadian man. Unacceptable.
Overall, I would stay here again, but only because I would rather spend my money on the island doing other things than on the room. Cheapest place on the beach.
I am a bit suprised to read the previous reviews, as we have just returned from a brilliant holiday here. We went with 2 other families - 6 children all together and had a fantastic time. It is a basic hotel, but our room was clean and comfortable, cleaned every day with fresh towels. The garden and the setting is gorgeous. We found the staff incredibly friendly and helpful, they were brilliant with small kids. They happily served us meals and drinks on our verandah while the children slept. The beach was excellent for small children. The new spa is gorgeous - how lovely to have a massage in the fresh air overlooking the ocean. This was our second stay there, and had the same experience the first time. Things do run on "island time", but isn't that what we go on holiday for? I do agree that the food in the restaurant is bad, and the breakfast basic.
Unfortunately I have to agree with the previous adverse reviews. We stayed there for 3 nights which was ok but I would not recommend the place at all. We didn't book it in advance. We were told by the receptionist that we made a pretty good deal with the most expensive room (paid about US$81), but then we realized that not really. They tried to rip us off where ever they could (e.g. 5% credit card fee insead of the standard 3%, extremly poor breakfast- we had to order additional items from the menu), watersport activities not included due to the discount we got. Staff were way too casual to the guests, for this value including the rooms, etc the accommodation is way too expensive. Also, no wifi available.
The only positive thing I could mention is the spa. Very nice, affordable price, good massage.