All reviews shipwrecks surf break small pool bali island scooter lembongan
Reviewed 5 January 2017 via mobile

I was out at tropica shipwreck for one night because the place I originally booked was full and owner was too late to blocked the date. I was very lucky to have the room next to their pool. I liked the center yard and the lounge area, rarely there is a homestay with such big space for viewing on the island. They didn't try to fill the space with anything, but just grass. It gave the place a very soothing feeling. The space inside the room is also very relaxing, with a bowl straw chair in each room, perfect for reading and relaxing. Air conditioning was also very robust , I had to turn it off because it wasn't so hot during the time I visited. But the staffs were lovely, they turned on the AC to cool the space before I checked into the room. They were lovely people, reminded me to close door and let down mosquito net around dawn to eliminate mosquitoes in the sleeping area. I saw negative reviews about not able to hang towels on trees and kids play stick hockey? (forgot) in the grass. I never got to meet the owner but I prolly wouldn't like people hanging towels on my tree, and have holes digged by accident on my grass either. Balinese people would prolly be too shy to say anything but I know western people are not shy to set rules to visitors. I don't think those are ridiculous rules.

Date of stay: January 2017
Reviewed 28 September 2016

We stayed here in July 2016 and it was an amazing experience! The staff made our stay so special:spotless room cleaned every day, a super breakfast, beautiful gardens, and a cool, clean pool.
We have two little girls (age 6 and 8) and the family hut was perfect. Very spacious, comfortable beds and peaceful,cool nights. The outdoor space was wonderful..we had a lovely seating area.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 4 July 2016

What a cool experience. We loved the cute bedrooms and bathroom with shower outside. The lovely hosts took us to explore the island on their scooters.
We had a really nice relaxing time feeling looked after with breakfast made each morning. Just the whole design of the place was really lovely to spend time around. Highly recommend this place and its location.
The roosters crow very loudly so make sure to get ear plugs. They have the ear plugs at accomadation.

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 February 2016

We enjoyed our stay at Shipwrecks, great staff, the breakfast was always fresh. We never used the kitchen as we ate all our meals out, there are so many really good and cheap places within a walk. I loved the stroll to the beach, always interesting and we used to sit on the wall out the front or a bar and watch the sunset. The staff organised lots of things for us, snorkeling trip, exploring the mangroves and bike hire. Very clean & conforatable, maybe the bed was a little too firm for my liking but can't have everything. For the price it is great

Date of stay: April 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 August 2015 via mobile

I booked this place by mistake because TripAdviser directed me to the booking site of this one when I was trying to book "Tropica Tranquility" but it turned out to be a very pleasant stay.
I was worried about the noise the other reviewers mentioned but it was ok for me as I get up early anyway. I could hear the neighbor's kids until 9/10pm and occasional roosters but it was mostly quiet at night. It became quite noisy at around 6am when all of the roosters started screaming out and the nearby construction started pounding.
So if you are a light sleeper or like to snooze till late this may not be the place...
I stayed in 1 of the rooms "Play Ground" that shared a lounge space in between with the other room. There was no one during my stay so I had a complete privacy.
My room was tastefully decorated with mix of European and Balinese style. There was a big & very comfortable bed and a good AC.
Bathroom was partially open but no insects or geckos running around.
Breakfast had a few choices - eggs & toast, omelette and pancakes with fresh OJ, fruit salad and coffee/tea.
2 ladies who work there were very kind and helpful and gave me enough privacy when needed.
Although it was a mistake to book here it turned out to be a very pleasant stay for me. I will come back again.

Date of stay: August 2015