We visited Sandy Bay Beach club with our 9-month-old son.
What we liked
- The location is jaw dropping. Watching the waves pound the shoreline is an exhiliarating experience. Tip: Don't try to swim here - you will probably drown. Tip 2: Walk across the beach and up the cliff (there are tiled steps.) You'll find the famous "Devil's Tear" viewpoint 4-5 mins away on-foot (Google maps will lead you on a longer foray)
- The infinity pool is small but beautiful. It drops onto the beach below, with the crashing waves in the backdrop.
- Good music. A nice blend of chillout, Afrohouse and Brazilian-infused ryhthmns. At sunset, they had a live band doing acoustic numbers.
- I ordered the beef rendang and I thought it tasted quite good.
- The service was good and the waiters attentive
Things that could be improved
- We ordered 2 daiquiris - one passion, one strawberry. They were pretty bad - watered down to the point of us not being able to savour the alcohol in them (and they were a sticky, cumbersome mess to hold.)
- My fiancee ordered the cheeseburger. It was lacking in flavour and intensity, plus the fries seemed to have been fried in old cooking oil.
- For the prices charged, the food and beverages should be better
All in all - I can definitely recommend this place - it gets pretty busy at sunset so get there in good time if you want a good spor.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.