“The Best, The Best, The Best!”
Review of Newbro Surfing

Newbro Surfing
Ranked #9 of 41 Tours in Nusa Lembongan
More attraction details
Owner description: The Newbro is 100 % locally owned family also friends crew which is over you Lembongan and Nusa Penida activities, surf school at Nusa Lembongan, Snorkeling Trips at Lembongan and Nusa Penida, Fishing trips around Penida, We are grow up at Nusa Lembongan and very experience with local knowledge and always take safety first, We also help you with accommodation and getting here fast and easy. Please contact us for all your questions!(fully supported by Lembongan Surf Team)
Reviewed 10 September 2013

I've been surfing on & off for a while, & have had many surf guides, so it's with some experience I can say Lena & Robot were fantastic guides & instructors. I'm an average surfer, & they were extremely patient & encouraging in the water. They also are very aware of safety & ensure you feel taken care of. I received a video of myself surfing afterwards & although I don't like to watch myself on camera, it was really helpful to see what I'm doing well & where I could improve. I will be going back to Lembongan & surfing with Lena and Robot the first chance I get. They are the best!

Reviewed 9 September 2013

My husband and I went out with Lena and the crew for surfing lessons on the reef at Nusa Lembongan. We had both done some surfing so weren't, complete novices. The crew were incredibly helpful, really friendly and VERY PATIENT with their 50 years plus clients! We had a great day at "Lacerations ' which I couldn't wait to tell my surfing children about. We came back for more on successive days. Reasonably priced we thought and great value for money.

Reviewed 6 September 2013

After not being on a board for 20yrs I decided it was time to give it a shot again with my 11 year old son. Our villa recommended Newbro and I must say they were excellent. I was apprehensive at first as it is not a cheap exercise in Indonesia but the guys (Wayan and Robot) looked after us so well. We chose our boards with some guidance and were instructed on how to be safe and have fun from that time on. They choose the breaks depending on swell and tide along with surfer abilities and the boys have all the local knowledge you need. After 2 lessons I had gained a load more confidence to get back amongst it and my son had an absolute ball finishing his second day surfing across the face of a head height wave.
My lack of fitness was compensated with the gentle push you felt from behind at the right time to ensure you got that wave. I am sure that without them that 90% of the waves would have been missed. It was one instructor for 2 surfers which meant you got that push plus great advice on how to improve depending upon your level and needs.
Another important note is the safety. The guys are always watching out for you. Towards the end of the second day the waves were picking up and the currents were getting stronger. Though I was still having the time of my life I did think gees this is getting a tad crazy and sure enough Wayan gave me the signal that it was time to go and patiently guided us all back to the boat. It was the right call at the right time.
If you are considering surf lessons on Lembongan then you cannot go past these guys and you will have a great time. We are squeezing one last trip with them in the morning before we leave the island!

Reviewed 28 August 2013

After reading about all the positive feedback about NewBro, it was a no-brainer that we were going to choose these guys for our time in Nusa Lembongan and we were blown away!
The one to one tuition on offer in the water is fantastic and so are the guys. Wayan and Robot looked after us for both the surf lessons and and the snorkelling trip we took with Captain Blank was brilliant. The guys are very patient and helpful and so was the rest of the family.
Even when we were stuck with our transport to the next island Wayan let us hang out at the shop, use his internet and put us in touch with a guy on the island who managed to smooth everything over in time for the rest of our trip. We also got sent GoPro footage of our surfing.
We've been to four different surf school/camps in Bali and this is hands down the best.
A MUST DO!!

Dan & Chris

Reviewed 19 August 2013

Hi
We were in Nusa Lembongan last week and I was lucky to have three lessons with Wayan, Robot and the rest of the team.
The lessons were 2.5 hours each for approx. $35AUD (350,000rp) and worth every cent. From the beginning we were picked up from the beach outside our hotel and taken to the shop where Wayan would assess what level you were at and then a stretching session prior to being taken out on their boat. I am a beginner/intermediate and had my own board but there we plenty of boards to take out for beginners (of all sizes). We then surfed Razors and Lacerations which I was quite apprehensive about but once we got out there they made sure that we were never in any conditions that we couldn't handle as being reef breaks they were able to make sure we were in the right spot to for our ability. We were then split up into groups on the water and most lessons I had one on one attention from my instructor (Robot) and at most he looked after me and one other. They would help you catch waves (even push you on the smaller ones!) and each time give fantastic tips on how to improve. On each lesson there were people of all ages and abilities and without fail the instructors made sure everyone was really looked after and had a great time. I also noticed that many of the other surf schools seemed to have one instructor to five or ten students and I think this was a major advantage with Newbro in that it was very personalised. Wayan has even sent me a video of some of my surfing using his gopro now that I am back and looking at it today I wish I was still there. Definetly a must do on any trip to Nusa Lembongan and I will be back next year.