“Great Surfing Lesson”
Review of Newbro Surfing

Newbro Surfing
Ranked #8 of 38 Tours in Nusa Lembongan
More attraction details
Owner description: Newbro Surfing is your complete surf guide at Nusa Lembongan, 100% locally owned! Surf Lessons, Surf Trips, Surf Rental, Snorkeling Trips, Island Tours in all combinations. We are certified lifeguards and always take safety first. You will have full attention of our teachers, and local knowledge of when and where to go surfing at your level. We also help you with accommodation and getting here fast and easy. Please contact us for all your questions!
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
“Great Surfing Lesson”
Reviewed 15 September 2013

I've surfed several times while visiting Bali, but this had to be the best surfing lesson I've had. The instructors were great. Not just informative but the guys knew how to have a laugh as well. Highly recommended.

Singapore, Singapore
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Thank you so much Lena!”
Reviewed 12 September 2013

It was the first time for me and my bf to try surfing although ever since we saw surfers roaming the Sanur wave, we were so determined to give it a go!
We were very sure that we couldn't actually do anything that resembled surfing, but would rather be just putting the emphasis on trying it at all. We never dreamed of standing up on the board, but more like drinking whole lot of sea water and having a sunbathing time.

However! Contrary to our belief, many thanks to Lena and Robert who guided us thoroughly, we could stand up on the board couple of times and actually enjoy!
I mean, yes, we drank lots of salty water and paddling was much harder than expected, (to the point of wanting to throw up!) we did do something that really looked like surfing!
And we were total beginners! They brought us to the wave spot, let us know when the wave was coming and even helped me sometimes when we had hard time paddling!

On top of that we also received videos of us surfing. Right after the experience, I still couldn't quite believe that I was the one who did it, but when I watched the videos I could finally feel it! They were also so funny, such sweet memories! I don't know how much me and my bf laughed over out funny postures and all. :)

Thank you so much Lena and Robert. We really think of going back there to continue learning although we are not sure we will be given such blessing.

Anyways, I really recommend it to all, including those of you who have never surfed before, and even while reading this comment, can't believe that you can!

London, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Best, The Best, The Best!”
Reviewed 10 September 2013

I've been surfing on & off for a while, & have had many surf guides, so it's with some experience I can say Lena & Robot were fantastic guides & instructors. I'm an average surfer, & they were extremely patient & encouraging in the water. They also are very aware of safety & ensure you feel taken care of. I received a video of myself surfing afterwards & although I don't like to watch myself on camera, it was really helpful to see what I'm doing well & where I could improve. I will be going back to Lembongan & surfing with Lena and Robot the first chance I get. They are the best!

Surfers Paradise, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Surfing for nearly beginners”
Reviewed 9 September 2013

My husband and I went out with Lena and the crew for surfing lessons on the reef at Nusa Lembongan. We had both done some surfing so weren't, complete novices. The crew were incredibly helpful, really friendly and VERY PATIENT with their 50 years plus clients! We had a great day at "Lacerations ' which I couldn't wait to tell my surfing children about. We came back for more on successive days. Reasonably priced we thought and great value for money.

Yallingup, Australia
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Great Stuff”
Reviewed 6 September 2013

After not being on a board for 20yrs I decided it was time to give it a shot again with my 11 year old son. Our villa recommended Newbro and I must say they were excellent. I was apprehensive at first as it is not a cheap exercise in Indonesia but the guys (Wayan and Robot) looked after us so well. We chose our boards with some guidance and were instructed on how to be safe and have fun from that time on. They choose the breaks depending on swell and tide along with surfer abilities and the boys have all the local knowledge you need. After 2 lessons I had gained a load more confidence to get back amongst it and my son had an absolute ball finishing his second day surfing across the face of a head height wave.
My lack of fitness was compensated with the gentle push you felt from behind at the right time to ensure you got that wave. I am sure that without them that 90% of the waves would have been missed. It was one instructor for 2 surfers which meant you got that push plus great advice on how to improve depending upon your level and needs.
Another important note is the safety. The guys are always watching out for you. Towards the end of the second day the waves were picking up and the currents were getting stronger. Though I was still having the time of my life I did think gees this is getting a tad crazy and sure enough Wayan gave me the signal that it was time to go and patiently guided us all back to the boat. It was the right call at the right time.
If you are considering surf lessons on Lembongan then you cannot go past these guys and you will have a great time. We are squeezing one last trip with them in the morning before we leave the island!