“Great decision to finally visit - will stay again!”

Lembongan Island Beach Villas
Reviewed 22 January 2014

A major question has to be asked about Lembongan Island Beach Villas and its management. It is possible to say anything negative? After my stay I can only answer no!
From the moment my toes sank into the white sand (and as there is no jetty, jumping off the boat onto warm, white and inviting sand is about the only way to arrive on Lembongan Island – unless you could arrange to be carried) to the moment that I had to be pushed onto the very last boat back to the main island on my final day, my holiday passed like a wonderfully warm experience that almost singlehanded destroyed any negative preconception I might have had of Bali itself.
It was this very moment of arrival that I knew I would enjoy my stay. The welcome, the friendly staff, the wide expanse of the veranda, the great villa, the incredible view, the safe pool, the breakfast and other snacks – almost nothing could be faulted – and this from someone who was convinced that my visit to Bali would somehow be bedevilled by rip-offs, rude fellow travellers or alarming health issues.
Lembongan Island Beach Villas is not a luxury resort. Nor does it try to be. Rather it is like a wonderful and relaxing home with skilled staff and comfortable facilities.
Nothing is too much trouble for them and everything is done to make you feel comfortable. Names of visitors seem to be remembered with ease. The island itself has something for everyone - from very affordable international restaurants to relaxing bars with great food and staff who seem to understand that at some times in a holiday you actually want to just sit and look at the view with a beer nearby. Nothing more and nothing less. But a stay at Lembongan Island Beach Villas is all about recharging, relaxing, even just getting to know someone better. Or really well.
My only regret is that I hadn’t stayed at the Beach Villas before, nor been to Lembongan Island itself, always rejecting suggestions that I should, like all good Australians, visit Bali . And to think that I had deliberately said no to previous invitations. Foolish. Big mistake. Big, big mistake. The only way to reverse this now obvious mistake is to visit again. And perhaps again.

Room Tip: Higher villas have better views (although all views are fantastic). If you don't like steps, ask...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Robert R

Reviewed 22 January 2014

We LOVED our stay here! The apartments are well established with everything you will need for your stay! Comfortable, clean and a great design! PLUS you have an amazing view and are centrally located.

The pool, bar and resturant facilities are also fantastic. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Kellie J
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Lembongan Island Beach Villas:
We stayed in this hotel in Dec’13 for 1 night.

Good part about this hotel was its view. Sea view from our room was good and we really enjoyed it during Day Time.
Our Villa was quite spacious but was not well maintained . Kitchen area, utensils provided by them were very dirty and very old.
It seemed they have never washed those utensils and for same reason it seemed those were never used by anybody as few kitchen items were even rusted.
Major problem starts in night time, this villa was open from front because of which so many lizards and insects came in lobby.
My wife was bit scared of that Big Lizard which made so horrific voices during night time.
Everytime, she wanted to go in Lobby , she wanted my companionship for same reason.
Keeping in consideration high price they charged for this hotel, I booked it for good relaxing stay, good services, cleanliness but was very disappointed in end because I did not get any.
Price charged by them was of 5 star but services provided by them were not even crossing 2 star.
I think they should maintain its class with its Price Range so that it can be justified.

It seems they opened this Hotel but nobody is maintaining or taking care of this property which was very disappointing.
I don’t think this Hotel has any good pints except Location and don’t want to stay in this Hotel again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 December 2013

The villa we stayed in had a beautiful view, and the plunge pool was a great touch, but I'm not sure that the price per night is realistic for the quality of the accommodation.
Having said that, the bed was super comfy and the staff were friendly.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank eeteee
Reviewed 23 December 2013

This is a nice place to stay in lembongan. Near to many things on the harbour. Large villas our had a little pool. Spa wasn't working. Good view. The villas are clean, a bit dated and probably over priced for lembongan. Be aware that there are a lot of steps to the villas so not a place for those who are not fit and agile. We were told our breakfast was included but were charged for it as we had food from the menu that wasn't included on the free list, but guess what? No one told us this until check out. Very misleading. When we complained to the lady at check out she blamed the waitress and said not her problem. There are much nicer places to go if you are dabbling in this price range.

• Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank cherrycharade
Reviewed 29 November 2013 via mobile

The villas r perched on a hill hence has breathtaking views to offer, the villa is fully n tastefully furnished with 2 bedrooms 2 toilets a lovely drawing dining n kitchen with fully stacked utensils those wanting to cook can. It has a back tv lounge .the best is the balcony with another dining areas with open views of the sea n lounge chairs. We had ordered dinner each night from local restaurant n had it on our deck. Only -ive is the no swimmable beach but is main village area where all boats dock. but u can hire a scooter n visit. For beaches stay at dream island or subset beach.

• Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank 7caratz
Reviewed 8 November 2013

After heading to Bali yearly for the last 6 years our travel agent recommended something a little different. When we jumped on the scoot boot after a long day going through airports and waiting over an our at sanur, we were sceptical about why we were leaving our normal oasis to somewhere we have never been with 4 adults, and 5 children (ranging from 3 years to 8 years) the minute we pulled into the bay we were excited! The water is crystal blue, the sand is white. Our check in was friendly, staff always very polite, & extremely helpful. We had villa 203, the villas as in pictures are built on a hill, this villa was perfect for us as it was the first villa and I had a sport injury, our friends had villa 206 which was about 3 villas behind us. Both views were amazing and uninterrupted by all other villas. The food was off good quality, and the cocktails and bin tang always cold ;) We recommend a snorkelling trip on the glass bottom boat, this was amazing, and also another family high light was when we hire a golf buggy and explored the island. The sunsets here were awesome, the veiw from our villa we did not want to leave. Totally laid back experience, great vibes about this little island, we will definitely be back.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family