Booked 5 rooms directly with Hayley at the hotel as a pit stop before a family wedding on the 28/07 down in the Gower. As there were going to be 12-14 of us I asked about reserving a table in the hotel restaurant for an evening family meal and was told there would be no need as they would be able to cater for us. We checked in just after 6pm with Vicky and when I mentioned the table for dinner she said she would be unable to help us as she would be the cook with only a small microwave!!! She seemed to think there had been a misunderstanding and that Hayley meant the Harvester restaurant next door. She then tried to book us a table at the Harvester but they didn't have anything until 8.30pm. I was very upset with this situation as I had organised this for all my family who had made the journey from Chicago and Johannesburg....not the way I wanted to start our family reunion so be warned about big party bookings and dinner reservations!!!
Anyway the hotel is ideally situated just off the M4 with free car parking and wi-fi. There was no traffic noise even though we were minutes from the motorway although we were car park side.
The rooms were clean, very comfortable and well stocked with with tea/coffee
The Buffet breakfast was either continental or limited hot (sausages - very peppery, beans & scrambled eggs - powdery!) The staff were attentive and kept the eating area clean, tidy and replenished when necessary.
All in all I would definitely recommended this hotel if you need a value-for-money hotel for a stop-over or short stay near a beautiful part of Wales - the Gower.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay at the easy-access Holiday Inn Express Swansea - East, close to city centre offices and beach escapes. Our friendly staff will greet you as you arrive in the bright Lobby at the Holiday Inn Express Swansea-East. Our quiet hotel, with its leafy garden and large car park, is just 1 minute from the London-bound M4 motorway and 41 miles from Cardiff International Airport. It's just a 10-minute drive from the Holiday Inn Express Swansea West to the DVLA and Swansea Council's city centre offices. Invite delegates to our 3 bright meeting rooms, and access free WiFi. Stay in touch with free WiFI in your comfy guest room or simply relax and watch your favourite shows on the 32-inch flat screen TVs. Your tour of the Gower Peninsula's dramatic coastline starts at the Victorian seaside town of Mumbles, 13 miles away. The Brecon Beacons National Park, with its waterfalls and valleys, is 30 minutes by car. Wake up daily to our inclusive Express Start buffet breakfast with selected hot items served in the comfort of the Great Room lounge daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, IHG, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Swansea East reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Swansea West m4, Jct 43 Hotel Llandarcy
- Holiday Inn Express Llandarcy
- Holiday Inn Swansea
- Llandarcy Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Llandarcy
- Holiday Inn Express Swansea East Llandarcy, Wales