“Great quality for a budget price”

Holiday Inn Express Swansea East
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Llandarcy
Reviewed 1 September 2014

Just returned from a 3 night stay at this Holiday Inn. The beds were very comfortable, the room was well designed - and even the remote for the tv worked! The latter is rare in my experience.

Most importantly given my complaint about unsafe bathroom fittings in my review of another much more expensive hotel, the shower room was great. A good size shower cublcle with a non-slip shower tray and simple bar control and excellent shower head; a tiled floor for which a nice large fluffy bath mat was provided; and very cleverly, the door to the shower room also serves as a door to the loo, making it possible for the loo to be used separately and privately. No lack of nice big fluffy bath towels either.

In addition, the breakfast was excellent. No gripes here about lack of plain muesli and lousy coffee. Both were provided as well as hot dishes, toast of various kinds, croissants, and fresh fruit. I could start my day feeling human :-)

There's also free wifi, - and the staff were lovely.

This place ticks all the boxes for me - a great base for exploring the area as well as for business customers and at a sensible price.

Room Tip: Our room (a twin) was at the rear, closest to the M4, but with the window closed we didn't hear...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank 691amandak
JamesM4J43, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Swansea East, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2014

Many thanks for your comments regarding your recent stay. We are pleased that you had a great stay and found that all the boxes were ticked for you.
Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope you will visit us again in the near future.

Reviewed 1 September 2014

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express for two nights to attend a friends wedding in the local area. The room was very clean and the beds were very comfortable with a choice of pillows. Breakfast was fine and met our needs. My only complaint was the WiFi ...it was advertised all over the hotel, shame it didn't work, I tried it on my i Phone and Laptop but nothing.

Room Tip: All rooms are the same.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay with us. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and found the complimentary breakfast met your needs. I am sorry that you were unable to connnect to our free wifi that is available throughout the hotel and had you informed reception I am sure they would have been more than happy to get you connected and if there was a problem they could have contacted our internet supplier for you. Once again I am sorry that you found a problem with the internet and glad that everything else was perfect for you.

Reviewed 29 August 2014 via mobile

We stay in Holiday Inn/ Holiday Inn Express' often as we love the quality and that they are all very similar.
Swansea East Express was fab. We stopped here for one night before watching our football team play at the Liberty Stadium which was 13 mins away in the car.
Usual Express quality.
Rooms average sized.
2 kids slept on the sofa bed which was comfy.
Coffee and tea making facilities.
Quick free wifi for 2 devices.
Widescreen Freeview TV.
Bathroom equipped well.
Helpful staff.
Clean and pleasant decor.
Free basic brekkie is good and gives you fruit, cereals, cakes and a few hot choices. Can't complain.
HIE Swansea East keeps the HIE standards well

Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank Rachel B
JamesM4J43, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Swansea East, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2014

Many thanks for your excellent comments you posted regarding your recent stay with us. We are really pleased that you had a great stay and that you found Holiday Inn Express Swansea met your expectations and kept to the HIE standards.

Reviewed 25 August 2014

9 out of 10 stays at HIE, you are guaranteed a no non sense, as stated in the tin, accommodation.
Clean rooms, decent bath amenities, coffee machines, swift and courteous check in, adequate breakfast, comfortable beds for a good nights rest, very spacious rooms - and all this at a pocket friendly price (£75 per night during a bank holiday, last minute booking).
5 stars because compared to the price paid and the value of the entire package, it is unmatched. Yes it is monotonous, and you would be hard pressed to differentiate between another HIE in another city - but it is the consistency that I like.
I do like the boutique B&B's. But at times, especially when we are out the entire day trekking/cycling, all we need is comfortable and clean rooms and this is what they do really well. No gimmicks. No fuss.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank varun_mukthi
JamesM4J43, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Swansea East, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Many thanks for your kind comments regarding your recent stay with us. We are really pleased that you had yet another great stay with us and found everything we offered you was what you expected from the brand.
Once again thank you for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

The comment that wifi is available is an absolute joke..I paid £5 for the increased speed option only for it to 'forget' causing me to spend half an hour on the phone to the technical department who temporarily fixed the issue only for it to revert back to slower than a dial up connection from circa 1997 after about an hour..the staff on the front desk were however helpful after the first incident, I didn't bother reporting the ongoing issue as I couldn't be bothered being palmed off by the call centre technical department..very poor!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Cas D

Many thanks for posting a review regarding your recent stay with us. I am sorry that you had an issue with the wifi at the hotel and the problem has been reported to our internet provider. I am glad, however that you found the staff at the hotel helpful and that they assisted you the best they could with your internet problem.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

I stayed here on business for one night on 19th August.

Check in was smooth with no issues. The room was clean, well maintained and more than adequate.

I ate in the Harvester next door. I have had mixed experiences at Harvester's. If I had read the comments on TA concerning this restaurant, I'd have probably not have gone. However, it was not until after I had eaten there that I read them. I have to say that my experience was very positive.

I cannot speak for the rest of the hotel, but in my room I found the standard free wireless to be pretty slow - this is a pain when you're working.

The bar/dining area felt a little formal. More tables and chairs than comfy seats (there were a few), but this is probably to be expected, given that this area also doubles for breakfast.

Breakfast (in general) was tasty. I arrived just after 8am, and so too did the rest of the hotel it seems. There was a large number of oriental tourists who had, it felt like, taken over the relatively small area. Having been on coach type hotels, I can imagine that they had a time to leave and all told to get breakfast a 8am! It was chaotic.

All in all, still a very good stay. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank CathyM_and_IanJ
Reviewed 18 August 2014

My wife and I had a 3 night stay over the weekend and were very impressed with everything connected to the hotel.very friendly staff, clean rooms comfortable beds. Simple breakfast, you won't get full English but that's a minor grump.
10 minutes from Swansea City centre, the Mumbles and The Gower. Plenty of golf courses, restaurants, bars, we will return soon

Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank Brian D
JamesM4J43, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Swansea East, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay with us. We are pleased that you had a great stay and found the hotel met all your needs and expectations. Once again thank you for the positive feedback and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Llandarcy
Mercure Swansea
#7 of 22 in Swansea
The BlueBell Hotel
The BlueBell Hotel
#1 of 3 in Neath

Been to Holiday Inn Express Swansea East? Share your experiences!