Firstly, I would like to highlight that Arung Hayat didn't follow basic safety measurements whilst transporting their tourist to Mabul.
1. None of our identities were taken down. No information on our passport number, names. Nothing whatsoever. If our boats were to capsize or if one of the tourist were to get lost in the sea.. no one would know who they are because none of us were registered.
2. Half of the tourist on the speed boat had life jackets. Food and gasoline were brought on the boat. and the boat man was clearly smoking while manning the engines that were near the gasoline.
3. The disembarkation of tourist were from the 'teachers' jetty - which is supposed to be for teachers. AND YET, they charged their tourist the 'tourist jetty' fee which was RM2 for local tourist and RM 10 for international tourist. To a few of us, it might just be a small amount. But, allowing this to happen to 1000 tourist - Arung Hayat will be able to collect a fee intended for the utlilization of a proper tourist jetty. This is daylight robbery!!!
Your company should be probed immediately before someone looses his/her life to your poor management and governance!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Live like a locals with Arung Hayat Homestay!! Located just above the sea water, our guesthouse provide clean, nice and comfortable place for you to stay. The beautiful scenery of pulau mabul with its clear blue sea water will surely amaze you. Since its early years as a guesthouse, Arung Hayat has undergone major renovations and improvement. It begins with a single house with 5 rooms but as our guest increased we extended into 10 rooms but over the years our guest keep knocking at our door hence we decided to built more rooms so today we have total 31 rooms already. (Meals are served 3 times a day with unlimited hot drinks). The long houses are built on stilts overlooking the turquoise waters of the Celebes Sea with a splendid sun set view. All rooms have an en-suite bathroom with 3 types selections either fan, Air-conditioned and VIP room. Electricity runs from 6pm to 6am, like in most places on the island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Arung Hayat Sea Adventures reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.