“Nice budget hotel”
Review of KTDC Nandanam

KTDC Nandanam
Ranked #9 of 24 Hotels in Guruvayur
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I along with six of my family members had a nice stay in this temple on 30 June. Booked online and got 3 AC rooms without any hiccups with a 10% off season discount. Even though it was off season for the hotel, there was no such luck at the temple. Especially on 1 July since it was a special day with udayasthamana pooja. Had to wait in the queue for hours to get a glimpse of the God. But that one second was worth the wait and had a good darshan of Him.
The hotel was decent and all facilities were working without any hitch. Especially the hot water facility attached with each room was imperative since there were some senior citizens with us. The restaurant attached with the hotel provides good food (we had both dinner and breakfast here) but was a little costly. The hotel does not have any pickup/drop facility but they outsource it to the able hands of Ashique. This guy is good and quite knowledgeable about the temples around Guruvayoor. He drove us in around and we visited Mammiyoor and Vadakumnathan temple. The fare taken was also cheap. I am very happy about his service.

Room Tip: We stayed in rooms 209 to 211 and all the rooms were decent.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 26 June 2014

We stayed in KTDC Nandanam during July 2011, and I am reviewing this after 3 years. All I can remember about our stay in Nandanam is about inspecting the room for BED BUGS all night

I was ignorant about the pathetic situation about this hotel and booked a deluxe a/c room over telephone, and reached hotel late evening to realize that I made a mistake and it was too late to search for another hotel, and hence we decided to stay. The room was fully infected with bed bugs, bed, mattress, bed sheets, adjacent walls, furniture's, everywhere we spotted big bed bugs crawling. Small spots of dried blood on sheets and wall. We kept all our bags close to the door, leave the lights on and didn't get a wink of sleep.

Few good things, the hotel is walk-able distance to Guruvayur temple and they have a large car parking in front of hotel, guarded and free of cost. The room rates were reasonable. The hotel is safe and good for family.

I will never stay in this Hotel again for my next Guruvayur temple pilgrimage and will never suggest to anyone.

Room Tip: Inspect the room for bed bugs.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Shine_Haridas
Reviewed 18 May 2014

The primary reason I selected this hotel was that this was KTDC and I assumed that there would be a certain standard I could expect given that the pictures could be misleading.

Location- good, very close to the Railway station, ample space around (expected in a small temple town)
Rooms- fairly old but decent enough, old television sets, bathrooms not great...thankfully clean.
Towels and Bedsheets- very old...if you are used to certain levels of hygiene, you will be disappointed.

Overall, it's overpriced by 30% for what it offers.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank SunilPolamuri
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Walkable distance to Guruvayur Temple as well as public transports, The rooms are good and service is OK. You cannot expect top rated service but since the hotel comes under KTDC its definitely value for money.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Sarath080
Reviewed 29 December 2013

I stayed at Nandanam recently with my family for my sisters wedding at Guruvayur. This hotel is close to the railway station and not too far from the temple. It's is located close to shops and restaurants. I have stayed very close to the temple before and for my family this worked well too. The staff at the hotel and the attached restaurant (pure veg) really helped in whatever way possible to make our stay possible.

The rooms and bathroom/toilets are clean and are maintained daily. We stayed in the air conditioned room and although it had initial working issues, it was sorted on request. The restaurant has a simple yet tasty vegetarian menu.

I would like to single out the following staff who went out of their way to help - Satyajit, Akhil and Bijith. Also a call out to Ashiq who operates a cab service and had a reasonably priced service and helped us during the multiple trips required for the wedding and afterwards.

Overall, we had a good stay and I would recommend this place. There is some renovations in progress which they've clearly called out on their site.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Rajesh N
Reviewed 18 December 2013

I stayed Nandanam with my family (C/O Rajesh.K.Nair) and relatives from Dec 3 to Dec 7. The rooms are very good, neat and clean. The toilet was also spacious and clean with 24 hr hot water. Room service was exellent and the staff (Akhil,Vijith, Danny and Dileep) were very helpful and guided us to various nearby places of interest. The restaurant in the hotel has limited varieties but the taste is vrey good. Over all a nice place stay, away from the temple and crowd, good parking space and the hotel is located near to the railway station.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 December 2013

We stayed in the Hotel Nandanam for a day on 25-Nov-2013. We booked the hotel after reading few reviews on the internet that it was a good value for money hotel. Yes its value for money. Decently maintained. The toilet was also spacious and clean with 24 hr hot water. room service was good and the staff very helpful and friendly. Even though the restaurant in the hotel has limited varieties, it serves very good Kerala food. It located away from the temple crowd. And it has ample parking space and temple is almost 1 kms away and can be reached by walk.
I would like to rate it as very good as compared to other options in Guruvayur.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends