All reviews presidential suite coconut trees capsule lift very comfortable room cooperative staff guruvayur temple separate veg and non veg basement parking the hotel staff nice hotel pleasant stay compared to other hotels room service complimentary breakfast food quality restaurant service three rooms
Reviewed 28 January 2018

This is my second visit to Kanoos residency. I had selected this hotel due to the awesome service experienced during my first time visit. I had selected the same superior room which I booked first time for my family (me, my wife and my baby). During the booking, I made a mistake by entering the total number of adults as 1 only. The price for superior room was same even if I choose 1 or 2 adult as its a double room. I had called makemytrip to correct the number of adults and they told me to contact hotel directly and inform them about this. Immediately I contacted Kanoos residency and informed them and asked if they can accommodate 2 adults in superior room and they said its ok. Note that I had stayed here at August in same superior room in same price with my family (The room rent was around 2500). I paid 2500 bucks this time as well for the superior room. I had reached hotel and check in was quick and the staff informed me that there wont be any room service. So we had to take the whole luggage by ourself. Last time as there was no room boy, the receptionist staff helped us to take the luggage. Now as soon as we reached the room I got a call from reception saying that I need to pay 800 bucks additional for extra bed. I was wondering why I need to pay 800 bucks for extra bed when there is no extra person for a superior room. Even I had called them before reaching hotel regarding the mistake in number of persons mentioned during booking time and they said its ok. Now they just want the amount for extra bed and was not listening to what I was saying. I had reminded them multiple times that I had stayed there in same room with my family 6 months ago for the same amount. They said they will accommodate two adults in superior room for same price, but as its not mentioned in print out, they will charge for extra bed for sure. Anyway I had paid them for the extra bed as I do not want to ruin my trip for this amount and informed them that this will be my final visit to Kanoos residency. They were not bothered about anything else and just need the amount for extra bed. So for 2 adults superior room, I had paid around 3300 bucks (where the real amount is 2500). Apart from this, when we reached the room, we found the balcony was locked with key. We were not able to open the balcony . The TV was showing "waiting for signal" whole time". Need to mention that last time, the receptionist came with us and opened the room and confirmed that everything was working. This time no one bothered to care the guests and they were simply handling the smart card to us saying that the room is located in 5th floor. I felt like I'm staying in some cheap tourist home and not in 3 star hotel. Also they did not provide the free wifi access with smart card. The wifi access details was included with smart card when I visited last time. You can ready my first review here and see the difference in their service now https://www.tripadvisor.in/ShowUserReviews-g1137974-d1216645-r521530585-Kanoos_Residency-Guruvayur_Thrissur_District_Kerala.html#CHECK_RATES_CONT . So from next time onwards, I wont choose Kanoos residency and do not recommend to anyone due to the poor service.

Room tip: Located very near to Guruvayoor temple (around 400m)
Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank ArunSreekumar
Reviewed 15 January 2018 via mobile

Nothing evaluate as a three star Hotel

The staff is very unprofessional non courteous.

Rooms size is ok bathrooms are small.Basic toiletries are provided.

The first room we stayed the ac wasnt working and also bathroom flush was repair the whole room was stinkingwere after requesting shifted to another room immediately and was ok. Not much further hickups.

I would never like to stay there again and suggest others to look for better hotels almost for same price.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank loveguruBangalore
Reviewed 11 January 2018

We stayed at this hotel as a big wedding party. the stay was smooth, the hotel and rooms were clean and tidy, the food was tasty and the hospitality of the staff was pleasant. overall, we had a perfect, trouble free stay there.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 5 January 2018

From Kochi Airport, Guruvayur is @ 80 kms. Road between Kochi and Guruvayur is mostly single lane. It took 2.5 hrs to reach Hotel 'Kanoo's Residency'.
Kanoo's Residency is about 1 km from Temple complex. Hotel has single to group occupancy room. Rooms are fairly large. There is no individual water heater in bathroom and hot water is supplied from common source, hence could get Luke warm water in the afternoon. Hotel has restaurant serving, Veg. & Non Veg. Food quality and quantity was good for money charged. Stayed in Hotel for one night before leaving for Munnar.
Guruvayur is a Krishna (Vishnu) temple. There is dress code for visiting Guruvayur temple. Gents have to wear 'Dhoti' and Ladies either Saree or Salawar Kamiz. No pants are allowed.
Temple opens at 1630 hrs for evening darshan, and usually there will be 'Q' for darshan. Sanctum Santorum is lit with traditional oil lamps and does not have electric lamps. Evening, temple outer walls are lit with thousands of small oil lamps and it is a quite impressive and spiritual experience. Traditional temple music is played in the evening. There is open air auditorium in temple complex, where traditional dance (Bharatnatyam) is performed in the evening.
It is said pilgrimage to this temple is complete only after visit to nearby Shiva temple at Mamiyoor. This is 1 Km away from Guruvayur temple.
Overall a divine experience.

Room tip: Though Hotel is located near temple, it is quiet. Double occupancy rooms are fairly large.
Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 January 2018

Very close to the Guruvayur temple for which the place is famous about. Clean, big rooms with all facilities, gym and basement parking. In room services are good. Food is great with almost all cuisines. Beach is at a close distance of 5 Kms for a beautiful sunset view. Overall good stay and cooperative staff.

Room tip: Standard deluxe room works fine for two with all amenities.
Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Kanoos, General Manager at Kanoos Residency, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time and sharing your feedback.

As a valued guest, we appreciate your feedback and are delighted to hear that you had a great stay. With a spirit to serve, we take great pride in not only meeting, but exceeding your expectations.

Your feedback is integral to our ability to continue to improve our service.

Thank you again for your time and come visit us again soon!

Warm Regards,