“Tasty lunch with lovely views”

The Craster Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 5 Restaurants in Craster
Price range: US$6 - US$28
Cuisines: Seafood, British, Soups
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Local cuisine, View, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Tasty lunch with lovely views”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

Whilst on holiday in the area we popped in to this restaurant for lunch.
Lots of delicious fishy things on the menu, and quite a few for those who don't fancy fish.
My husband chose the kippers and I had the tuna and red onion sandwich. The kippers came with a little basket of artisan breads and was a large portion.
The service was very friendly but quite slow. The views over the harbour are great.
The place was clean and good value for money.

Mansfield Notts
“14 Happy Diners!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

I booked in advance a couple of months ago due to us being a party of 14 and having read previous reviews on Tripadvisor I thought it advisable. I also asked for menus to be emailed so we could pre-order
We had a wonderful evening. We had come away for a long weekend for my husbands 50th Birthday and wanted to make the Saturday evening special for him and I'm so glad I booked this Restaurant. The service we received was excellent and the waiter and waitress were so friendly and down to earth, nothing was too much trouble for them. I know we were a bit rowdy but they weren't phased too much by us all. We were just having a wonderful time and have made some lovely memories of this place.
The food was excellent and everything was presented beautifully , we all had different dishes and everyone's looked amazing.
I can definitely recommend the kippers and Halibut but the fish, chips and mushy peas looked lovely, and according to some of the party tasted lovely too.
I can fully recommend Craster Fish Restaurant.

1 Thank harleygirl247
England
“Everything was perfect!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

Dined here on Saturday night with my husband and teenage son. Unfortunately we were 45 minutes late for our booking & although I'd rung to explain, I wasn't sure the message had been received so we were a bit worried when we arrived as I knew they were also catering for a large party that night. Well the staff could not have been nicer and immediately put us at our ease - "don't worry, we got your message, it's fine, it's Saturday night, all you have to do is relax & enjoy yourself!"

From then on the night just got better & better. The service was faultless, attentive, warm & helpful. The food (mainly fish obviously) was amazing. We all had three courses & it was all delicious. Completely fresh & great attention to detail. What more can I say other than if you manage to get a window seat (which unfortunately we didn't, so I guess you need to book early for that as I only booked a couple of days before) the views out to sea are superb.

2 Thank HFMTB
Bingley, United Kingdom
“Fantastic fish!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

2 visits in a week to this excellent restaurant. Yes, the first time there were issues with service due to an inexperienced member of staff, but the staff were honest about the problems and reduced the bill accordingly without being asked. The second visit was problem-free, and on both occasions the food could not be faulted. The seafood pot was superb and huge! The Portuguese bread and butter pudding amazing! The staff were friendly and knowledgeable. Highly recommended.

Lancashire, United Kingdom
“Highly recommended!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

This was a lovely experience, lovely friendly staff, excellent food, my partner described it as the "best fish he has ever tasted" I've been here over 10 years ago and it is still as good. I would not hesitate to go back to sample some more delights. Turn up early or book in advance to ensure you don't miss out.