“Portuguese Steak and Ale pie!”

Monica's Restaurant
Reserve with
Monica's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 10 Restaurants in Vale do Lobo
Price range: US$17 - US$58
Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

The setting is quirky but the food is excellent. We visited twice during a seven day holiday.
The menu is a mixture of Portuguese and English Gastro Pub - Tapas, Steak & Ale Pie, Beef Wellington, Sticky Toffee Pudding, Bread & Butter Pudding plus much more - all perfectly cooked!
Owner and staff are all very friendly.
Would definitely go back.

Reviewed 15 July 2017

This was a surprise my son booked for mine and my husbands 50th birthdays the staff were sooo friendly and open telling us about the history of the place when we asked.
It was nice to go to a restaurant that had more than the usual steak chicken fish and seafood.
The even had mummas home made steak and ale pie with gravy.
We even had candles in our desserts for our birthday and they sung to us nice touch.
Lovely atmosphere would come again. Cannot be helpful with the price as I wasn't allowed to pay.

Reviewed 15 July 2017

I visited Monica's while in Portugal on business and found this place to be a real treat.
The food was superb and I don't thing one of our large party had a duffer, probably one of the best fillet steaks I've enjoyed!
The layout of the restaurant is hard to describe, relaxed, colourful, eclectic and the best use of builders pallets I've seen.
Great service, great food!

Reviewed 9 July 2017

Our second visit of the year, 2 visits this time, all I can say is everything is just as super as all the other times, from your greeting from Luis to the food it is nothing but excellent.Luis,Monica, family and staff have it down to a fine art- not forced just wanting to give you an enjoyable experience. You must if you are in the area give Monicas a try, make sure you book. You will have a super time

Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

Brilliant grub. Super wine. A must eat attraction in the area. Wine and bill for two posted below.

Jubly