“not to rush to”

Ranked #26 of 67 Restaurants in Benfleet
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 20 June 2015

Not a place for a night out. seemed un friendly
Seemed dirty ,untidy and unkempt.
Tables dirty so did not eat.

1  Thank mxnic

Reviewed 3 May 2015 via mobile

Oh dear popped in for a drink & something to eat / see there was a new menu so we thought we would give it a go / there were only 2 barmaids working on what was a very busy saturday night ? The poor ladies were rushed off there feet which resulted in piles of glasses & plates being left on tables long after people had vacated/ food took ages to arrive as the guy seemed to be working on his own ? I have been coming here for 30yrs it is always busy in here just needs more staff to cope with demand / it's probably a brewery decision re - staff but please sort it out

1  Thank dean s
Reviewed 8 April 2015 via mobile

We only have ourselves to blame really. After a series of poor meals at the Zach we gave them one more chance.

Mistake.

The pub was being run by two 16 year old looking boys and a girl who, give her her credit, knows what she is doing. We began by ordering a round which came to to £8.61. We paid with £9. The boy serving dropped the pound on his way to the till and quickly came back requesting the extra money. We suggested he looked on the floor for the money.

We then ordered food. Four meals. We were told the food would be 30 minutes. 35 minutes later we were told they didn't have an item on the menu. We ordered a replacement. Again, they didn't have what we wanted. I then asked for a "beef burger". "Single or double?" I was asked. "Double please".

After another 20 minutes, over an hour after ordering, the food came up. My beef burger came out as a chicken burger. I told them I had asked for a beef burger, to which I was told "you asked for double, we only do double chicken burgers". Brilliant.

On top of this the chicken wings were cold. One bit and I instantly felt ill. We had to send the food back.

A disaster of a night down the pub. Without a doubt the worst food I have ever had at any dining experience.

Avoid.

1  Thank Baileytheblue
Reviewed 13 March 2015

always enjoy our lunch on fridays. good food at good prices , staff always polite and helpful, very friendly pub . has had some great entertainment recently , accommodating for all ages

Reviewed 10 March 2015

We thought we would try here again as very local to us. Have not visited for quite a few years, and can probably remember why. We knew they had a recent refit and felt worth a try. I couldn't see any changes, and made our way to the raised dining area. We looked at each other, looked around, prised our arms off the sticky residue on the table and decided no. We cant comment on the food, as never got this far. Such a shame as just within walking distance for us, but feel unlikely to go here again.

1  Thank Paul E