“Great Food, Great Dining”
Review of Rococo - CLOSED

Rococo
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 31 July 2013

After a great evening meal last week I returned today & tried the lunch menu, the Chicken supreme was fantastic & I would highly recommend Rococo as excellent value for a fine dining experience

Reviewed 26 July 2013

We had a party of 18 to celebrate a 50th birthday - we were recommended the private room upstairs which we thought would be good idea! How wrong could we be!! The room is hampered by a large chimney breast in the middle (three people were actually seated facing the brickwork!!!!) It was extremely hot and stuffy the staff were very unhelpful and rude. We rearranged the seats ourselves and asked to open the windows and the staff reluctantly found an air conditioning unit, our whole evening had been ruined by the lack of care from staff - we felt we were a nuisance to them! The food took forever to be served, we sat down t 7.30 but starters arrived a 8.45!!! We are so disappointed with this restaurant, the downstairs is beautiful but the upstairs is smelly, damp and not a nice place to spend an evening!! Do not book!

2  Thank JanWickford
Reviewed 24 July 2013

Met friends mid-week for a meal out at Rococo's, and WOW! As a sea food lover, I'm always worried about it being over-cooked and over-seasoned....not the case here! It was beautiful...my starter of locally sourced crab was to die for! It had a supplement of £3, but is really a small price to pay for that extra touch of quality.

The main was pan fried cod, with asparagus and chorizo...again cooked to perfection, moist and full of flavour. There was plenty of choice on the menu for all tastes, and the portion sizes satisfied even the hungriest of the group.

The service was attentive, but at the same time, unhurried, allowing us all time to enjoy the meal and surroundings. It was a lovely hot summers day, and the restaurant was able to open its whole frontage up to allow a lovely cool breeze.

Mid-week special offers made this meal out an absolute quality bargain!!!

Reviewed 21 July 2013

I visited rococo last week for the first time and was impressed with the high standard of food and calm relaxed atmosphere. My starter of Brie wedges was delicious and was also something I've never had before anywhere else. My main of pan fried cod with asparagus and new potatoes was cooked perfectly and the portion was just the right size. We also had bread with dips to start which was a nice touch too. The service could not be faulted and our waitress was very friendly, gave advice on the menu, told us the specials, and was very attentive checking we were happy with the food. All in all this was a very enjoyable meal and I will be recommending it to others!

Reviewed 5 July 2013

Rococo has always produced good quality food, at reasonable prices, and I have dined there many many times. Recently, a large group of us went to the restaurant on a fully booked Friday evening. Although the drink service wasn't particularly up to scratch, the waitress was attentive, and was trying her best to keep us with the demands of our table, as well as others. Extra staff definitely needed for busy nights!!!!! All the food came out piping hot and was very tasty to the palate, although several comments were that the portion sizes were smaller than other restaurants in the area. Another pointer would be the quality of the bread and olives. They weren't up to the standards you can receive elsewhere...not a complaint, more of a comparison to other places I've eaten at in Leigh. I would say that something to identify the staff, as a staff member would also add to the class of the establishment...perhaps waistcoats with a simple embroidered 'R' to the chest pocket area?? I also feel that the presence of a manager/manageress or Maitre'D would help with the general running of Rococos. This restaurant is well worth a visit, and is very good value, both during the week and at weekends. Go find out for yourselves!

1  Thank Filled-up14