“Superb food, excellent value”
Review of Rococo - CLOSED

Rococo
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Sunday lunch at a leisurely pace, with excellent food. Good menu choices, nice ambience, and friendly service. Good value too.

Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

Our first visit to this restaurant last night was fantastic. Service was great and the dishes were amazing. We will definately be returning very soon

Reviewed 31 October 2013

Having been to Rococos three times before and never having a bad meal, booked for wifes birthday with two friends, starters were small but very nice, main meals two rib eye steaks , baked cod and rack of lamb. My friend and I had medium rare steaks on arrival I stated to friend, 'what no steak knives?', he replied with ribeye steak any knife will do. Two mouthfuls later unedible, complained to waiter who took plates away, 5 minutes later brought them back and said, 'what would you like instead?': We deciced to have rack of lamb, 25 minutes later the two wifes having finished their meals decided enough was enough and asked for the bill. At this stage was presented with a bill for £120, they said as we had eaten half of our meal and we will be charged the full amount. Not wanting to cause a scene explained we were disappointed as we were there to celebrate a special occasion and was surprised that no-one apologised or explained that we would have to wait so long after a discussion we settled the most part of our bill and left,never again

3  Thank tottiboy
Reviewed 29 October 2013 via mobile

It was good to hear that Rococo was open again for Sunday Lunches, so I booked as a treat for my wife as break from cooking Sunday family roasts and we were not disappointed, we were seated upstairs in the private dining area which had an intimate atmosphere, we both had the French onion soup to start followed by the roast beef which was cooked to perfection & as we couldn't decide on which of the deserts the waitress suggested a small potion of each as a tasting medley as she described it, I have to say the staff were very pleasant & attentive which contributed to a very nice Sunday afternoon lunch. We would highly recommend a visit.

Reviewed 25 October 2013

We booked this restaurant for Tuesday 22nd October for my Graduation meal with family and friends.
My mum surprised me by giving the restaurant balloons and banners to decorate our table. The restaurant were more than willing to decorate for me which we appreciated, although they said we could not have sprinkles on the table as they stick to the table cloths, turns out they don't even use them but to be fair, that is the only negative thing I have to say.
Pre-ordering was a bit of a pain as we had a large amount of people I understand however the restaurant used this to give out the food as we had all forgotten what we ordered. Food came out at the same time, all piping hot :)
Beautiful food, amazing presentation, cheap as chips and the staff were incredibly helpful and willing to go the extra mile. The two ladies working that night deserve a raise!! They bought out a cake for me, and even cut it up for everyone and put it in napkins for my guests to take home.
We were so chuffed I gave them both a piece of cake to take home... and that is not like me!!
Thank you for making a special day a little more perfect. Would definitely recommend!!