“Lovely lunch”

The Sand Bar & Seafood Co. Ltd.
Reserve with OpenTable
The Sand Bar & Seafood Co. Ltd. is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 153 Restaurants in Leigh-on Sea
Cuisines: British
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Sand Bar & Seafood Co. has been apart of the Leigh Community for 15 years. We're a family run Restaurant with a love of Seafood. Everyday we learn some new, even after all these years, but we always have the ultimate aim of improving ourselves. We are Doggy friendly, and your pooch is welcome in our Downstairs Bar & Restaurant Area.We have a Wedding Licence and have held many weddings here. We have an upstairs Restaurant, which is used for many kinds of special occasions, Birthdays, Funerals, Business dinners, Company Events, Charities evenings, Film nights, Fashion Shows, Plays, Cooking Classes,Dance Classes & many other events. We haven't had a Doggy Fashion Show yet, but give us time!
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Had a very nice herring salad and crayfish risotto with sugo. Both really excellent. Very large portions ( you could share the risotto for lunch) and a nice atmosphere. Excellent value for 13.99 at weekends and 11.99 evenings etc.

Service was a bit chaotic and they got it wrong a couple of times but the owners etc are very friedly and not a major issue at all.

Would highly recommend the dishes above and a visit.

ourword, Owner at The Sand Bar & Seafood Co. Ltd., responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Thank you for your kind review, hopefully next time we will get the full 5 dots!! so we must improve and work harder. Take Care Louise

Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Wow what a great night.booked the Sand Bar for sat night for my birthday. For 40 plus friends and family. Love this place really great venue really chilled atmosphere. A big thank you to Louise and all her staff and special thank you to Jo and all bar staff who made this such a great night for all.the live music worked really well not only for our party also. Others who were they, had some lovely comments throughout evening. The food was excellent and very well presented. A top venue for my 50th. And a very big thank you to all that made this such a great night friends and staff. Gary.

It was our pleasure to look after such an adorable customer, congratulations on being 50, sorry I didn't come down and give you a Birthday Kiss, but next time. Thank you Louise

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Four of us really enjoyed lunch at the Sandbar yesterday. The mostly fish-based menu was very varied with many dishes included in the two courses for £13.99 offer. Our food was excellent, well- presented and good value as was the wine. The service was friendly without being intrusive and the candlelit room smart but cosy. There was a pleasant atmosphere with some people drinking at the bar and others eating. The toilets were very smart and clean.
Our friends were impressed and we would all certainly look forward to returning.

So sorry I have taken a while to thank you for your really kind review. So from all of us here at The Sand Bar, Thank you. take care Louise

Reviewed 13 April 2014

We went with friends for the first time on a Friday evening, very buzzy, fantastic food wine sensible prices nice atmosphere, waitress really nice and informative.
As a result I met with friends whom I had not seen for a while, and visited on a Saturday lunchtime in April, what a difference, empty on arrival, the same waitress, but on this occasion completely cheerless, waited almost an hour for food to arrive, starters came up with the main meal no further contact throughout, not asked if coffee or pudding was required, struggled to get someone's attention to actually pay.
Really disappointed as i was looking forward to taking my friends there.

2  Thank Harry H
ourword, Owner at The Sand Bar & Seafood Co. Ltd., responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Gosh, I am so upset about this review, I hope you don't mind but I have contacted you direct via trip advisor for a few more details so I know to speak directly to the waitress in question; regarding your unfortunate 2nd visit. I have already spoken to the Manager & Assistant manager, and there will be a few words spoken to all members of staff. One of the young ladies that work Saturday lunch left early as she wasn't well, I know that isn't an excuse.
We're never empty Saturday lunchtime, on average we do 40 to 60 for lunch, so I am guessing you must have been early. I have spoken to the Kitchen, and they do not recall being late on sending the food, some foods do take 15mins to 20mins to cook.
I can only apologise, and if you visit us again please ask for me, and I will come and buy you a drink. take care and thank you Louise

Reviewed 23 March 2014

Excellent food, great service, and good value for money. I love this restaurant and have often visited and enjoyed it. I decided to take my parents as they had never been before. The service was very warm and friendly on arrival, and they remembered I had asked to bring a dog with me. The food was absolutely sensational - the trout and brown shrimp pate was out of this world! Clam linguine was amazing too, and great wine selection. Thank you for a lovely evening. Also for 4 people to have 2 courses, wine, a pudding to share and coffees under £80 is brilliant.

ourword, Owner at The Sand Bar & Seafood Co. Ltd., responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Thank you so much your review really got across so many things that people don't notice. We work really hard to keep the prices low, and it really makes me happy when someone has appreciated that. take care and let me cuddle your doggy next time. Louise