“Excellent place to go, would recomment”

Sandbank Restaurant
Ranked #19 of 142 Restaurants in Leigh-on Sea
Cuisines: British, European
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Benfleet, United Kingdom
“Excellent place to go, would recomment”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2012

Just been here for our christmas meal and really enjoyed it. Food was amazing, could have eaten it all again, lovely restaurant, only downside is the wine is quite pricey, over £16 for house white

1 Thank xkatie84x

Leigh-on-Sea
“Seems to be heading downhill”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2011

We have visited this restaurant 4 or 5 times over the past two years and have always been very pleased. However, on this occasion we were very disappointed. It would be unfair to say that the food was awful, but in comparison with past meals it was distinctly ordinary. There are very few decent restaurants in this area, and it would now seem that regrettably Sandbank is set to slip into the same mediocrity as its competitors.

Visited December 2011
1 Thank ArthurWinkle
Panama City, Panama
“OK, found another one!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2011

Life was getting quite boring in Southend, once you've done Roslin, Toulouse, Manoly's Miller and Carters, Simply Fish, you are starting to run out of top flight places. Last Sunday my family ageing mum, my 12 year old daughter and the Mrs. popped into Sandbank on the off chance. We had seen it from the London Road in Leigh and it looked inviting. Without doubt the best and most attentive service we have had for a long time, and the food was superb. They REALLY take care with vegetarians (86 year old mum) and are prepared to cook especially for them (she was thrilled). As we all tucked into our soup, we all looked up at the same time in awe! My mum's vegetarian soup was great and the chef took the time to come out himself and explain not to go for the root veg soup as it had chicken stock in it, he said he would prepare something different. My main... Chicken wrapped in Parma ham stuffed with mushrooms must have been excellent, because I'm writing this a week later and I can recall it perfectly. My daughter went for Pork, she said it was better than every other restaurant in southend! so there you have 12 years old right through to 86 and ALL compliments. If I really had to find a fault.... No Malbec! The only possible way I could fault this restaurant is that they didnt have my favourite tipple! SUPERB!

• Visited November 2011
Essex
“Lost its Glitter?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2011

We took another couple with us for Sunday lunch to celebrate a birthday. The starters were un-inspiring. The beef in my main course was very thin and reminded me of those original TV dinners from Bird's Eye. The dessert was their 'special occasion cake', unfortunately the name of the birthday girl was spelt incorrectly and I had to remind them about bringing it out several times, which rather spoilt the surprise!
The portions were very small overall. The staff were friendly but the service was incredibly slow, despite the place being half empty. It took two hours to get what was basically a two course meal plus an already prepared cake for dessert.
The whole experience was 'tired', matched by the scruffy exterior with the weed filled planters by the entrance.

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank EssexRusty
London, United Kingdom
“Beautiful unfussy food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2011

took a friend for Her birthday, after whittling down choices so she could have a steak somewhere(i only eat fish or Veg options)
choose here as seemed best of boths, we turned up and must of only been second guests to arrive, small place but feels comfortably sized and has a large room to the back for functions.
we both had 3 courses, i had the crispy prawns, simple and yummy with some lovely flavours i could taste and i choose the bass with saffron butter and crayfish sauce nicely presented.
my friend had calves liver and said it was very nice, she finished with baileys brulee and i had cheese and biscuits.
think it was excellent value for money and i felt the staff were attentive and cant wait to return here!!

• Visited November 2011