“First time for dinner - Perfect!”
Review of The Grove

The Grove
Ranked #5 of 143 Restaurants in Leigh-on Sea
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Contemporary
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Contemporary and informal bistro style restaurant open 7 days a week for breakfast, lunch or just delicious coffees and cake. Plus 3 evenings for dinner (Thurs*, Fri & Sat - *Apr-Dec). Fully licensed to serve alcohol with meals with an excellent range of wines not found anywhere else in the area.Food cooked with passion, flair and imagination with plenty of options for vegetarians. From warm salads to juicy burgers, Thai curries to flatbread type sandwiches. Specials on the blackboards change every couple of days to keep things interesting.We pride ourselves on looking after all our customers and will do all we can especially for those with dietary needs/allergies.Our evening menu starts at 7pm
“First time for dinner - Perfect!”
Reviewed 1 February 2013 via mobile

Had to write a review whilst it was fresh in my mind. Had such a lovely meal tonight for my husbands birthday. Had the red mullet with chorizo and fennel was excellent. Two small bones in mine but nothing to moan about. Means it is fresh :) it is the best fish dish I have had out in ages! Really flavoursome. Everyone loved their meals and my husband said the burger was excellent. Really lovely aptmosphere. The thing I love about the grove is the relaxed aptmoshere. They don't rush you. You get the table for the whole evening and the service is spot on without them being over bearing as I can't bear being hassled by wait staff. They were on hand whenever we wanted without pestering us constantly. The guy in there - not sure of his name- manager for the evening is the star of the show. I noticed him a few times managing the other waitresses subtly and his politeness and service is a real credit to this place he wished my hubbie a happy birthday and was very personable.
We will deffo be back I think the fact we were in here three hours says it all.
Well done!

LouiseP23, Owner at The Grove, responded to this review, 6 February 2013
It is always so nice to hear of new guests having a wonderful experience with us and we are delighted that your meal and the service you received met and even exceeded your expectations.

Many thanks and we look forward to seeing much more of you.

Louise and Delvin (Pitt)

“It was ok.”
Reviewed 27 January 2013 via mobile

Me and my gf went for lunch here, we have being befor, but about a year ago my meal was nice but my gf meal was not that nice at all. she had a beef bugger. All the time we walk past the restaurant its busy so we fault we go back again and give it one more try. Well I wish we didnt this time my mean was bad I had a steak sandwich with red onions it was ok I wasnt wow very dry.

But this time my gf like her meal lol you just cant win.
service was very good and drink and food good value.

1 Thank lippy123
LouiseP23, Owner at The Grove, responded to this review, 6 February 2013
Thank you for your recent review. However I was both surprised and disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your steak sandwich and that you appear to have found it dry. We use 30 day aged sirloin steak which is thinly cut and is served with mature cheddar, a Dijon mustard mayonnaise & red onions . You only mentioned the red onions in your review so I am wondering if you asked for the mayo and cheese to be omitted - in this case I would think the dish could taste dry. Had you mentioned that you weren't entirely happy at the time we would have changed and/or replaced the item with no problem whatsoever. But there is little we can do after the event.

Hopefully you will visit again.
London, United Kingdom
“Nice”
Reviewed 26 January 2013

We went to The Grove for my wifes birthday on a Friday evening. We booked in advance the only times they had were 7:15 or 7:45 which was a good sign. We took the earlier time. When we arrived it was fairly empty but filled up later on. I don't think my wife was impressed as she mentioned that it was a 'Cafe', I can understand her confusion as on the window it does say 'Cafe/Restaurant'. Service was good as was the food. We shared dips with Turkish flat bread to start. A haddock and chips and a pork belly with red cabbage with mash as mains (pics attached). No desserts, we could have crammed some in but we had birthday cake waiting at home. two bottles of cider and two JD's and coke, total £51. I only gave it an overall of 4 as the chips with the haddock were from a packet, we were expecting home made but it wouldn't stop us going back again.

1 Thank Klaw0306
Essex
“Amazing food and great atmosphere!”
Reviewed 20 January 2013

My boyfriend and I had dinner at The Grove and loved it! Everyone was so friendly and attentive. We will definitely be returning soon!

Leigh-on Sea, United Kingdom
“Nice Lunch,good service”
Reviewed 18 January 2013

Visited The Grove for lunch, sat down at nice table with winter sun shining through glass.Very nice and good service,food very good .