“Rip off”

Price range: US$4 - US$13
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Went in today with my daughter we both brought a slice of cake to take away. They look lovely and at £3.20 for a slice they should be. My daughter was not as fresh as it could be and they could not cut it any smaller if they did you would be left with a crumb a small one at that. If you don't want to be ripped keep away.

7  Thank patricia503790

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

This place had a friendly feel about it, staff are helpful but it is extremely popular on Sunday mornings.
My daughter and I snagged the last table inside on a rainy Sunday, glad to be comforted by delicious tea, scrummy breakfast and then the lure of marvellous take home cake for an afternoon treat.
Brightened up our day for sure.

1  Thank Marylynda
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Amazing carrot cake with brilliant tea was had. This place is the best in South Essex for this sort of laid back Parisian style cafe which has the best cakes in town. Service is quick and attentive despite the huge crowds it draws in. Well worth a visit time and time again.

1  Thank BobbyDavro27
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I visited this cafe today for a second time today. The first being when I bought some cake for my birthday back in June 2014, I was irritated as they forced me to spend more money than I needed to, due to not due accepting my debit card because of the value of the transaction. Considering the volume of customers and the prices charged I personally felt this was unnecessary.

Today I returned for brunch. I ordered a carafe of what they called " freshly squeezed orange juice on the menu" this was delivered to my table in a carafe with ice in it, which I never asked for. I have dined in many establishments and work in an environment where food is served I know fully well what freshly squeezed orange juice is and this was orange juice which was not freshly squeezed. It tasted like pasteurised orange juice from a carton.
When I complained the waitress insisted it was freshly squeezed, before I knew it the manager was at my table and confirmed it was freshly squeezed admitting that it gets delivered from a location away from the restaurant. Well sorry but then it's not freshly squeezed. Perhaps one thinks I'm being pathetic but when you are being charged nearly £3 for a small carafe filled with ice and orange juice that tasted anything but freshly squeezed and a manager who insists they are right, it is annoying as I felt embarrassed being approached in front of other customers. I know as I too work in service, just accept that the customer is not happy and offer to take the drink away and offer them another drink which I was only too happy to pay for.
No they are right I am wrong end of not good service at all plus they are slow. I will not visit them again.

3  Thank Luigi-on-Sea
Vicki T, Owner at Stop The World Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2014

If you could contact me personally, so as to resolve this situation and to assure you that 100% customer satisfaction is our aim
info@stoptheworldcafe.com
Vicki Thomson

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Heard so many things about the Cafe, we thought we must give it a try. We were not disappointed. Service was a little slow, but they were really very busy and as the day was so lovely, we sat outside and watched the world go by. My Tuna Melt Pannini was the best I have had in a long while. Cakes were relish too!

1  Thank wellswoolley