“Great bar food, venue and drinks” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ugo's Cafe Bar
Ranked #109 of 142 Restaurants in Leigh-on Sea
Cuisines: Bar, Contemporary
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Drinks, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Ugos is a family run cafe-bar, well established for 17 years in Leigh on sea with a relaxed environment, good music, great food, especially our homemade Hamburgers and healthy salads. Our fantastic new cocktail menu, serving Mojitos with fresh mint and limes and delicious Espresso Martinis are made by our fantastic team of bar staff.We take all the orders for food and drink from the bar and we also have plenty of outside space to sit too.We look forward to welcoming you. Pop in for a coffee and say hello.
Southend-on-Sea
“Great bar food, venue and drinks”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

Over a year since my last review and had a fair few trips here since. As I've said in previous reviews, really like it here and ere is always a great mix of people. Nice beers on tap, good value wine and prosseco and good seating outdoors.

Magic dust chicken chilli wrap is really good, as is the burger and fries. If is not fine dining but that's not what you would go for and for what it is is and where it is, it is reasonably priced.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank crash1981
Emma D, Owner at Ugo's Cafe Bar, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Thank you for you sincerely written review - or should I say reviews?! We were all delighted to read what you had written. New menu for you to try is coming soon and we are improving our outside seating area. You are most welcome anytime - please say hello next time so I can thank you personally. James

london
“Can't comment on food but service terrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

Called in for breakfast on Saturday never having been before. At 11 o'clock there were 2 tables and no staff so we sat down, the atmosphere was non existent, it appeared closed but we were hungry, 5 minutes later still no sign of a staff member so I walked towards the kitchen where I spotted 2 waitresses drinking tea, 1 acknowledged me with a look of disdain but still hungry I ignored it and walked back to the table, the waitress remained drinking her tea! We gave her a minute but still she stayed away so we walked out and shouted a cheery goodbye and thank you while the waitress raised her mug and finally acknowledged us. Shame, but we had a lovely breakfast around the corner at Went to Market.

Visited May 2014
17 Thank neilic
Emma D, Owner at Ugo's Cafe Bar, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
I must point out to you that we don't have waitress/waiter service - ALL ordering is placed at the bar. Although this is not obvious to new customers unless there are people standing getting served at the bar. I was very concerned the two girls did not greet you and were not aware that you seemingly did not know protocol. They have both been shown your review. It was a misunderstanding. Thank you for bringing your experience to our attention. This being your first review on TA I hope that any future misunderstandings you may experience elsewhere don't result in judgemental and damaging reviews.
Leigh-on Sea, United Kingdom
“Great evening out”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

We live in Leigh and have visited ugos on many occasions, sometimes for coffee or lunch, but not usually at night , however we had a lovely evening recently and the ugos burger is certainly worth trying. The wine we had was chilled, great flavour and not overpriced, we will return to this great local bar.

1 Thank Midwife49
Emma D, Owner at Ugo's Cafe Bar, responded to this review, 3 May 2014
Hello and thank you for taking the time to write positively from all the team at Ugo's. I am glad you came to visit at night as its often different to the day (gets very busy at the weekends) and happy you enjoyed your time here. Our burger is the result of many days spent improving and striving for the best. Our menu is all set to change soon so hopefully you will be able to enjoy some new soon-to-be favourites. Thank you once again and please say hello next time you are in so I can thank you personally. James
essex
“Consistently good food and pleasant service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

We visit Ugo's fairly regularly and have never failed to receive good quality food and drink. I think this is evidenced by the fact that it is usually busy with people eating and drinking and looking as if they are enjoying themselves.

We have enjoyed a number of dishes on the menu and particularly appreciate that iced coffee is served - not too many places seem to do this! We love the burgers and have enjoyed breakfast there too. My husband also particularly enjoys the music that is played. Incidentally we have always found Sandra to be friendly and charming whenever we have seen her.

We would recommend this establishment without hesitation.

• Visited April 2014
Emma D, Owner at Ugo's Cafe Bar, responded to this review, 3 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write positively about Ugo's. After nearly 19 years we pride ourselves and strive for repeat business as this creates a positive atmosphere as many of our customers become not only friends but more like family. On the subject of Iced coffee I wonder if you prefer it with crushed ice, cubed ice or whizzed in a blender? I think with crushed. Maybe you can tell me when you are in next and I will happily make you one to try on the house. James
Essex, United Kingdom
“Rude staff”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

We go to Ugos on a regular basis despite it being expensive and the owners being terribly rude as a lot of our friends go there. However, after our last visit with a large group I will never go back. Sandra's son obviously had delusions of grandeur and he was very rude. They simply will never be getting any further visits from any of us and have lost out on a lot of future business.

Visited April 2014
22 Thank Hullilly
Emma D, Owner at Ugo's Cafe Bar, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
If this comment is from the group who where screaming at he bar then I had every reason to ask you to keep it down as you were getting out of hand. The loud behaviour was a disturbance to other customers who complained. If not then I don't know what this is referring to.