“Ikea do a better hot dog.”
Review of Ugo's Cafe Bar

Ugo's Cafe Bar
Ranked #111 of 142 Restaurants in Leigh-on Sea
Cuisines: Bar, British, Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Ugos is a family run cafe-bar, well established for 17 years in Leigh on sea with a relaxed environment, good music, great food, especially our homemade Hamburgers and healthy salads. Our fantastic new cocktail menu, serving Mojitos with fresh mint and limes and delicious Espresso Martinis are made by our fantastic team of bar staff.We take all the orders for food and drink from the bar and we also have plenty of outside space to sit too.We look forward to welcoming you. Pop in for a coffee and say hello.
Essex, United Kingdom
“Ikea do a better hot dog.”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

You're better off continuing to walk down the road to Tesco Express and buy a can of 8 hot dogs for £1.50 than pay £7.50 for the tripe I was served. Sent back. Grim.

• Visited August 2014
13 Thank LorraineKeith

Southend
“Not a successful lunch..!”
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

I took my friend for a birthday lunch..! Having waited 55 minuets for the food to arrive ... It was poor and disappointing. As already mentioned in other reviews the salad was no more than leaves covered in dressing oh with a few...well one or two cherry tomatoes thrown in.. The goat cheese was disgusting it was hard and dry...looked like it was left over from the night before... and one big lump in amongst the leaves...but my friend did find three walnuts... The falafel salad was ok and not bad In taste.....but just look like a train crash very poorly presented.. To the owners credit she did refund the money in full... It may just have been a bad day.. We all get them... But for the price of just under £10 for a salad.. Then they have to do better in terms of value and ingredients.. And if the goats cheese is not right then don't serve it... I did wonder why it was not so busy at a lunch time..! Sorry UGO's may have new menu... but could loose customers if not improved...

Visited August 2014
6 Thank js9797
Emma D, Owner at Ugo's Cafe Bar, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Hello and thank you so much for your review. Your points have been noted. We serve thousands of satisfied customers, many of them frequently. We must be doing something right after 19 years. We welcome you back anytime. James
Leigh-on Sea, United Kingdom
“Bit too "Leigh" for me”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I took my son here for lunch. The food was ok but I obviously need to readdress my assumptions about what "salad" constitutes as was disappointed to have forgotten that in trendy cafe bars, "salad" means leaves and nothing else.

It was nice but a bit pricy for us.

Visited March 2014
5 Thank Nichola S
Emma D, Owner at Ugo's Cafe Bar, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
Hi thank you for your review! After over 19 years we are very much part of the fabric of Leigh and are proud to be so. We love it that some of our staff have been coming here since they were babies! We couldn't just serve leaves in our salads - we put in micro leaves, toasted seeds, fresh herbs, some are served on a tortilla wrap and they are all freshly made and never from a bag which is what you get in a lot of places. We welcome you and your son anytime.
London, United Kingdom
“The new menu is Ace!”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

My wife and I tried the new menu and weren't disappointed. I had the cheese burger which was nicely cooked and came in a great brioche bun. It was better than their old burger, which was pretty good anyway. My wife had the fried chicken burger, which was also fresh and tasty.

The rest of the revamped menu looks great too. A great place for lunch or an early dinner with the kids.

• Visited July 2014
3 Thank mrkencho
Emma D, Owner at Ugo's Cafe Bar, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
Hi Simon S and thank you for your review and your photo of an empty plate! Thats exactly what we want to see. We are glad you have been enjoying the new menu as well. Give me a shout when you are in next so I can thank you personally - James
Westcliff
“Awesome in every way”
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

This place never fails to impress in every sense specifically the new menu which is fun, thoroughly delicious and very reasonably priced. Staff are always welcoming, friendly and very polite. This is by far the best venue in Leigh.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Hubbard2
Emma D, Owner at Ugo's Cafe Bar, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
We love you too! Thank you for taking the tine to write such positive words. We are stoked. I am going away on holiday tomorrow but replying to your kind words was on my to do list. You are most welcome anytime - next time you are in give me a shout so I can thank you personally. James