“Amazing!”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Destination Spa & Clinic
More attraction details
Owner description: Specialing in semi permanent hair reduction and facial rejuvenation
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing!”
Reviewed 31 January 2014

Had an amazing time, lovely treatments, staff were lovely. Great value for the money..definatly go again.

Visited December 2013

Grays Thurrock, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Completely unprofessional - would never waste my money there again!”
Reviewed 27 January 2014

A friend and I booked a coconut & lemongrass spa ritual & massage treatment through Groupon. I always expect to be cheated a little bit with Groupon purchases but not to this extent.
I was able to make the booking without a problem so that's a plus point.
When we arrived at the spa we were taken into a tiny box room and given a consultation form to fill out. It was then explained to us that we could use the remote on the chair to start our massage - What an absolute joke! we were given a chair to massage us in a spa & was charged extra for the privilege!
After about 15 mins 2 members of staff came into the room to take us for our treatment. The treatment that we purchased was called a coconut & lemongrass ritual so I wasn't entirely sure what that would involve. The staff didn't explain anything to us regarding the treatment, nor did they even go through our consultation form with us. I found this very poor for a spa/ salon & I must say I felt I couldn't relax throughout the duration if the treatment as I didn't know what would be happening.
It turned out the treatment wouldn't be relaxing anyway! It involved body brushing, some body moisturiser applied, a warm body wrap left on us and then a shoulder & scalp massage.
The body brush & wrap were fine but they hardly take much skill. The moisturiser was sloped on without any care, and the shoulder & scalp massage felt like they were being done with no clue. They felt terrible & uncomfortable, certainly not the relaxing feeling I was hoping for. It felt like someone with absolutely no experience of beauty therapy was giving us our treatments! In fact me and my friend probably could have stayed at home and done the treatments our selves better. The covers were even left off my back whilst we were left in the room which was very cold and uncomfortable.
Nothing at all was professional about this spa.
My friend & I both left this place in both shock and laughter at how unprofessional and ridiculous the experience was - what a waste of money!

Visited September 2013
2 Thank VixenHerb
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Disappointing!”
Reviewed 22 December 2013

I bought two pampers treatment in Groupon, value £190. It was a basic half an hour massage, when I expect something more for that prize. Plus in that half an hour I had my worst massage ever! The lady didn't have enough strength and more than a massage it seems a simple rub!! I will never go to this place again!

Visited December 2013
3 Thank AngelaMozz
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lovely experience and relaxing atmosphere”
Reviewed 30 September 2013

I recently visited Destination to have a pre-holiday pamper, I had waxing (done a couple of days before my tan), pedicure, eyelash and eyebrow tinting, eyebrow shaping, semi-permanent eyelashes and a spray tan. The staff were friendly and competent and I was made to feel relaxed and at ease - I even nearly fell asleep whist having my lashes done! I left feeling refreshed, revived and ready for my holidays with no worries about having to put on make-up and whether I was going to be the palest person by the pool : ) I have already booked in for my next wax, eyebrows and eyelashes - it makes such a difference and reasonably priced for the location and atmosphere.

Visited September 2013
London, United Kingdom
54 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Where's the customer service?! Is it because we bought a Groupon voucher and didn't pay full price?!”
Reviewed 1 August 2013 via mobile

I have just say down at home after my visit to destination spa. I think 'spa' sets up a higher expectation for customers and when you arrive you are disappointed!!
We knew it wasn't going to be a full blown proper spa due to location and price. My friend and I purchased a Groupon vouchers for: body scrub,back massage,body wrap,head neck & shoulder massage and we also paid to upgrade and have a pedicure.
I have to say the treatments themselves were great - no complaints there & I do feel very relaxed.
When we arrived we were taken to what I assume was the 'light therapy' room - we weren't told this is what it was,we had a glass of water and some forms to fill in. We weren't told the benefits of so called light therapy and the room wasn't big enough to actually relax in. The staff at this point had not introduced themselves or asked us for our names. We completed our health check forms which were not checked with us and the 'areas of concern' we highlighted were not spoken about to see if we wanted any changes to our package.
We had our treatments in the double room which was just big enough for 2 beds,the lady doing my treatments had to move the bed while I was on it several times so she could complete the treatments. It had a nice relaxing feel to it the music was nice it was just a little small for the job.
When it got to each part of the treatment we were told what would happen although not told the sort of body wrap they were using (admittedly we had forgotten but we also expected that we would be told during!!). So the treatments went on which were all very nice - the back massage in particular.
At the end we were told to relax and dress when ready and then meet the girl out the front of the shop. When we did,we were handed out shoes and asked for the balance of our upgrade which we paid. At no point was there any small talk of 'did you enjoy that' etc as you would normally get.
It was nice that the staff weren't pushy with more treatments an products but they generally looked like they just could not be bothered!!

Maybe it didn't help that it has been a hot day and we arranged to go in on their late night but that's no excuse for poor customer service,all the more reason to increase customer service I would say!!!!
All in all,I enjoyed my treatments but won't return.....shame as its in a nice location on the High St of Leigh,but should get rid of the spa from the title......

Visited July 2013