“Very Accommodating. ”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Napier
The Suntouched Inn Travellers Lodge
Ranked #2 of 6 Napier B&B and Inns
Cape Town
“Very Accommodating. ”
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

Had completed a 10k run in Napier and couldn't find the hostel we were told to shower and change at. We were having lunch after the marathon and the bike race at The Suntouched Inn and the Manager let me use her own shower to change and went out of her way to make us comfortable and to feel welcome. Lovely atmosphere and vibe.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Czech first
Cape Town
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Napier is a lovely small town in the Overberg, near Arniston. I discovered The Suntouched Inn looking for a good meal and place to play pool. The pizzas were better than anything I had in Cape Town and the bar has personality and a great pool table. I did not stay there, but the rooms on offer were quaint and each one has a great travel theme.

Gansbaai, South Africa
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I did not stay at this venue. The restaurant of The Suntouched Inn, pizza's that we have ate where excellent. The view from the veranda overlooking Napier Valley is a nice place to chill out. Due to Monday night there where only two venue's to eat from in the Main Street near out B&B. The venue got a excellent Bar that will be nice in the winter. Just stroll in and look around and you will be tempted to have a bite...

Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed 4 March 2014

As soon me and my Husband arrived we immediatly felt at home. Everyone is so friendly and would go the extra mile to make their guests happy. Theunie went out of her way to make us comfortable. She is the jewl of this place. The pizza's was the best i ever had. Rooms is cozy and we had such a great time that some of our friends decided to stay another night. Me and my husband cant stop talking about the lovely time we had. We are definitely coming back for a longer stay.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 April 2012

After a fairly long and very hot and tiring day driving I was looking for a simple but good evening meal. Friends in Napier suggested I join them at the Suntouched. Well, what a nice surprise it was! It is well known locally as a great place for Pizza or Pasta and, while I don't go too much for Pizza I love a good Pasta dish. I chose a Taglietelle to which I just kept saying Yes put some of that in on No I'm not keen on that... Not a problem, they prepared exactly what I asked for, in a yummy cream sauce, in a proper size portion with some lovely bread to mop up........ 'Absolute Bliss' Added to that a lovely crisp Sauvignon Blanc which the 'boss' kindly kept in the fridge for me and just kept topping up my glass without ever needing to ask. I can't remember exactly what the bill came to but, it was a surprise, I would have happily paid double.
I can't comment on the accomodation as I did not stay there but it is a friendy, comfortable and welcoming place, with lots of local custom and, eveyone, both customers and staff make you welcome.
I would not hesitate to call in again.
Phil

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Philip U
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 March 2010

We stayed for 4 nights, coming away to Napier for a peaceful and restful vacation. The Suntouched Inn is definitely funky and individual, each room being given a different theme, and is more like a hostel style establishment than your "regular" run-of-the-mill B&B.
We stayed in the room called "Suntouched" which is their "family room" that has a splendid old iron/brass bed and bunk beds for any offspring that you might have in tow, and an en-suite bathroom with shower.
However what we hadn't reckoned with is that the B&B is right on the main road, which is a main artery between the towns of the Overberg (Bredasdorp, Cape Aguhlas, Gansbaai etc) and the port of Cape Town, so there was a lot of traffic, some of it very heavy rumbling past our bedroom window. Behind the bedroom is the bar and pool room. So with the traffic in front and the bar behind which was in use until the small hours, our first night was , shall we say, not that restful!
The next morning Craigan, the owner, was, to give him his due, full of apologies and we enjoyed a fabulous breakfast.
The next 3 nights were, thankfully, much quieter, though the traffic still rumbled on.
The rooms would benefit from having tea and coffee making facilities, places to dry things like towels more effectively would be appreciated, there is no daily servicing, no hotel toiletries provided - all of these are small things, but when you are paying not far short of European rates then it is reasonable to hope for European standards of service.
A fascinating stay in a funky, unusual venue with hosts who will make you most welcome, but bare in mind if you are looking for peace and quiet, I would suggest taking ear plugs with you!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AndrewHills
London
Reviewed 23 March 2010

We have stayed a few times at the Suntouched Inn. We always include a few nights there on our trips to and from the Garden Route. Angela and Craigan are friendly and welcoming and really encourage us to feel at home at the Inn. The restaurant serves amazing pizzas and pasta, and the bar is always a fun place to spend a few hours, even for the kids.
There is a variety of beautifully decorated rooms, a family room with bunk beds for children, a few double rooms, a dorm-type room, and people can even bring their tents to camp on the lawn.
Angela and Craigan's son has a super playground and loves to share it with visiting kids.
Napier is such a calm little oasis, you can pretend that the rest of the world does not exist when you are there. My favourite thing to do is to sit on the stoep and watch the world peacefully wander past.
We most often just spend our time relaxing in and around Napier, which has a good number of antique shops, interesting little museums and art galleries, but we also like to drive out for trips to Hermanus, Stanford, Arniston and to Struisbaai when we are there, and have also been to De Hoop nature reserve, to Swellendam and Aghullas. There are some really good walks to do around Napier.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
3 Thank LondonMamaMia

Been to The Suntouched Inn Travellers Lodge? Share your experiences!