“Very nice pub and food”

The Ship Inn Itchenor
Cuisines: British
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The Ship Inn is an attractive village pub situated 150 yards from the shores of Chichester Harbour, with its fine walks and harbour tours for visitors. As well as serving excellent food, The Ship Inn retains all the characteristics of a traditional English Inn, with a relaxing atmosphere. The Ship Inn provides excellent holiday accommodation in a peaceful rural location near West Wittering, close to Goodwood and Chichester.
Reviewed 30 July 2013

We were in the pub Saturday afternoon then returned in the evening. For lunch we had sandwiches with a side order of chips, nice thick bread and wholesome fillings. 2 x guiness 2 x coke 5 sanwches and 2 frech fries was £35 food was of a good quality and we were all pleased with it. We returned in the vening after fishing and ate in the bar as the restaurant was fully booked, all our meals were excellent, I had Dover sole and my son had fish and chips. we found the staff friendly and helpfull and the atmosphere laid back and relaxing we took advantage of the bar games and killed a couple of hours to avoid the rain. We would not hesitate to go back.

There are newer reviews for The Ship Inn Itchenor

Reviewed 19 July 2013

We went here's in search of seafood after finding out the Crab & Lobster was full.
It was awful. Everything had been bought in, from the paté to the chutney. The seafood 'salad' was a massive disappointment and was left largely uneaten - the prawns tasted as though they'd been defrosted and don't get me started on the scampi. Pretty sure I tasted freezer-burn on the bread too.
Weirdly the accompanying minted peas were nice. But overall, disgusting. Avoid.

2  Thank mfix
Reviewed 19 July 2013

First time here and it's a lovely looking pub but I would only return for a drink. I was tempted to point out my pint of prawns was more like a half pint of prawns but the waitress had already been quite stern. My partner's pate was also on the small side, quite a skill to slice pate that thin. The seabass was quite bland and the veg was overcooked and watery, my partner enjoyed his scampi. A real shame.

2  Thank June L
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Had lunch here yesterday & ordered cheese & ham ploughman's for my husband and me. We each got: 1 slice of bread (no butter), half an apple, one slice of cheddar (me) three pieces of tinned ham (him), a few leaves, a tomato and some relish. I wished I'd taken a picture. We were going to say something but they were busy and no-one seemed that interested. For £7.95 that was it - arguably not enough even for a sa ndwish!

1  Thank Jacquelois
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Great location, sunny day, lovely walks. What I wanted was a nice ploughmans at the only pub in this village.
I had a ham poughmans, my wife a cheddar one.
Maybe the warning signs should have beeen triggered when the guy behind the bar said they only had one cheddar ploughmans left anyway the food arrived and for £7.50 each I got 3 bits of ham, 2 bits of bread, no butter initially and a tiny bit of salad plus some relish. My wife got 2 tiny bits of cheddar and essentially the same as me plus half a brown apple.
Strangely when i was looking for someone to complain to all staff disappeared but honestly just dont go - they have a captive market and clearly abuse it

2  Thank johnswlondon