“It's just what we needed!”
Review of Miracle Beach Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Black Creek
Miracle Beach Inn
Ranked #3 of 3 Black Creek B&B and Inns
Citizen of the World
“It's just what we needed!”
Reviewed 7 August 2009

I have visited Miracle Beach Inn twice now. First on my own; the second time I brought my boyfriend along.

Each time Bernd and Bridgitte welcomed us with beaming smiles! They are two of the most hospitable people we've met.

The environment is warm and comfortable. The bed (hand made by Bernd) provided one of the most perfect sleeps I've ever had.

I fail to understand the complaints of the other individual who provided the negative review. The hosts were nothing short from accommodating. Breakfast was absolutely delicious, in fact, we asked for Bridgitte's hash brown recipe, and the home made bread was wonderful (I could have eaten the entire loaf). Jim really liked the Hawaiian toast and the endless coffee.

The first time I visited i was on my own and was very glad to have Bridgitte provide me with her company during breakfast. The restaurant advice was also great. During my second visit the hosts seemed to have a full house and yet managed to accommodate everyone's breakfast schedules. It was a very jovial, communal atmosphere and the world suddenly seemed a little bit smaller (there were other visitors from Europe).

The short mini-break at Miracle Beach Inn was exactly what we needed!

Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank PsychoBates

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Vancouver
Reviewed 4 July 2009

Our experience at The Miracle Beach Inn could not have gone worse. The purpose of this review is to get the word out to potential B&B users. I feel very passionately about what happened here on our stay and HAD to put it somewhere, possibly helping others.
Do not be fooled by their sleek, elegant sounding/looking website. It lists many positive features and many are empty promises.

Upon our arrival ( a very rainy day) we were looking forward to settling in and getting into the warm hot tub. We had specifically set out to book a B&B with a hot tub. We pull up to the place and the owners are waiting for us on the porch.
1. Without letting us get our bags off our shoulders, they immediately tell us the hot tub and pool are broken. Let Down. And that was the start:
2. We wanted to go for dinner, they gave us wrong directions. Ended up in Campbell River.
3. Got back, they showed us how to play their Wii. They stayed up with us and wouldn’t leave us alone.
4. Talking about their different ailments ( arthritis, a tumour the man must drain into the sink). Their deceased son was on the walls of the house, with various memorables of his placed around the house. Uncomfortable hearing about these constantly.
5. Non-private movie room, they would join you.
6. Internet was down, they were re-doing the computer.
Did not receive access codes as promised on website.
7. Teepee was unfinished.
8. Basketball was flat.
9. She turned the heat up to 21 at night, could not sleep. She apologized for that at least.
10. Didn’t mention that they had a dog, led to allergies.
11. Repair men for the hot tub poking around, kept us awake during nap time. Too Loud.
12. They also smoke like chimneys these people.

THE FOOD

If you want MICROWAVED scrambled eggs and bacon that is in shards and burnt to a crisp, you should stay here. A disgusting pineapple cheese toast also came the first morning. I choked the first meal of TERRIBLE eggs down the first day, but on the second day when she repeated the eggs and added a mayo potato hash with ham, I just couldn’t do it and handed it back to her. WORST food I have ever encountered. Her response : “You should have told me you didn’t like it.” Also, she stood literally a foot away from you at the breakfast table whilst you ate, just watching you, like a drill sergeant. I can't say enough about how bad the food was. It's bed AND breakfast. You provide and bed and a good meal to start the day. It's THE major selling point in my mind. Just awful. You have to see these eggs to believe them and I hope you never see them placed in front of you.

DO NOT STAY HERE.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
4 Thank restlesssoulbdp
Boesemeyer, owner at Miracle Beach Inn, responded to this review, 8 August 2009
It is correct that the hot tub was not usable. The company which supposed to do the work was 10 days late. We gave our guest a $5.00/night discount after they said, they won't use it anyway.

This guest was the first who could not find one of the 4 restaurants we recommend.

It is right that I explained the WII, how to set the input signals on the TV for TV/DVD/WII and left after 5 minutes while my wife went to bed. While the WII is hooked up to the TV in the lounge - it is a public area for all of our guests.

We have pictures of our deceased son in some places. We do not mention to anybody that he died 10 years ago, unless we are being asked. We certainly do not mention this constantly.

Beside the fact that this guest had a TV with extended cable in his room - the TV in the lounge is for all guests. We never watch with our guests - we have 3 more TVs for our own entertainment.

The internet was never down. The access code for the wireless connection is part of our guest directory. If a guest cannot find it we will print it out for him/her.

The teepee was finished. We were putting a wooden floor into it - but a firepit and chairs were all in place and could be used.

We had at the time in questions 2 basketballs of which one was flat - the other one was brand new and on the porch beside the tennis court.

The temperature in our rooms can be indiviually adjusted. Generally we point this out at the time of the arrival - it is also explained in our guest directory.

We point out on our website that we allow dogs in our suite - so it could not be a surprise. In addition to that - he actually asked us if he could take our dog out for a walk.

We did some work around the hot tub at 2:30pm, not knowing that the guest was back from the beach. Once I was notified about his return I stopped immediately.

We do smoke in one room, otherwise only outside and in the teepee.

Regarding food: We are getting a lot of compliments. As per complaint: There were scrambled eggs, Hawaiian toast (toast, ham a slice of pineapple and a slice of cheese grilled) and potatoes (not with mayo!!). Beside that there were fruits, home made bread, toast, jam and cold cuts. My wife is generally around to make sure our guests are not running out of coffee/tee or anything else.

We are BC Tourism approved and have a 4-star rating by Canada Select.
Calgary
Reviewed 3 April 2009

My wife and I stayed at the Miracle Beach Inn and found the location, hospitality to be of the highest level. Miracle Beach is a short walk or drive away. We also enjoyed the Inn's pool and hot tub. The hosts were excellent and we can't speak highly enough about the accomodation.

• Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
#10 of 16 in Campbell River
Seascape Waterfront Resort
Seascape Waterfront Resort
#4 of 4 in Quadra Island

Been to Miracle Beach Inn? Share your experiences!