Alpina is located in a small village near Mayrhofen. There is a bus and it takes ten minutes to get into Mayrhofen, but 40 minutes to get back because the bus runs on a circuit. Also, the bus doesnt run for two hours while the driver has lunch.
Alpina is a well-maintained clean property with 20 rooms. Ours had a balcony where we could watch para-gliders float into the valley.
Here are some positive things about Alpina:
1. dinners were excellent and you pick your mains from a choice of three at breakfast
2. at breakfast, you could make a lunch sandwich and an apple was provided as well as a bag
3. members of the Hauser family who work at Alpina are cheerful and accommodating
Here are some things that can be improved:
1. smoking is allowed at the bar and the smell permeates the building including dining area, seeing the bar is right at the entrance to the eating area
2. towels need upgrading as they are so thin that one had FOUR holes in it
3. provide some decaff instant coffee instead of just hot water
Inghams ad stated that WiFi was free but we were told it's 15 euros for the week.
On the whole, we had a great week in a beautiful valley in Tirol.