“The nicest hotel in Nidri!”

Hotel Captain Stavros
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Nidri
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I've stayed here three times now. the last time in june this year. The hotel is always clean and tidy, and the ladies who manage the hotel keeps the Place in shape. The rooms are spacious and looks good. The beds are not so hard. It's great to travel With children, the hotel has stollers and babybed to lease, for a small amount. the pool area is Nice, could be bigger.. small childrenspool inside the pool. It's a short walk to the Beach, but not good to walk With the stroller.. I reccomend to walk a bit on the mainroad and then turn right to get to the Beach. It's Nice and easy to rent a car and drive on lefkada. Try the great Beach Kathisma and the cosy town Vasiliki (also a Beach there). If you take a trip to lefkada city, park at the parkingspace by the harbour when you Reach the city. I have stayed at other hotels in nidri, (for example avra.) and this is the best hotel, that I have returned to, and will definitly visit again :)

Room Tip: Rooms facing the street has bigger balcony, and Nice view, but more noise from the street. (The stre...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank tzaziki

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Hotel Captain Stavros is wonderful maked hotel, with great enterior and is great place to stay for a vacation. Interesting place wjere you can enjoy in accomodation and great food, and also ind the great looking hotel. Rooms are nice, and surrounding are great. Worth to payt a visit

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 June 2014

An absolutely lovely small hotel! Stayed here with our family of five in a two-bedroom apartment. The apartment was spacious, clean and nicely decorated. Good breakfast, nice staff, cosy atmosphere. The location was good: on the main road, many shops and tavernas nearby, but still peaceful.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Trav919
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I communicated the below response to this hotel by e-mail. I also tendered an on-line reservation request. I have yet to receive any responses:
'Captain Stavros Hotel
310 84 Nydri, Lefkas

I visited your hotel today.
I am presently holidaying in nearby Meganissi and took the ferry to sight see in Nidri. I have visited the area many times over a number of years.
I took a brief look around the reception and bar area of the hotel and also the pool and deck areas.
There were two female staff members in the bar area and I enquired about the availability of coffee to non-residents and possible use of the hotel's wifi. One of these staff members took my drink order and spoke to a male member of staff who appeared and who later referred to himself to me as the hotel manager and also it's owner. He was smoking and appeared to have more of an understanding of English than the two females.
I queried the use of the wifi to be informed by him that the hotel and presumably the wifi and its password was the sole preserve of Scandinavian clients only who book the accommodation via a charter company called Apollo whose booklet appeared on the reception desk with others including a visitor's comments book. This I later confirmed was out of kilter with your website.
By this time I had moved with him to the reception desk and attempted to browse entries and comments within this book. This was to gauge what surely ought to be only favourable comments from past residents of the hotel. That said, maybe not. This obnoxious male staff member snatched the book from me and claimed I wasn't entitled to view it.
I explained to him that I was a British holiday maker staying on the nearby island and that the appearance of the hotel seemed suitable should I need such in the future. I outlined to him that his manner was not in keeping with encouraging potential new clientele and his negative attitude did nothing to promote the usual Greek hospitality that other Europeans have come to recognise; clients that keep him and other Greeks in a job I thought!
By now I had picked up one of your business cards and as if appreciative of the error of his ways, this ogre began to excuse himself claiming to be having a bad day because of his a five hour drive from Athens. I explained that his bad day and his attitude around it had by now impinged on my day attempting to make it bad also and solely through his own inappropriateness.
I finally left the hotel with little by way of apology or attempts to counter this outright hostility, rudeness and unprofessionalism.
There seems little in these circumstances by way of welcome which would encourage me to return to your hotel be it for a drink, use of its computers and/or wifi nor as a potential resident. Neither would I contemplate a tendency to recommend it to others purely because of the negativity and mannerisms of the man I have mentioned.
There seems little else to say other than to invite your acceptance that this uncalled for altercation was little more than a one off and that the persona of this manager is not normally so surly and improper.
I look forward to hearing from you about this matter
Kind regards

16 May 2014'

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

Hotel is really modern. Smaller appartments have slighty older equipment than big ones. Beds were bit too hard for us, but someone may like it. We changed rooms to the big apparment because we wanted sun until evening and easy access to pool. Big appartments felt almost luxury. Staff was very helpfull and cleaning worked fine. Hotel is mostly booked for Apollo, so you can expect to see mostly Nordic people. Breakfast was ok and small changes everyday. Also, if you neede extras, like highchair or mustard, we got it. Really good place for kids of all ages. We heard from locals that the hotel is the most modern in Nidri. Female staff super friendly, male staff is not so sociable but helpfull if needed. One of males were pumping our babypool, very helpful. We recommend to travel here if the weather is good. Apollo also did a job here!

Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 19 October 2013

This hotel is technically a 4-star because it has a gym, a pool and a bar, but it is not 4-star standard. The beds were hard, mattresses covered with plastic and uncomfortable to sleep on. The so-called kitchenette in the studio apartment was very ill-equipped, but there was a small fridge, one hotplate and a tiny hotplate meant only for a small coffee pot...the whole thing is in a kind of cupboard, so there's no room to cook anything, other than make coffee or boil eggs, which is unnecessary since breakfast is included. Breakfast was ok, but not really four star quality or variety. They had Greek yoghurt but no olives or feta cheese, which one would expect in a Greek breakfast.

On the plus side, the staff was pleasant and the apartment was spacious and had a view of the pool. The beds were made every day, but the cleaning of the bathroom left something to be desired. They didn't really clean, and there were layers of dust on the toilet, etc.

On the whole we were pleased, but we think it is misleading to call it a four-star hotel.

Also, don't go in October. The weather was unstable, overcast and rainy most of the week.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2013

The Best thing in the hotel is the Staff! Really excellent personalities who are making sure that you have a pleasant stay. The pool area is really cozy even it is not that big. Good pool and and really clean enviroment. The hotel's restaurant has only few sandwich options but good selection of ice creams and drinks.
The location is good. There's a supermarket 200 m to South (right from the front door) and there is restaurants close by, One of my favorite Lunch places was the Gyros place 500 m away to North (Left from front door)

Definitely Value for money and can really recommend for families and why not for couples if you stand also the presence of families. ;)

Room Tip: If you want to have more space then I propose to take the 2 bedroom one. We were staying in the 3rd...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Mika K
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nidri
Apartments George
Palmyra Hotel
#1 of 14 in Nidri
Lefko Hotel & Apartments
Porto Galini Seaside Resort & Spa

Been to Hotel Captain Stavros? Share your experiences!