“Short taster cycle ride”
Review of Get Active

Get Active
Ranked #2 of 28 Outdoor Activities in Nidri
More attraction details
Owner description: Guided biking and hiking trips on the mountainous island of Lefkas! Our MTB tours are for all levels of fitness and skill, from gentle trips through olive groves to high energy MTB rides through the hidden tracks and trails on the island! -Family rides 1.5 hours 20€ (FREE for children when using a trailer bike. -Beginner taster rides 2 hours 20€. -Intermediate rides 3 hours 25€. -Advanced rides 3.5 hours from 30€. -Extreme rides 5 hours from 35€. -Day trips to Meganissi 35€. Option to upgrade to a full suspension bike! Our weekly hikes are for those wishing to get out and explore the wilder side of the island. Hikers must have a good level of fitness as our hikes are on ancient footpaths up the mountains where the views are our rewards! From 20€ per person. We also have road bikes for rent - from 20€ a day. Quiet roads and plenty of hill climbs makes for a great road biking destination!
Reviewed 31 August 2015 via mobile

Great way to get a different view of Greece. We went on a 2 hour taster mountain bike ride with Simon

I'm no slim, racing snake, and I thoroughly enjoyed this. There was just my husband and I on the ride and Simon was great at matching our pace (and waiting for me at top of hills).

Yes there were inclines but all were easily manageable and we stopped at the waterfall for a view and a couple of cold mythos.

Was great to get out, through the olive groves, and to do something a bit active

Simon was great. He provided tasty ginger biscuits when we stopped at 'the top'. I left my sunglasses up at this stopping point and he drove us back afterwards to retrieve these.

I would recommend this for anyone of any ability. I'm sure Simon can adjust routes to suit individual ability.

Thanks Simon.

GetActiveLefkas, Owner at Get Active, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2015

Thank you for your fantastic review! We are pleased you had a great time, and you were reunited with your sunglasses!

All reviews
"coffee stop"
"next year"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed 31 August 2015 via mobile

My wife and I took a taster bike tour with Get Active while staying at Hotel Galini after a weeks flotilla with Sun Sail. It was a great experience, Simon the tour guide was very knowledgable and his bikes are a very good standard. We toured the olive groves at the back of Nidri, before a ride to the water fall. I'd highly recommend this activity as a break from the sun beds. You don't have to be a proficient cyclist for the taster - but if you are a proficient mountain biker, Simon will have a route to challenge you.

Thank you for taking the time to share your Get experience with others, we are pleased you had a great time!

Reviewed 30 August 2015

We took one of the more gentle rides to Nidri waterfalls along with our 2 children (aged 10 and 11). We loved the ride and felt really looked after by Simon and Lucy (who even gave us delicious homemade carrot cake). Our heights were taken in to account so the right bike was provided for us - especially important for the children.

Seeing some of the countryside by bike was a lovely memory (we're not cyclists at all); it really added to our holiday experience. I can't recommend this activity enough, you'll really enjoy it and have great fun.

Thank you Simon for this fantastic review, it was great to meet you and your fun family!

Reviewed 27 August 2015

We went on 2 rides with Simon and Simon. The first the taster ride and the second uplift to the top. The taster ride was excellent. I had very little experience off road and he guided us safely through a challenging enough route. The uplift I did with my 13year old son. It was also great fun and physically not too difficult. The views from the top are spectacular. All in all a great activity and great value.
Thanks Simon and Simon

What a fantastic review, thank you! You were one of the lucky ones who experienced riding the top of the mountain this summer, we are pleased you and your son enjoyed the adventure!

See more reviews
Reviewed 24 August 2015 via mobile

Fantastic experience. We didn't have much mountain biking experience so went on taster ride, then intermediate a week later. Simon(s) is/are excellent, and provided you are fit enough will instruct you through the more challenging descents, with proper mountain biking techniques (quietly assessing your ability all the time and tailoring the routes to the groups abilities). We would never have attempted the trails on our own, but with Simon constantly watching and adjusting our confidence rose and the challenges passed uneventfully and with considerable buzz on the final time ( of 3) over the terraces of the olive groves, we really wanted to do it again to beat our time! T-shirt hill a taster of how steep expert technique lets you go up, did made a fifth, proud of that. Awesome rides, great guys. Really recommended.

GetActiveLefkas, Owner at Get Active, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2015

THANK YOU for your fantastic detailed review, you have really shared what Get Active is all about :) We hope to see you again!