See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 May 2011

I must endorse all the other excellent reviews for this B&B. Judy and Hedley made us feel so welcome immediately.
The ensuite room was spotless and fresh bottled spring water was provided daily, in addition to the customary refreshment tray.
The breakfast was delicious and plentiful.
Add to this the proximity to River Cottage HQ and the Axminster Canteen, which make it a sought after location.

1  Thank isthistherealthing
Reviewed 21 May 2011

My husband and I have just travelled almost the full length of the country but just had to come on here and write a review for 2 of the best hosts we have ever experienced. Judy and Hedley are not only very friendly and make you feel very at home, they go out of their way to help make your trip a really wonderful experience. The breakfast was superb, the room very comfortable and the hospitality second to none.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 May 2011

We had the best welcome from Judy and Hedley, they are perfect hosts. Bedroom was very comfortable and it had the most wonderfull shower. Lovely relaxed atmosphere, great location for the town which has of course the River Cottage Canteen, within easy walking distance.
We cant wait to go back again.
Thanks Judy and Hedley.

Room Tip: Just phone them, they are so friendly.
Reviewed 18 May 2011

We chose this B & B as a result of the previous reviews on trip advisor and we weren't disappointed. Our room was comfortable and homely, the location was ideal for our visit to the River Cottage canteen but more importantly we were made to feel genuinely welcome by Judy and Hedley. Whether serving us one of the biggest breakfasts I've ever seen, giving us tips on what to do with our day (Lyme Regis is a must) or just chatting away as if we'd known them for years, Judy and Hedley were first class hosts- warm, fun and helpful. We cannot recommend this place highly enough.

1  Thank parksy20
Reviewed 8 May 2011

I spent 6 nights in total at Highfield. Judy and Hedley are the warmest hosts possible. Each morning, they would be around to chat with me, asked me about my day at River Cottage, made arrangements to have breakfast with me knowing that I was travelling solo. They even drove me to sights around the county, invited me for their family gatherings...I am truly blessed to have met such a kind and wonderful family.

The room I was in was facing the road and Hedley openly explained to me that it could get quite noisy but it did not pose much of a problem for me since the night traffic is generally very very minimal. Loved the little touches in the room (a real antique fireplace), good selection of teas, fluffly towels, restful bed, very clean toilets.

Location wise - perfect if you drive since its close to almost anywhere. Walk to town was a short 8 mins stroll. Buses are the usual town frequency and good enough to take you where you need to.

Although I did not have a chance to try a real English Fryup due to the amount of food I will have to eat in the day (doing a cooking course at river cottage) another couple who was around had it and it sure looked very generous to fill (at least for me) up for an entire day. I looked forward to my bowl of berries and melon each morning as the quality was impeccable and even better than any 4-5 star hotel. My poached eggs were perfect and from REAL CHICKENS running on the farm (quoting Hedley :))

All in all, this is a place I cannot fault and will be looking forward to visit again! This is my first stay ever in a B&B and has set a benchmark for future.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo