See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 June 2012

The absolute tops in B&B's, beautiful house,Judy and Hedley were friendly, attentive hosts, nothing was too much trouble, spotlessly clean everywhere, comfy warm room, fantastic breakfast, ( we did'nt need to eat all day), very close to Axminster, and within easy reach of the Jurassic coast.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 March 2012

I stayed at Highfield House between the 19th and 24th of February whilst attending a course at Axminster Tool Centre which was approximately one mile from the B & B. I haven't had huge experience of B&B accommodation and therefore am unable to compare with other similar places in the area. However, it is hard to imagine a more comfortable, quiet and completely relaxing place in which to unwind after a long tiring but extremely pleasurable day on the course. Judy and Hedley are most agreeable hosts and could not do enough for me. They run a warm, clean and efficient business and nothing is too much trouble for either of them. I found them both to be friendly and extremely attentive which characterises the whole atmosphere of the place. I can't recommend Highfield B&B too highly, it is most definitely a cut above the norm.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 February 2012

Stayed overnight at this wonderful Bed & Breakfast whilst taking my wife for an evening meal the the River Cottage canteen

I booked over the phone with Judy, she gave the air of being a great hostess and she is a very laid back and delightful lady

The B&B is extremely easy to find and has ample off road parking

Our room was beautiful, modern and very clean (and lovely and warm as well) had an excellent small en suite bathroom with a shower cubicle but no bath (no problem there) and the power shower was brilliant

Our room was very nicely decorated and furnished and the bed was very comfortable, plenty of wardrobe space

Breakfast in the morning was very well organised, we had a cereal bowl of chopped/diced/sliced fruit each ready and waiting for us at our table when we walked in to the dining room, there were all the usual suspects ready to choose from: fresh fruit, a good variety of cereals, juice,yoghurts etc. Judy sorted out a really nice cooked breakfast and toast with lashings of hot and very good quality coffee.

Would I stay here again? Undoubtedly a big YES from both me and my wife

A really nice place, charming hosts and Axminster seems a lovely place to visit

As for the meal at the River Cottage Canteen? Fabulous

Am already looking forward to visiting both establishment again in the future

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank travelmanfrompompey
Reviewed 30 January 2012

Traveled to Axminster for a wedding anniversary celebration and stayed one night at Highfield B&B,easy to find and 10 minute walk from town centre.
The house is absolutely lovely and the bedroom was spotlessly clean, comfortable, and cosy. Judy and Hedley are the perfect hosts, they treat you like friends and go out of their way to make you feel at ease,Hedley even dropped us into town in the evening.
Delicious huge breakfast next morning,probably the best I've had at any top hotel/B&B
Would highly recommend Highfield and would definitely use again.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 October 2011

Our recent stay at Highfield exceeded our expectations and couldn't have been bettered. Judy and Hedley did everything possible to make us welcome and meet our needs from the first to last minute. Nothing was too much trouble and consequently we thoroughly enjoyed a relaxing short stay in Axminster - eating extremely well at breakfast and feeling nicely pampered in the lovely bedroom and bathroom facilities. What a great place to stay - so much more personal, friendly and peaceful than many of the hotels we have stayed in elsewhere. We would love to visit again and recommend that you do if you need a base in this gorgeous part of the English countryside.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family