“A place to return to”
Review of Prestoller House

Prestoller House
Ranked #1 of 12 Axminster B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Warm thanks to Caroline and Adrian for their faultless hospitality and for the immaculate accommodation which was comfortable and luxurious. I would unhesitatingly recommend Prestoller House though you may need to go on a diet afterwards - the breakfasts are superbly cooked (thank you Adrian) with a really good selection of jams, croissants and other local produce and the dining room overlooking the garden is very pleasant. Caroline and Adrian really do want guests to have a lovely time and feel well looked after. I'm already looking forward to staying there again!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 24 July 2014

So close to the river cottage which is the reason we came here.
Beautiful house having been fully refurbished and offering such comfort. This B and B is on another level. Fabulous spacious room which had its own private entrance. My husband and I were on a three night break and it was fantastic. We could come and go throughout the day with ease. Bed quality was superb, sumptuous bed linen, a chic bathroom with plenty of room to put everything...perfect.
Loved the hairdryer in its own bag, the coffee machine (another touch of luxury), the homemade biscuits, fresh milk, the list goes on...
Breakfast was something we looked forward to each morning, Freshly cooked to order and at a time to suit us, homemade breads and jams...and loved the teapots with tea leaves. No tea bags here!!!
Adrian and Caroline are delightful hosts and so easy to be around. We wished could have stayed longer. Tremendous value for money, if I was asked to rate this B and B I would give 5 huge stars. More than highly recommended.
It was the best B and B we have stayed in. We have already booked again for a longer break as there is so much to see and do in the area.
Already looking forward to out return

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Our accommodation in King Room 1 at Prestoller House was most impressive. A virtually brand new room offered the comfort, style and size of a five star hotel. The spacious bedroom included a very comfortable king bed with high quality linen and duvet, super furnishings, a Nespresso machine, bath robes and an excellent tv. The bathroom was equally well-equipped with a generous bath and shower, luxurious soft towels and high quality toiletries. Our room was in a separate, attached annexe to the owners’ house which offered us an agreeable complete privacy with own entrance. A tasty cooked breakfast was served in their dining room while enjoying a view of the charming garden.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

I was down on business from London and needed a place to stay in Axminster and this place really caught my eye. The first thing I'd say walking through the door is how homely everything felt. Really beautiful furnishings and it felt very spacious - not crammed in like some of the B&Bs I've visited in the past. I loved the bedroom I stayed in, the bed was so comfy and very stylish decor!

Breakfast was really well done! I asked for a full English and Adrian was kind enough to whip up a delicious plate full! Not to mention there were home-made biscuits available too. They were to die for! I was really impressed with the food and drink as the majority of things are home-made - even the bread, which is great.

As I had most of the day to spare I had the chance to explore the surrounding area and it took no time at all to walk into town. I had no idea how close it was to the famous River Cottage canteen!

The hosts Adrian and Caroline were so kind and welcoming, I would highly recommend this place to anyone visiting the area! They made my stay very pleasant!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 July 2014

What can I say, we had an absolutely fabulous time staying here with Caroline & Adrian, wonderful hosts, always went the extra mile from start to finish. We arrived in a bit of a whirl, so didn't have much time to settle in, but when we saw the room, wow !! What a room it was, King size bed, flat screen TV, pristine bed linen, towels , toileteries, coffee machines, and homemade biscuits.
The breakfast was absolutely yummy.
It's a pity about the trip advisor photos of this place, look on the website , it's the best B&B I have ever stayed in. Already booked for next year.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank jacqui1992
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I stayed here for two nights whilst on a course for work and couldn't have asked for more. The house has been newly redone, everything is very clean and modern but with a homely touch! I stayed in a very big room with ensuite that was beautifully decorated, very comfy and with everything you could need. Caroline and Adrian were so lovely, they had some delicious homemade shortbread biscuits waiting for me and they even got up before 6 to make me a delicious cooked breakfast! I wish I could have stayed for longer and would love to go back on holiday.

Room Tip: The room in the annex was very spacious with a good ensuite. The entire area is very peaceful so no...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I had to write a little note to just say what a great stay we had at the gorgeous Prestoller House this month (July 2014.) The photos on here are clearly of the previous owners establishment. Caroline and Adrian have recently refurbished this charming house and it looks fabulous - think stylish spotless chic!

I had been looking for a local b&B establishment close to River Cottage and to the beaches of the pretty Lyme Regis and this newly refurbished house seemed just the ticket. Caroline and Adrian were so welcoming and utterly charming throughout our stay. Nothing was too much to ask for.

Our double room was just perfect - pristine and with really pretty stylish touches. There were some homemade goodies on arrival which was a lovely thought and much needed after a long drive. The bed deserves a mention as it was dreamy and the location was so quiet. Breakfast in the morning was such a treat with a wonderful array of the usual full English (but all locally sourced) and a nice range of teas and extra goodies. Adrian who cooked throughout our stay was clearly a real pro!

All in all a fabulous find in a very special area of the country! Thank you.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Axminster
Kerrington House
Weycroft Mill House Bed & Breakfast
Spillers Farm
Spillers Farm
#1 of 4 in Musbury

Been to Prestoller House? Share your experiences!