“Wonderful room and had a great nights sleep”

The Tytherleigh Arms
Ranked #1 of 35 Restaurants in Axminster
Cuisines: British, Pub, Soups
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Wonderful room and had a great nights sleep”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Wonderful place to stay and it has a great atmosphere inside the bar/restaurant and the breakfast we had was one of the best we had ever had. We had a good night sleep in a wonderful comfortable room.

Wokingham, United Kingdom
“Really nice interior and food to match”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

I'm not sure I have been to a pub as tastefully decorated as The Tytherleigh Arms - it made for a delightful evening, especially as the food and service were of a similar standard.

East Sussex, United Kingdom
“Excellent dining in rural Dorset”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

They were very understanding that we were twenty minutes late for our booking (we had not appreciated that, despite the postal address, Tytherleigh is nearer to Chard than Axminster). The restaurant is on a raised level from the bar area with low beams and attractive décor. Service was excellent as was the menu and wine list. Our courses came at just the right pace and were all copious in quantity, nicely presented and well cooked (although my cod in batter could not match the quality of the one I had straight out of the fryer at the take-away at the beach in Lyme the day before). Our NZ Sauvignon was excellent, if a little pricy. All in all we were very pleased to have found somewhere so good in an area not blessed with fine-dining establishments

Frome, United Kingdom
“Great service, friendly atmosphere and yummy menu!”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Parents have just moved down to Tytherleigh and they mentioned a local restaurant that was serving decent food at reasonable prices. In the past we've not always shared the same opinion of places where we've both dined but it's fair to say that we do agree that The Tytherleigh Arms are serving up great quality local food in a friendly and professional manner.

My mackerel starter with poached egg was surprisingly filling, as I'm told was the risotto starter. The guinea fowl salad is served cold (which the waiter took the effort to point out) - think I would of preferred it warm. My brother in-law ordered a Sirloin steak but was later asked if would be happy with a Rib eye instead (didn't charge the difference) as the chef wasn't happy with quality of the sirlon - which was a nice touch.

Overall it was a very pleasant evening meal and considering its a stones throw from my mums it's fair to say we will definitely be returning

“Back home....”
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

Went back to the Tytherleigh Arms, where I lived with my parents until the late nineties for a meal with my better half - we like to eat in as many different places as possible and I've got to say the This meal was one of the best. Steaks were as good as it gets, cooked to perfection - Chocolate Semi-Freddo was without doubt one of the best desserts I've ever had.....delicious.
Can't wait to go back....
Luke Lawrence